follow up... 06/12/2020 05:00 AM CDT
So i tried out a 5x mace with great shield and after 3 hunts I went back to my claid. The plan is to stick with my claid until I can get a nice crit weighted OHB and the critters get hard enough that walking around with a big stick wont take them out in 1 swing. The extra defense from the shield was nice though.

Took the forums advice and put dis to 100 and since berserk doesnt need any other members to advance I am now at rank 19, it has gotten much better. Will probably just finish berserk then work on tricks since finding people is a pain. After berserk will try for tricks.

Now that I am lvl 19, I put my stats for full growth at lvl 100 and I lost some skills, but was able to stick with the core training of 3x armor, 3x PT, 2x CM, 2x THW, 1x MOC and 1x dodge. I now swing my claid in 6 secs, which sucks but I have not died yet.

I think i got redux since when i checked into the inn, it did not give me that message that says insufficient for redux.... So I was thinking of dropping to 2x PT in the next couple lvls to pick my perception up and some climb/swim.

Currently wearing augemented chain since I had some 4x stuff from another character lying around. I guess the next push will be for half plate since I have a set of 4x sitting in the locker, will try to just skip over MBP if I have the agi/dex bonus for it when it comes to be that time.

Any significant milestones I should be aware of? Currently just hunting in the landing since thats where I am most comfortable and I have 0 climbing and swimming after redoing my stats.

Thanks for the help getting used to this warrior.
Re: follow up... 06/12/2020 08:24 AM CDT
"I now swing my claid in 6 secs, which sucks but I have not died yet." -- KellyM40

Note that while Berserk you will swing in five (5) seconds, because that's how Berserk rolls. :)

Also note that the 'qstrike' command (for QuickStrike, used to be a CMan and was opened up to be a combat verb for everyone) can be used to swing faster, at a cost of stamina.
Being a Warrior tripled in PT, you should have a fair stock of stamina....
Re: follow up... 06/12/2020 09:44 AM CDT
Only thing that will become an issue IMO is the 1x dodge training although you may have plans to increase it as you gain levels. It is the main way to train defense as a THW user so make sure to start working towards 2x dodge after your early milestones (i.e. 150 armor ranks, etc). On that note, if it is not already part of your training plan consider stopping MOC at certain thresholds to save points for other training priorities. Stopping at 30 or 35 MOC ranks for a while to finish armor or get more dodge is a good idea instead of going full 1x if you feel like you are too vulnerable. After that you can choose to rush to 55 ranks of MOC for 3 focused strikes and/or assess again. Your access to spells, gear and hunting grounds of choice will further influence these decisions, though.
Re: follow up... 06/12/2020 11:24 AM CDT
<So i tried out a 5x mace with great shield and after 3 hunts I went back to my claid. The plan is to stick with my claid until I can get a nice crit weighted OHB and the critters get hard enough that walking around with a big stick wont take them out in 1 swing. The extra defense from the shield was nice though.>

I'd recommend getting a morning star or war hammer over a mace when you use blunt. The DFs are better enough across the board that you won't likely notice the occasional puncture crit unless you're hunting something immune or resistant to puncture crits.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: follow up... 06/12/2020 01:28 PM CDT
<Also note that the 'qstrike' command (for QuickStrike, used to be a CMan and was opened up to be a combat verb for everyone) can be used to swing faster, at a cost of stamina.>

That's the second time I've read this. The original CMAN still exists as well.
Re: follow up... 06/12/2020 02:09 PM CDT
I agree, it still exists.
However, nobody needs to actually train in it, unless they fall into one of those fringe cases that gets a mention as being possibly more effective to use the CMan.

Meanwhile, all of those folks who are not trained in it, are perfectly well able to inflict their QStrikes should they choose to.
Re: follow up... 06/12/2020 03:05 PM CDT
>Now that I am lvl 19, I put my stats for full growth at lvl 100 and I lost some skills, but was able to stick with the core training of 3x armor, 3x PT, 2x CM, 2x THW, 1x MOC and 1x dodge. I now swing my claid in 6 secs, which sucks but I have not died yet.

>I think i got redux since when i checked into the inn, it did not give me that message that says insufficient for redux.... So I was thinking of dropping to 2x PT in the next couple lvls to pick my perception up and some climb/swim.

3x PT tends to start getting redux a couple levels earlier than 19, so it would be surprising if you didn't have it. However it starts fairly small and builds up so if your aim is lots of redux as soon as possible, stick with 3x PT. The amount of redux training gets you eventually levels off, but that's somewhere mid-level rather than now.

>I'd recommend getting a morning star or war hammer over a mace when you use blunt. The DFs are better enough across the board that you won't likely notice the occasional puncture crit unless you're hunting something immune or resistant to puncture crits.

I found CMAN precision useful at low level. Eventually I was aiming such a high fraction of swings that I unlearnt it but it was useful for this issue for a while. A mace works fine on an ambusher, but I've always had a star for open combat.

A mace is fine if that's the style you like, but getting that bit extra weighting on it will be that much more important.

>Any significant milestones I should be aware of? Currently just hunting in the landing since thats where I am most comfortable and I have 0 climbing and swimming after redoing my stats.

The Landing has the best guild night for warriors. Its too late for me to go often, so I can't speak to the current state, but it used to be easy to get partner reps. There have tended to be more Masters-at-Arms standing around gossiping than people actually wanting reps from them when I've been there. Just ask them rather than the NPC whenever you need a checkin or a promotion and they'll be more than happy to help you.

The first time you find yourself hopping back to TSC minus both arms and a leg, remember, this happens in chain, but it doesn't happen in plate. If you don't get in MBP when you can, some critter will teach you the error of your ways.