Someone messed up (or oversight) on 1206... 05/19/2021 10:53 AM CDT

Just randomly perusing spell lists checking out what to play next. Found monks which looked fun but I don't get 1206(Telekinesis).

Why would this spell use spell aiming? Wouldn't this use thrown weapons instead? I mean, the word 'throw' is literally in the spell descrip;

"...it will attempt to find a random object on the ground to throw at the target."

But not only that from an in-game mechanics perspective monks can only 1x in spell aim as they are squares. This makes the spell literally useless to them, effectively, monks don't have a spell in the 6th slot for all intents and purposes.

Might be an oversight on a dev being in a hurry or something. Just something that should be on someone'a to-do list.
Re: Someone messed up (or oversight) on 1206... 05/19/2021 12:26 PM CDT
Because it's a spell in a Minor list that is open to the (eventual) Savant class, a Mental-realm pure spellcaster who will be able to double-train in Aimed Spells.
(i.e. It is useless to most Monk training paths, in the same way that Pick & Disarm Enhance are useless to any profession that does nothing with boxes.)
Re: Someone messed up (or oversight) on 1206... 05/19/2021 01:00 PM CDT

Hasn't it been stated over and over by up to and including Wyrom that Savants have been postponed indefinitely?

Also, if this is for Savants (which again was cancelled but apparently not?) why not just have Spell Aim OR Thrown skill rather than just spell aim, that way Monks can get some use out of it (while we apparently await Savants RSN).
Re: Someone messed up (or oversight) on 1206... 05/19/2021 08:08 PM CDT
Yeah...that spell came out well after we effectively told savants were never going to happen, so it makes no sense to me why it was put on that list.

I actually feel sorry for whatever GM(s) worked on it... It looks like a great spell, but it will never be used cause of the list it's on. The one profession that can cast it can't use it and none of the ones it'd be great for can use it at all, cause it can't be imbedded.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Someone messed up (or oversight) on 1206... 05/20/2021 06:08 AM CDT
Monks ought to get some sort of professional bonus to allow the use of aimed spells with 1x training, just like pures get bonuses to allow them to use weapons with 1x training.

I use it, but its an RP tool, not a combat tool.