Should I be concerned about my robes 05/07/2021 04:16 AM CDT
I have spent time looking through the player shops and cannot find robes like mine. Should I be concerned? What evil purpose do my robes serve?

You carefully inspect your silk robes.
Your careful inspection of some soft silk robes allows you to conclude that it is cloth armor that covers the torso, arms, legs, neck, and head.
You determine that you could wear the robes around your chest. The robes appears to serve some purpose.
It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of cloth.

Placeholder for a something clever when I can think of something clever.
Re: Should I be concerned about my robes 05/07/2021 07:33 AM CDT
>I have spent time looking through the player shops and cannot find robes like mine. Should I be concerned? What evil purpose do my robes serve?

What's worrying you?

Coverage? The AsG2 (yours) vs AsG1 (typical player shop robes) difference is supposed to be virtually zero, and all robes are supposed to be becoming AsG2 in a future mechanics upgrade anyway.
Re: Should I be concerned about my robes 05/07/2021 09:16 AM CDT
Both robes and regular cloth "armor" (ASG 2 and 1, respectively) are basically just place-holders for beneficial armor properties (padding, enchants, armor flares, etc), but don't really offer any inherent protection. If you're using a maneuver that looks at whether there's armor covering a specific part of your body (sweep, for example), it would allow whatever flares those robes have to go off while they wouldn't with normal robes... otherwise it makes no difference.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Should I be concerned about my robes 05/07/2021 10:23 AM CDT
I could not find another robe being sold that covered anything other than the torso. Also could not find another with a purpose. I have not noticed a problem. I was just wondering if I am so good as to not even need armor.

Placeholder for a something clever when I can think of something clever.
Re: Should I be concerned about my robes 05/07/2021 11:31 AM CDT
Robes were recently updated to indicate they cover everywhere. They used to cover just the chest. Regular clothing won't allow enhancements, robes do.
Re: Should I be concerned about my robes 05/07/2021 11:48 AM CDT
There's all sorts of things left in the lands from when things operated a bit differently, those robes are prolly one of them. If you like the way they look, get them enchanted and/or take them to the autoflarer when EG rolls around.

I have a pair of boots on my sorcerer that have an unusual INSPECT, are NOT compatible with unarmed combat, and loresing as having a project difficulty of 10.... they don't do anything beyond look good, so I wear them cause I like the way the look. One of these days I'll remember I have then when the autoflarer or the WPS wagon is around to satisfy my curiosity on if padding/flares could be added to them (which would prolly be wasting resources as much as enchanting them would):

>rem boo
You take some thigh-high black leather boots off your feet.
Removing your boots uncovers your rainbow tattoo.
>insp boo
You carefully inspect your black leather boots.

Your careful inspection of some thigh-high black leather boots allows you to conclude that it is not even armor that doesn't protect at all.

You determine that you could wear the boots on your feet. The boots appear to serve some purpose.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of leather.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.