BullRush CMAN question 01/14/2021 08:03 AM CST
Hi, I'm wondering what goes into a successful cman BULLRUSH for a warrior? is it stance? What level you are? Ranks in bullrush? etc...

thank you...
Re: BullRush CMAN question 01/14/2021 08:32 AM CST
> Hi, I'm wondering what goes into a successful cman BULLRUSH for a warrior? is it stance? What level you are? Ranks in bullrush? etc...

Stance, your level vs target level, and ranks in Bull Rush itself. Those are the largest contributors.

- Naijin
Re: BullRush CMAN question 01/14/2021 05:51 PM CST
hmmm. so it to be more efficient i need to be in offensive stance? is it that much of a difference between offensive and say neutral?

thanks again
Re: BullRush CMAN question 01/14/2021 06:24 PM CST
>> hmmm. so it to be more efficient i need to be in offensive stance?

Yes.

>> is it that much of a difference between offensive and say neutral?

Yes.

-- Robert

>> *** A small bundle of woven hemp is discharged from your ruic heavy crossbow. It expands as it sails through the air and then coils about a forest troll's legs!
Re: BullRush CMAN question 01/15/2021 03:53 AM CST
>hmmm. so it to be more efficient i need to be in offensive stance? is it that much of a difference between offensive and say neutral?

The baseline success chance just got increased a lot, so its not as important as it used to be, but if you are not in offensive and want to be better, changing stance is the thing that will have the most effect and the only thing that will have a big effect.

Under the old system you pretty much had to be in offense and had to have 5 ranks and couldn't be a small race. Now 1 rank is plenty, I maneuver critters with 1 rank that I couldn't touch with 5 under the old system and if I wasn't so used to always being in offensive to attack, using lower stances would be feasible too. It takes a fluke for me to succeed if I accidentally target a square critter when I'm in defensive, but at cap 1 rank on a level 95 pure from defensive works. Its not great, but it doesn't require a fluke and it would be decently effective if I felt I needed to use it in forward rather than offensive stance.

If a CMan is not good enough for you, the first thing to do is get in offensive, then if that makes it almost good enough, but not quite and its a maneuver you really like, get the other 4 ranks of it as well. The difference between 1 and 4 ranks is just about noticeable, but you really need to go from 1 to 5 if you want to notice the difference from your training. There are exceptions, like coup, where there are benefits other than the die roll bonus to extra ranks, and it can be worth training for those benefits. Elsewhere, try 1 and if that isn't quite good enough, and you really like the CMan, train the lot.