About those 'Spell Research' ranks... 11/27/2019 08:46 AM CST
...yeah, does anyone else think that they are hella expensive?

I stayed stuck at 20 ranks from about 22nd (I really wanted Premonition) until 38th level, when I decided that I wanted to get up to Provoke... which I finally hit this morning, literally the experience pulse before I made 48th level.

(Sure, I did pick up two more ranks of Flurry, and more MOC to get that "5th creature" hit with, uhh, Flurry. Between those three things, though, I did not train in Brawling nor Dodging, for 7 of those ten levels.)

But MAN it sure seemed like a GRIND to do it. (76p for conversion to get enough Mental per spell.) Even more so than other things seem to be, and I'm including "getting that second spell for a Bard" in that anecdotal observation.
Re: About those 'Spell Research' ranks... 11/27/2019 10:17 AM CST
>But MAN it sure seemed like a GRIND to do it. (76p for conversion to get enough Mental per spell.) Even more so than other things seem to be, and I'm including "getting that second spell for a Bard" in that anecdotal observation.

You should expect your ability to train other stuff to suffer if you decide to train double the design number of spells per level.
Re: About those 'Spell Research' ranks... 11/27/2019 11:01 AM CST
That's what I'm saying: it seemed even worse with the Monk, than with the doubling Bard.
Re: About those 'Spell Research' ranks... 11/27/2019 08:03 PM CST
>the doubling Bard.

That's your problem. You're comparing a square (the monk) with a semi (the bard). Monk's aren't supposed to train nearly as much in spells as bards are.

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair