natural crit weighting for 2handed weapons 12/30/2020 04:48 PM CST
Hi, I've tried to look this up but cant find any information on this...

Can someone layout if 2handers have natural crit weighting? if yes, which 2handed weapons? and higher the AVD of a 2handeed weapon is better?
Re: natural crit weighting for 2handed weapons 12/30/2020 05:23 PM CST
Claidhmore has the most (40 points).

Katana has some (10 points).

I don't believe that there are any other weapons that are weighted straight out of the box.
Re: natural crit weighting for 2handed weapons 12/30/2020 05:47 PM CST
thank you
Re: natural crit weighting for 2handed weapons 12/30/2020 08:30 PM CST
>I don't believe that there are any other weapons that are weighted straight out of the box.

Any that are made out of razern.
Re: natural crit weighting for 2handed weapons 12/30/2020 08:59 PM CST
<and higher the AVD of a 2handeed weapon is better?>

There's really no one stat that's most important for weapons, what makes one better then another depends largely on how you approach combat. Generally, you want something with a good balance between the AvD/DF and speed, since it doesn't matter how hard you can hit if you're constantly stuck in long RTs or can't hit the body part you're aiming for.

The faster and lighter weapon are, the easier they are to aim but they'll will struggle to deal decent damage against heavier armor. These are more attractive to warriors that do a lot of MSTRIKing, cause they can get more swings in faster and generally focus more on attrition then crit kills.

High AvD/DF weapons hit like a beast, but tend to have long RTs and are difficult to aim at specific body parts. I've never played a berserking warrior, but I'd imagine they favor these since they get an attack every 5 seconds regardless and can't aim their shots anyway.

Open ambushers that aim for the head/neck are going to want something in the middle (esp at lower levels). They need higher DFs for the crit kills they're going after, but they also need to be able to reliably make contact with the body part they're aiming for.

Over-all, warriors are going to skew towards high AvD/low speed, esp as they get enough levels under their belt that their stats and training minimize the drawbacks of them. Mauls and katanas seem to be the most widely sought after and there will always be die-hard claidhmore fans, but I've gotten a few people that have commissioned me to make flails and greatswords as well... and the few times I've produced a perfect quarterstaff they've sold FAST (I honestly cannot figure that one out, maybe bards like them?)...

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: natural crit weighting for 2handed weapons 12/31/2020 05:48 AM CST
"razern"

Agreed, but since the OP was asking about weapon types, and that's a feature of the material....
Re: natural crit weighting for 2handed weapons 12/31/2020 08:47 AM CST
thank you, this was great...