Updates to warrior sheaths 09/15/2020 10:21 AM CDT
Could someone please update the code for warrior sheaths? Right now, they can't be altered or modified pretty much at all, and are not compatible with any scripts or other sheath systems. It sure would be nice if warrior sheaths were compatible with the systems that have evolved since the sheath system was created. It's overdue for an update.

The same applies to battering. Did you know that you can batter barriers with a brick, or a tree branch found in a box? Did you know you can't alter those items and still batter with them? The ability to batter is tied to the noun, and this hinders us from customizing the things we use.
Re: Updates to warrior sheaths 09/16/2020 02:20 PM CDT
>>Did you know that you can batter barriers with a brick, or a tree branch found in a box? Did you know you can't alter those items and still batter with them? The ability to batter is tied to the noun, and this hinders us from customizing the things we use.

I haven't looked at the code for bashing, but in general if something triggers off a specific noun list, it's usually because there's no underlying "item type" associated with it.

What that means is that you'd either have to build out an "item type" base, which is a lot of work for aesthetics. Alternatively you can potentially extend the approved noun list, which is an easier path to take.

What were you trying to alter your brick/branch into?

Viduus
Re: Updates to warrior sheaths 09/16/2020 03:14 PM CDT
Years ago I altered a branch into "a big stick" and it failed to work after that.

The batter barriers question is largely anesthetics, but it's a bigger deal with the sheaths, where we can't add any of the new fun scripts or other functionality to our sheaths. Warrior sheaths should be the premiere sheaths, and an updated code for them that would allow for compatibility with the many new scripts would be a big plus for one cool thing that warriors can make.
Re: Updates to warrior sheaths 09/17/2020 06:52 PM CDT
+1000000 for sheath upgrades. Maybe add something like cobbling punches to add zests for the different sheath types? I would also LOVE to make a harness or swordbelt and be able to add my custom sheaths or scabbards like the greame sashes or twc belts. Then a punch to add some neat scripts to show off the creations would be great.