Skillset 01/30/2020 09:00 PM CST
This is what my gal has so far at level 13. Any suggestions? And yeah, I know she's pretty blind. I'll squeeze in some perception when I can.

Guinlin (at level 13), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Two Weapon Combat..................| 25 5
Combat Maneuvers...................| 114 28
Brawling...........................| 120 30
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 25 5
Physical Fitness...................| 141 41
Dodging............................| 145 45
Harness Power......................| 35 7
Perception.........................| 20 4
Climbing...........................| 62 13
Swimming...........................| 50 10

Spell Lists
Minor Mental.......................| 7
Training Points: 7 Phy 4 Mnt

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville;
we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Skillset 01/30/2020 10:03 PM CST
Only double your PF for a while - get MoC while you can. UAF multi-strike is a blast.

Doug
Re: Skillset 01/31/2020 08:18 AM CST
TWC should be 0.5x at low level. I'd probably drop back to 1 rank just before level 20, but if you are feeling more flush with training points than DS you can keep it at 0.5x. Its not worth having anything other than 0.5x or 1 rank.

Only keep CM at 2x if you have a clear and obvious use for the CMan points. Slack off on it when you have a target somewhere else (e.g. a spell or MOC breakpoint). Its fine to be 2x now, but as you level the effect of the ranks on UAC becomes trivial compared to the effect CMan ranks have on AS.

MOC may not be worth training much yet. Its much more sensitive to AGIDEX than weapon mstrike is. It can take an awful lot of training to make UAC mstrike effective if you have racial penalties. (It took 90 ranks MOC plus enhanced AGIDEX to make UAC mstrike better than single strikes on my giant warrior and 135 ranks with maximally enhanced AGIDEX to make it shine) 0.5x MOC is worth it for FoF offset, but the point at which more becomes worth it for mstrike is very race dependent.
Re: Skillset 01/31/2020 11:53 AM CST
OK; I'll stick with robes for now then. And yeah, I accidentally went overboard on the TWC, had already dialed it back.

I wasn't getting CMan for the direct effects on MB/UAC; there are some skills I wanted. Like, I now have some ranks in punch mastery and rolling krynch.
Also, the more CMan ranks you have, the better your defense against maneuvers ... although I know that PF is the best way to avoid adverse SMR attack results.

As far as UAC goes .. I am used to using this with my rogue, who ambushes from hiding. This gives an automatic tier-up. Do I really need to start with a jab or two
in order to achieve this same effect? Right now I have been doing fine beating the crud out of things just with punch, but I have only been fighting dinky stuff (level 9-11)
and they don't have much defense.

Lastly, going with robes (which are basically about as tough as your average tee shirt), is it worth while getting any padding on them, or should I just save the points? And if it is, what type of padding? I suspect crit padding on tissue paper isn't all that effective.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville;
we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Skillset 01/31/2020 12:38 PM CST
Remember that your DF and crit divisor are going to be soft/rigid leather (or chain, in the very late game). So padding will be as effective as it would be for <whatever that higher AsG that you seem to be in>.

Again: the ONLY real lacks are the CvA benefit--which equates to you being missing some TD/vulnerable to warding casts--and the effect of lightening the 'real' armor to increase your encumbrance limit (it's a lot easier to benefit from 10% lighter armor that has a base weight of 25 pounds [== 2.5 greater capacity before back to 'normal' encumbrance] than it is with something of a base weight of only 8 pounds [== "less than a pound" of encumbrance benefit]).
Re: Skillset 01/31/2020 03:44 PM CST
This is what I'm looking like at 45th. Seems to be working as Voln Master half elf. I need to get more monk spells of course. Basic x4 gauntlets and boots from the Landing shop and the x4 enchanted robes I snagged from Dara's Landing shop.

xxxxxx (at level 44), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Two Weapon Combat..................| 99 23
Combat Maneuvers...................| 145 45
Brawling...........................| 190 90
Ambush.............................| 120 30
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 145 45
Physical Fitness...................| 190 90
Dodging............................| 190 90
Arcane Symbols.....................| 70 15
Magic Item Use.....................| 70 15
Harness Power......................| 99 23
Mental Mana Control................| 10 2
Spirit Mana Control................| 10 2
Mental Lore - Telepathy............| 70 15
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 70 15
Survival...........................| 70 15
Perception.........................| 145 45
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 70 15
First Aid..........................| 145 45
Trading............................| 70 15

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 3

Spell Lists
Minor Mental.......................| 17
Re: Skillset 01/31/2020 04:17 PM CST
Here's my little No-Society gnome at the same level (he was hot on the trail to get Provoke/1235):

Skill Name | Actual Actual
| Bonus Ranks
Two Weapon Combat..................| 5 1
Combat Maneuvers...................| 188 88
Brawling...........................| 175 75
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 160 60
Physical Fitness...................| 190 90
Dodging............................| 175 75
Arcane Symbols.....................| 90 20
Magic Item Use.....................| 25 5
Harness Power......................| 58 12
Mental Mana Control................| 54 11
Mental Lore - Transference.........| 15 3
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 30 6
Survival...........................| 25 5
Perception.........................| 130 35
Climbing...........................| 50 10
Swimming...........................| 50 10

Spell Lists
Minor Mental.......................| 28

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Surge of Strength surge 3
Burst of Swiftness burst 3
Perfect Self perfectself 5
Evade Mastery emastery 1
Flurry of Blows flurry 3 (mini-MStrike, 2s RT to possibly hit 3)
Grapple Mastery gmastery 1
Punch Mastery punchmastery 1
Kick Mastery kmastery 1

And I gave serious thought to UN-training those 'mastery' ranks just to free up points for other stuff.

Other people malign the Surge and Burst pre-req for Perfect Self, but I find that their durations are just about perfect to run EITHER one and then--when you see the 'wearing off' message--run the other. Keep Mind Over Body/1213 running, and you regain the stamina long before you need to spend it.

Biggest reason I wanted Provoke was to have enough guys being genned to make the Flurry pay off.
Jab, target next, jab, target next, OH my MStrike is ready BLAM (and get all of those Flurried tiers to pay off with the MStrike).
Re: Skillset 02/01/2020 01:33 AM CST

Hehe, darn it, Robert. Making me twitch over the CM skill ranks you have.
Re: Skillset 02/01/2020 09:26 AM CST
>Hehe, darn it, Robert. Making me twitch over the CM skill ranks you have.

You should drop TWC back to 1 rank (or increase dodge to 3x). Dodge probably beats 0.5x TWC by level 20 and its certainly better by the mid 30s.

Put half the points in dodge to keep roughly the same defense and get a CM point or two with the rest.
Re: Skillset 02/01/2020 12:09 PM CST
You should drop TWC back to 1 rank (or increase dodge to 3x). Dodge probably beats 0.5x TWC by level 20 and its certainly better by the mid 30s.
Put half the points in dodge to keep roughly the same defense and get a CM point or two with the rest.
-Rathboner

Really? I've been trying to figure out if giving up those ranks of TWC,which I'm basically x.5 training currently would be worth it. I'm always worrying about DS since I tend to hunt with little to no outside spells. TWC training is a skill that's been bothering me, wondering about the value. I've also been trying to figure out how to finagle x3 dodge.