More feat questions 02/04/2023 11:44 PM CST
Reading the description of Kroderine Soul, it appears that learning this feat would prevent me from receiving any beneficial spells; is this cirrect?
Two other Feats are combined with Kroderine Soul, namely Absorb Magic and Dispel Magic. If I learn them separately, and don't get Kroderine Soul, are
there any comparable drawbacks to these two skills?

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville;
we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: More feat questions 02/05/2023 02:32 PM CST

A few things that work for those with Kroderine Soul:
- Disks
- Group spells
- Voln Symbols
- healing potions

No defense spells work if they are cast directly on to the character. Group spells seem to work.

Not sure, but I think both Dispel and Absorb come with Kroderine Soul, and don't need to be learned separately. Not sure, because Clunk was granted those as part of the conversion that implemented 'feat'.

Hope this is not too inaccurate.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
(When did the forums start spell-checking? It ruins my accent)
Re: More feat questions 02/05/2023 09:59 PM CST
OK, Guenn is a Magic rogue and so far knows 26 spells; I had already decided that she would NOT be learning Kroderine Soul. That's why I asked about Absorb Magic and Dispel Magic as separate entities. I would learn and use those skills individually, provided they had no such drawback.

I suppose I could just learn Absorb Magic and if I didn't like the result I could burn my Fixskills to unlearn it.

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville;
Re: More feat questions 02/06/2023 12:12 AM CST
OK, even with the lesser skills, like absorb magic, you have to "foresake all magic". So, all 3 skills are useless to me. What an annoyance.
Ans then there is the Martial Arts feat. Adds to my UAF skill, BUT I lose 5% of the buff foe every spell known over 5. Oddly enough, Guenn knows 26 spell ranks, so does that
mean she loses 100% of the buff from that feat?

Re: More feat questions 02/06/2023 09:40 AM CST
The Martial Arts Feat is designed to be an alternative means to access the buff of 425 for non-magical squares. You do indeed not get any buff from it due to your 26 spells.
Re: More feat questions 02/06/2023 05:43 PM CST
Ah, I see. So if martial Arts is designed to confer the same bonus as self cast 425, then it is indeed redundant. This was not made at all clear
in the various sources I consulted. Thank you for the elucidation.