creature evade and parry 12/28/2020 06:21 PM CST
Hi, is there a way to lessen the number of times one gets parried or evaded by a creature?
Re: creature evade and parry 12/28/2020 06:29 PM CST
Some creatures are naturally evasive. That said, there are some spells that will help reduce their chance to dodge / evade such as:
- Paladin - Aura of the Arkati (1614)
- Wizard - Tremors (909)

There are also some combat maneuvers which will assist with this such as Dirtkick (available to All) or Truestrike (available to Warriors, Rogues, Rangers, Bards, Monks, and Paladins).

The above is not an exhaustive list, what profession do you play?

-- Robert

>> [You have failed your current Adventurer's Guild task.]
Re: creature evade and parry 12/28/2020 06:38 PM CST
Okay - after clicking Post I note that this is in the WARRIOR folder so I am going to assume you play a warrior. :p

This is one of the reasons a (slightly) like my dual broadsword wielding warrior over my THW warrior is that he gets twice as many opportunities to land a blow on those annoying evasive creatures.

You may want to look into TRUESTRIKE as a potential CMAN to train in (CMAN HELP TRUESTRIKE in game for more information).

My paladin uses TRUESTRIKE to reasonably good effect. Things can still dodge/evade but with 5 ranks their ability to do so is halved.

-- Robert

>> [You have failed your current Adventurer's Guild task.]
Re: creature evade and parry 12/28/2020 06:44 PM CST
Yes, as was mentioned, CMAN Dirtkick (https://gswiki.play.net/Dirtkick) is an amazing one.
>cman help dirtkick

Skill Name: Dirtkick
Mnemonic: dirtkick
Type: Setup
Roundtime: 2s
Stamina Cost: 7, can POP muscles
Hostile: Yes
Other Requirements: None
Available to: All
Combat Maneuver Points:
Rank 1: (Squares) 2 (Semis) 3 (Pures) 4
Rank 2: (Squares) 3 (Semis) 4 (Pures) 6
Rank 3: (Squares) 4 (Semis) 6 (Pures) 8
Rank 4: (Squares) 5 (Semis) 7 (Pures) 10
Rank 5: (Squares) 6 (Semis) 9 (Pures) 12
Description: Attempt to kick dirt into the face of an opponent.
Mechanics: Reduce the targets Attack Strength, Perception Bonus, and chance at Evading, Blocking, or Parrying attacks.
Rank 1: -10 AS/-20 Perception/-15% EBP
Rank 2: -15 AS/-30 Perception/-20% EBP
Rank 3: -20 AS/-40 Perception/-25% EBP
Rank 4: -25 AS/-50 Perception/-30% EBP
Rank 5: -30 AS/-60 Perception/-35% EBP

~Aulis
Platinum Co-Guru
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: creature evade and parry 12/28/2020 07:02 PM CST
I set my weapon bond to the flare that ignores parries and blocks.
Stance forcing will reduce EBP (I feint, warcry, trample and wait for them to stand up, or let them swing first depending on the critter).
Learn more MOC. If enough of your quadstrike isn't landing, turn it into a quintstrike.
Switch to UAC. While EBP does affect UAC, it does so in a hidden way, and what you don't notice doesn't annoy you.
Re: creature evade and parry 12/28/2020 08:12 PM CST
Any maneuver that gets a creature into a higher stance will help significantly. Also, as already mentioned, more strike opportunities means it matters less, so twc has a distinct advantage, as do faster weapons. I use TWC in the duskruin arena for precisely this reason. It's particularly effective when mstriking the champions with 6 strikes per weapon. Even with 4 EBPs, I'm still getting 8 strikes.
Re: creature evade and parry 12/29/2020 08:48 AM CST
thank you!
Re: creature evade and parry 12/29/2020 08:52 AM CST
does stance account for CMANS? Like this dirtkick cman, is it more effective in a higher stance or is defensive stance ok to be in with this cman?

sorry for all the questions....
Re: creature evade and parry 12/29/2020 09:11 AM CST
>does stance account for CMANS? Like this dirtkick cman, is it more effective in a higher stance or is defensive stance ok to be in with this cman?

dirtkick in unusual in that you don't suffer a penalty for being in a defensive stance when you use it. Most CMans have large stance effects, it pays to be in offensive when using them and defensive when they are used on you.
Re: creature evade and parry 12/29/2020 10:18 AM CST
that's great news..thanks again
Re: creature evade and parry 12/29/2020 04:01 PM CST
>Hi, is there a way to lessen the number of times one gets parried or evaded by a creature?

Putting a creature prone reduces EBP by 50%.

It's a massive irritation with my wizard that has about 140 ranks of EL:E and gets an extra 11% reduction (61% total) when he uses 909 on a creature and the thing still has multiple successful EBP in a row as it lays on the ground.