New Armor specialization proposed for Warriors now in QC 02/12/2020 03:01 PM CST
New Armor specialization proposed for Rogues, Warriors and Monks now in QC on 02/12/2020 03:58 PM EST
Heard this recently on Discord

Skill Name: Light Armor Mastery

Mnemonic: lightarmor

Other Requirements: Available to: Warriors, Rogues, Monks.

Prerequisites: None

Armor Point Cost: Rank 1: 20 Rank 2: 30

Description: You are able to capitalize on your maneuverability in light armor to reduce the effects of magical warding attacks and increase your effectiveness at maneuvers and evasion. At rank 1, you gain a CvA bonus of (70 - (AG * 20))% of the highest AsG you have fully trained. At rank 2, you gain a (20 - (AG * 5)) bonus to your maneuver rolls and a (25 - (AsG * 5))% to gain Evasiveness when evading an attack. Evasiveness prevents one attack or spell from harming you and lasts up to 30 seconds. When this effect ends, this ability has a 10 second cooldown.

Also, Armored Reinforcement, Armored Stealth, and Armored Evasion are being reduced to 150 armor points.

Cloth, Leather, Scale, with scaling benefits based on description there.

If you have 200 ranks of armor you can get light armor mastery and 5 ranks of evasion/stealth

Wolfloner's player

Steve
Re: New Armor specialization proposed for Warriors now in QC 03/29/2020 11:04 AM CDT
In response to any future QC adjustments for light armor mastery, I'd like to add my brief observations of a lower level warrior.

Disclaimer: I'm not a master of the deep end of GS's mechanics. I'm an off and on player. Some of my personal affectations may not be entirely accurate.

That said, if the goal is to balance it with heavy armor use, it's almost there.

Pertinent skills are as follows, level 30 halfling.

Armor Use..........................| 196 96
Shield Use.........................| 164 64
Combat Maneuvers...................| 164 64
Edged Weapons......................| 164 64
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 124 32
Physical Fitness...................| 193 93
Dodging............................| 142 42

I just recently jumped back in and was informed by an old timer that light armor mastery is the bees knees for us shortie warriors. I'm inclined to agree, if it can get some tweaking, but right now I think it's only viable in mid-to-late game. The benefits (Good CM/CVA, low encumberance, easy to reach areas that require climbing or swimming, etc...) seem to be well balanced with the drawbacks later on, but at my current point the survivability against heavy hitters using light armor just seems.... Atrocious.

I swapped out a breastplate and a medium shield for an equivalent small shield and a set of robes, and rolled over my masteries with a fixskills, excluding some not-so-important shield masteries because I messed it up a bit. All of my hard numbers against attacks stayed pretty much the same, I saw a bit of a boost defending against maneuvers and spells, and doing maneuvers of my own was much easier. It was an even trade across the board and seemed very playable until I started taking hits from high-crit critters, and then I was getting one-shot every chance they got. Didn't have anywhere near enough redux to make the setup playable even though I've tripled physical fitness.

For the same rolls wearing a breastplate I was taking 25% of the damage and coming out with a bruise. Add in armor reinforcement and hunting is pretty safe, if slow. The point is, from what I see looking at how it scales and what I was told by people using it successfully is that light armor mastery is not a "glass cannon" option in the late game. It has plenty of survivability, but that survivability doesn't scale down to my stage in the game.

Knowing what I know about the mechanics, and late-game hunting, I can see how light armor mastery scales into something very playable and also very fun. I'm also at a loss on recommendations of how to make it useful for lower levels sooo.... I'll leave it up to the devs and the rest of the community to brainstorm that.

And if I've derped something obvious, please say so. Like I said, I just jumped back in Friday after being gone for a few years, my memory isn't perfect.