Updates and Suggestions 09/04/2019 05:49 PM CDT
In lieu of our unending demand for the ability to triple train CM (which is still a demand btw), how about another round of warriors suggesting updates to warrior things that could use some updates.

For instance, Executioner's Stance. As it stands right now, considering the very steep cost in prerequisites to get the full use of this martial stance, how about a brief update. Some suggestions à la carte..:

1) upgrade to the frequency (+20% per rank as opposed to +15%)
2) uncapping the amount of follow-through swings (i.e. going from 1 to X) with the negative AS modifier still applied, but starting at -25 and scaling -10 per swing to X (see: Great Cleave)
3) a knockdown added to the benefit from Rank 3 of Staggering Blow
4) if not a knockdown, then a Trample-like effect (remaining RT adding, but not knockdown) with maximum targets being equal to ranks in Staggering Blow (max total of 5)

I'd also suggest an update to the Gerrelle's Growl War Cry via the guild. While still doling out a 216/Frenzy effect, also the possibility of a 1608/Beacon of Courage effect wherein the afflicted creatures target only the warrior for the effect's duration? This would be without the 1608 spell benefits of ignoring FoF, as while nice, warriors can achieve that through their regular training of MOC, being one of only two professions able to double train the skill. As it stands, paladins are the only profession who can actually tank- it'd be a boon if warriors could draw aggro in a somewhat similar fashion, being the other front-line flavored profession.

-james, bristenn's player

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!

Re: Updates and Suggestions 09/04/2019 08:42 PM CDT
Reduce roundtime on Batter Barriers, or lower the max cap or standardize the roundtime. Or, have roundtime vary based on what you use to bash. Heavier weapons get extra damage, they should keep current roundtime or range, lighter ones that do less damage can have lower.

When Scatter opened and liches came out, it was explicitly mentioned warrior Batter Barrier Masters would have a bonus in destroying phylactery. If so, it is miniscule. I watched others do it in 2 hits. Not sure why it takes a bash master 2 (long rt) swings or where the benefit is. A Batter Barrier Master should be the best (unhasted/tonis) in dealing with that thing.

Looking at CML and reducing cman cost by 1 pt per rank for some (doesn't have to be all) cmans to hopefully gain back some cman pts to learn more skills or ranks.

Ability to initiate berserk while in roundtime (perhaps postcap ability). Maybe cooldown or pops muscles (hopefully, not this) if needed to balance or limit use.

Make Weapon Bonding add +5 to AS and bonuses per rank. Increase the costs of this cman (reducing sme other less used ones). 3x CM not likely happening but this should net a little bit extra toward that. Same for Wspec, which will also help rogues out they need it. Kick paladins off the cman, they don't need the AS ha

That is all, for now.
Re: Updates and Suggestions 09/05/2019 08:56 AM CDT
I still feel that knowing multiple styles of weapon provides too little benefit. One of the primary strengths touted (back in the conversion) was the ability to train in multiple different kinds of weapons... but dang it all, there's that minor difficulty of only having the two frickin' hands to use 'em with.

So let knowledge of weapon skills help.

I said years ago that PCs who are max-trained not only in their own weapon (what they are using) but also in the weapon their opponent is using, should have some kind of offsetting benefit in hitting/defending against that target, because they know what that weapon can do/is capable of, and can work around/counter it thereby.
(Creatures should NOT get this, because they can use every weapon with equal facility.)

A slight benefit should kick in at "fully singled" (speaking selfishly, as a Cleric who started life fully singled in two different weapon types), scaling up to "a lot less likely to BE hit, and a lot more likely TO hit" at the point of the "fully +50 Enhanced double-trained using a max-WSpec against another max-WSpec" range.

In a similar vein, if someone is overtrained for the armor that they are wearing, let those higher ranks (ONLY) help out. For example, let them offset some of the target's defense (you know the weaknesses of the armor they're wearing), or change the crit divisor (you go through a soft spot)... hell, have them slice the straps holding pieces on (augmented chain, you slice off a piece and the leg coverage falls away).

I will try to dig out my specific proposals (MUCH longer...) and see about recreating them.
Re: Updates and Suggestions 09/05/2019 12:09 PM CDT
I agree with Roblar's suggestions. Also, if not outright reducing CML costs I think combining several of them into one skill similar to cheapshots would work as well.

