But what about the shrubbery? 09/28/2020 10:33 PM CDT
Dear Guild Master Bertrandt,

Having heard of your recent decision to halve guild training requirements, my initial reaction was to rejoice at the thought of the reduced workload this would put on our future recruits. Further reflection, however, quickly turned my jubilation into concern: our shrubbery will now receive only half the attention! The law of unintended consequences is the only real law of history. To address this oversight, I propose that the guild obtain a goat to roam our halls, keeping our shrubbery at bay. Please let me know if you approve, and if so, I can begin screening for candidates among the town's trips.

Best,
Gillien
Re: But what about the shrubbery? 09/29/2020 07:55 AM CDT
"keeping our shrubbery at bay" -- Gillien

I have it on good authority that goats will eat ivy, thyme, marjoram, yew, sage, oak, grass, small unattended halflings, holly, and other undesirables, as well as bay.

This sounds like an excellent solution.
Re: But what about the shrubbery? 09/29/2020 08:15 AM CDT
Every warrior guild definitely needs a goat or region appropriate equivalent so we can harken back to the battle days of crazy high points per rank. I suggest vaalor, on it's freshwater river with adjacent grasslands, get a capybara.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: But what about the shrubbery? 09/29/2020 06:50 PM CDT

>>I propose that the guild obtain a goat to roam our halls, keeping our shrubbery at bay. Please let me know if you approve, and if so, I can begin screening for candidates among the town's trips

How about a burro, so dwarves can have stubborn contests?

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: But what about the shrubbery? 09/29/2020 07:01 PM CDT
>> How about a burro, so dwarves can have stubborn contests?

And you thought guild work took a long time before the changes...

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: But what about the shrubbery? 10/07/2020 07:00 PM CDT

I do see a potential problem with your goat based shrub control. We would just be required to clean up the shrubs later....as smellier version.