Phantasmal bestial swordsman 06/09/2020 10:53 AM CDT
I'm trying to make sure I'm prepared to fight these beasts with my Blunt/tower shield warrior in a few levels and was wondering what tactics other warriors have used against them. Hunted them with an empath and sorcerer already, but melee is a horse of another color.

I already know my preferred tactic of shield bash and aim for the head/neck isn't gonna work, so was thinking maybe disarming them and just wailing on them til they give up and die? She's in Voln and trains in brawling, so that's an option too, though she wears plate and has no dodging ranks... so stowing the shield would prolly be risky at best, esp as much as stuff there moves around sometimes...?

Anyway, any input is appreciated since I need to hunt there if she's gonna master Voln before the undead gap and build up a good supply of favor.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Phantasmal bestial swordsman 06/09/2020 06:06 PM CDT
>Anyway, any input is appreciated since I need to hunt there if she's gonna master Voln before the undead gap and build up a good supply of favor.

The citadel basement is terrible for squares. Soul golems are made for squares, go hunt them instead.

If you do go there, make sure you use enough outside spells to prevent the heralds touching you. Taking down a lone swordsman isn't that hard, its taking them down before you get swarmed thats the problem, and if you can ignore the heralds it gives you that much more time to finish off a swordsman.
Re: Phantasmal bestial swordsman 06/10/2020 05:19 PM CDT
<Soul golems are made for squares, go hunt them instead.>

Teras is sooooo boring.... and Basher would not be happy getting covered in ash constantly.

<Taking down a lone swordsman isn't that hard, its taking them down before you get swarmed thats the problem, and if you can ignore the heralds it gives you that much more time to finish off a swordsman.>

I've actually been preparing for heralds/apprentices by picking up eblock, but yea swarms in that area are always a problem. Esp when groups with a monk come through...

It's a shame deflection training only works on ranged/thrown attacks.... would be a huge help down there if it also worked on bolt/ball spells. I'll prolly have to just avoid the urge to be stubborn, keep my wits about me, and move around a lot.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.