For example, a new CMAN Battle Tactics. Rank 1 - quickstrike, Rank 2 - true hand, Rank 3 -sunder shield, rank 4 - staggering blow, rank 5 - mighty blow.

Obviously the name and specific skills are debateable but something like this would reduce CMAN costs and allow warriors more flexibility to stand out in combat. I would love to know how many use truehand, sblow or mblow. They are great concepts but too niche and outside of prereqs the opportunity costs are too high.

Next, I would love something to improve berserk. In addition to Roblar's RT suggestion how about allowing us to use warcries or other specific manuevers during the berserk rounds. If you are a shield user being able to add a trample as one of your berserk rounds would be great. All warriors could benefit from using the various warcries during berserk as well. How about the ability to enhance the berserk mstrike making every attack a truehand,mblow, or sblow. The ability to focus mstrike targets when multiple creatures are in the room would also be great for those times you have a dangerous target that needs to go. It would also have some synergy with whirling dervish and be a useful option for shield users.

I have to add the obligatory 3x cman and ability to stop berserk as well though!
Re: Updates and Suggestions 09/05/2019 12:15 PM CDT
I would love to see a 'flare' chance on any given berserk round to do both a cman and a swing. Let it randomly select one of a selection of cmans sort of how bonding has different effects. Headbutt, hamstring, haymaker, tackle, twinhamm, Bellow, sbash and mblow all seen like very in style things to do mid berserk.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Updates and Suggestions 09/05/2019 12:24 PM CDT

The flavor and additional damage and mayhem created by adding the ‘cman flare’ sounds like a great but not OP improvement. Ability to add warcries or even default warcries also a great idea.

I love sblow on my hk for just flinging bodies into other rooms but doing it during a berserk would be a thrill.
Re: Updates and Suggestions 09/05/2019 01:15 PM CDT
I like the idea of folding CMs together, myself. Maybe a an overhaul to Batter Barriers, as Roblar suggested, with the addition to include at rank intervals CML equivalent training in Mighty Blow, Sunder Shield, and Staggering Blow. Also allowing those skills to function in synergy with others that use them (say, Staggering Blow for Executioner's Stance and so on).

A fair amount of the passive bonuses (say Movement, Focus, Wspec and Wbond; even Cdef) could use a boost from their standard +2/rank to +3/rank or, dare I say +5/rank. When considering end-game hunting and its restrictions on buffs (self-spell, spellburst, the confluence punishing you for having too high of a DS), your standard warriors in default 4x gear (as the game is intended or such) are always at a bit of a numbers disadvantage vs. the specified mobs.

Re: Updates and Suggestions 09/05/2019 01:22 PM CDT
"A fair amount of the passive bonuses (say Movement, Focus, Wspec and Wbond; even Cdef) could use a boost from their standard +2/rank to +3/rank or, dare I say +5/rank." -- James

Two thoughts:
- Could change the bonuses provided to be Square | Semi | Spellcaster based, just like the costs. So Squares pay least/get most, Semis have mid-rank of both, and Spellcasters pay most/get least.
- Open up an additional two- or three-tier CMan ("Tactical Mastery"?) that gives +1/tier bonuses to all passive CMans known by the user. (So you know 3 Movement and 4 Focus, with Tier2 TMastery, those ranks now give +4 [instead of the current +2].)
Re: Updates and Suggestions 09/05/2019 02:37 PM CDT
>I'd also suggest an update to the Gerrelle's Growl War Cry via the guild.

Is growl still buggy? Its been quite a few months since I last used it, but crusaders were still able to turtle while under its influence last time I checked.
Re: Updates and Suggestions 09/05/2019 02:55 PM CDT
I haven't actually tested it vs. fallen crusaders. To the best of my knowledge they could be one of those fringe cases where it just doesn't work on them, but I'd assume that's more a bug than anything.

Re: Updates and Suggestions 09/06/2019 06:56 AM CDT
>To the best of my knowledge they could be one of those fringe cases where it just doesn't work on them, but I'd assume that's more a bug than anything.

It worked on them, but they turtled again before it wore off.

You got success messaging, an immediate stance force, then they turtled, and much later you got wearing off messaging.