Revisit Assess formula? 11/18/2020 12:39 PM CST
When assess was introduced the game was very different. I don't believe the formula has changed since then.

I'm wondering if it makes sense to revisit it so that warriors can see weighting on a wider variety of weapons.

Perhaps take into account total weapon ranks and divide by some number when assessing a non primary weapon?

Maybe take forging ranks for a weapon type into account?

In today's gemstone...a capped warrior should be able to see weighting on nearly anything...maybe after a couple tries, but it should be doable...especially one who has mastered forging that weapon type?

Using forging still leaves bows difficult to assess, so that should be taken into account...but there are only like 4 or 5 people in the game who can assess bows, and that seems odd.

Just my two cents on the subject.
Re: Revisit Assess formula? 11/20/2020 12:48 PM CST
I think there are a lot of legacy (read: old), code for warrior skills that could use some tweaking. I'm not sure that I agree with your tertiary idea, but I do think that say, 50 ranks in a given weapon style should be enough for 100% success, or at the very least an indicator that you haven't seen something.

I've mentioned sheath making as another area that needs a lot of improvement, and that is really mostly because it doesn't play nice with other systems. You can't alter or add a script to a warrior sheath for example.

Kerl
Re: Revisit Assess formula? 11/20/2020 03:46 PM CST
I concur.

The assessing failure of a weapon/armor especially annoys me. At 202 ranks I don't think it should fail, but even a message letting you know to try again would be appreciated. I've rolled several times without a read or full read.

Actually, rt reduction too please, thanks!