Martial Stance question 07/01/2020 03:20 PM CDT
My little guy was created from Flimbo's guide on GSWiki (thanks again for posting that!), and because it said that Flurry of Blows sucked I naturally just had to take that. (Being the contrarian that I am.)

And I liked it just swell... while facing human-sized HP pools, like the Sheruvian initiates & monks.

Now, though, I'm starting to eye Rolling Krynch more.

The GSWiki description says that it will try to "apply the momentum from an unarmed strike against one foe to your next unarmed strike against a different foe. This has a chance of immediately raising your attack tier against the second foe to that of your attack tier against the first."

So I've got a couple of questions about this:
- Does it work/trigger only when you are in a room with more than one creature, and you attack one and then (possibly "eventually") the other? (Obvious use: open MStrike, or low-RT.)
- Can it trigger three rooms away, when you finally run into "your next unarmed strike against a different foe"? Or in the same room, after waiting out that EWave that kept you distracted for 5-20 seconds?
- If you make actual weapon attacks in between your first target and the different one, do you lose the tiering? (Thinking possibly Ranged/Thrown, like against tree-hanging vipers.)
- We were told the %age chances for Flurry for each of the three tiers; do we have--or can we GET--any idea of the likelihood of this triggering?
- Are the % chance to trigger different for the different UAC attacks? (jab, grapple, punch, kick)
Re: Martial Stance question 07/01/2020 06:23 PM CDT
So I've got a couple of questions about this:
- Does it work/trigger only when you are in a room with more than one creature, and you attack one and then (possibly "eventually") the other? (Obvious use: open MStrike, or low-RT.)
- Can it trigger three rooms away, when you finally run into "your next unarmed strike against a different foe"? Or in the same room, after waiting out that EWave that kept you distracted for 5-20 seconds?
- If you make actual weapon attacks in between your first target and the different one, do you lose the tiering? (Thinking possibly Ranged/Thrown, like against tree-hanging vipers.)
- We were told the %age chances for Flurry for each of the three tiers; do we have--or can we GET--any idea of the likelihood of this triggering?
- Are the % chance to trigger different for the different UAC attacks? (jab, grapple, punch, kick)

Unless its been changed, (there's new messaging about losing momentum which might indicate it has, but also you don't always lose momentum when the messaging says you do), its purely a timer. You have 10s and can do non-UAC stuff and still krynch provided you don't run out of time. I haven't actually used weapons but throwing a feint or 1207 works if you have time.

CMAN HELP KRYNCH tells you the baseline percentages, the MOC and level adjustments aren't known to me.

When at tier 3 on the first target, you have a 15/25/35% chance to maintain tier 3 against the second target, and a 30/40/50% chance to reach tier 2, at ranks 1/2/3. At tier 2, you have a 45/55/65% chance to maintain tier 2 against the second target. These chances are further modified by relative level and training in multi-opponent combat.
Re: Martial Stance question 07/02/2020 07:57 AM CDT
Yeah, it... didn't even occur to me to read the 'help' in-game. Derp. :(

Thanks!

So you have a 45/65/85 percent chance of bypassing the "decent" stage on the other opponent, if you are already at Tier3 on the first? (Sum of chance to maintain Tier3 + chance to get Tier2 if that fails.) Note that I never took an Statistics courses, but that seems pretty straightforward. And that's a pretty appealing treat.

To be clear: if this Stance gives you 'good' [or 'excellent'] against that other opponent for this swing, you are now set at 'good' [or 'excellent'] versus that opponent from here on out, it is not "just for this swing", correct?

And it can pretty much trigger on any UAC attack when you are at a tier above 'decent'? (As long as it's running and you have not lost momentum, there is nothing to activate other than assuming the Stance every four hours.)
Re: Martial Stance question 07/02/2020 03:58 PM CDT
>To be clear: if this Stance gives you 'good' [or 'excellent'] against that other opponent for this swing, you are now set at 'good' [or 'excellent'] versus that opponent from here on out, it is not "just for this swing", correct?

Correct.

>And it can pretty much trigger on any UAC attack when you are at a tier above 'decent'?

Correct. Including Smite.
Re: Martial Stance question 12/16/2020 11:14 PM CST

Just reading up on the boards and saw this.

I have use Flurry exclusively and it is amazing. I debated with Flimbo over this point and there's a good reason the Flimbo character wasn't as "efficient" as the Meureii character.

MSTRIKE jab with Flurry is one of life's beautiful things. As MOC is trained higher and more targets are hit it only adds to the attack.

In warcamps with 5-6 grims I've seen max of a 27 swing attack. One attack, 27 swings, 7 sec rt and the ability to repeatedly MSTRIKE even on cooldown. 1213 with some lores adds to this system for an even more beastly build. Add some stamina regen enhancives over time and now you're talking.

With T5 gloves an added benefit is any health lost (if you're actually ever hit) is instantly restored with the MSTRIKE and ensorc flares.

There is no need to worry about tiering up as the MSTRIKE and Flurry procs will tier up everything in the room. Once in awhile you're left with something that you can play with or just smack with a focused MSTRIKE for fun.

With the 1225 release it becomes even more effective. There is not much outside of invasion level critters that can stand up to it.

I'm always happy to take people out to warcamps or bandit runs as well.

Shoot me a message in game.

~ Meureii's player
Re: Martial Stance question 12/16/2020 11:49 PM CST
Enjoy it while it lasts now that you've drawn attention to it.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Martial Stance question 12/17/2020 08:40 AM CST
Since I was the originator of this thread back in July... THANKS for that feedback, Meureii!

As I said then, I did find Flurry to be silly good against human-sized targets (especially if they had no armor), like the Sheruvian initiates & monks.
(They're pretty much "really good targets" for every fighting style. For spellcasters, they have crap CvA, for weapon swingers they have no armor/receive great damage, and for all styles they have "non-ginormous creature" HP totals. Worlds of difference switching over to them instead of titans/giants on the glacier, for example.)

Against polar bears, mammoths, tigers, ice golems & elementals... back to 400+ HP pools, so "lots of little hits" are less attractive. (Although yes, flares & Ensorcel help a lot.)

When I was still in Flurry, I would frequently do "QStrike Jab (for 1s)/target next", Alt+Enter/Ctrl+Enter. Just cycle your way through the room, and dish out as many as three swings + flares + Ensorcel--in just one second--and then move on to the NEXT (field of three) target(s). Since it was 'jab', the stamina cost for -1s of RT was pretty minimal.

One thing that I did figure out that I want to do with Krynch running: 'target next' a lot. Do a 'jab' against the one that has excellent tier, then quickly shift to the one that you've not yet hit excellent against. Once you ARE at excellent against everything, then yes, go ahead and shift to punch or kick to now take advantage of being there.

And I am still looking forward to have more than one Stance active, when that Ascension ability gets released. Flurry + Krynch? Just SICK, I'm telling you!