Request for GM clarification 07/11/2019 10:47 AM CDT
I've got a couple of points that I thought I had figured out, but recent experience makes me want to get clarified for certain. I'm willing to read player answers, but if I can counter with direct experience it will be discounted. If Finros is still available to reveal UAC workings, that'd be great.

In no particular order, then:
- With 'qstrike', is there any difference in stamina cost between using a relative ("-#") modifier that arrives at a particular RT, and an absolute ("#") modifier that specifies a particular RT?
(i.e. "qstrike 1 mstrike grapple monk" which has me in only 1rt versus "qstrike -5 mstrike grapple monk" which happens to reduce my 6rt down by -5s to arrive at only 1s)
I realize that UAC may not be the best example to use, because a longer or shorter attack may be called for on an early tier-up opportunity, which may lead to the absolute modifier being the best choice (always winds up at "1s") BUT also potentially calling for more stamina cost (offsetting two kicks from tiers == +2s longer to mitigate).

- Are the odds of any given UAC attack type being selected for a "vulnerable to" result (+Tier) roughly equal? (That is to say, "no tier, vulnerable to jab, vulnerable to grapple, vulnerable to punch, vulnerable to kick" each at ~20% chance of happening on any give attack. Or similarly, 40% nothing and 4x 15% each for vulnerable to jab/punch/grapple/kick [each attack is still just as likely, but 'no benefit' is the most likely].)
- As a follow-up, do the "5% chance to tier-up" increases from Masteries affect how likely that attack type is to be chosen? Or is that simply those times where I see a 'vulnerable to' on a decent, do the attack, and see it go off at 'exceptional' rather than the expected 'good'?

- Does 'rolling krynch' stance have the opportunity to go off on EVERY swing of an 'mstrike'? (Presumably, more likely with each higher rank.) (I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't, otherwise what would be the point. Just clarifying.)

- Presumably 'rolling krynch' works with any of the attacks (jab, grapple, punch, kick), just giving "now with higher effective Tier" when the attack goes through?
Is this fundamentally the same as the Masteries, described above? (I jabbed at decent/got a vulnerable to grapple/did a grapple and free tier happens at excellent [not the expected good].)
Are they, in fact, identical in how likely they are to happen? If not, which is more likely (Mastery, or Krynch)?
Are they additive (I choose 'punch', PunchMastery gives me [making up a number] 9% chance at Rank3 to get a free +Tier, Krynch gives me [making up a number] 9% chance at Rank3 to get a free +Tier, I have an 18% chance to get a +Tier)?
Or sequential (I have a 9% chance to get a +Tier, and then I have a 9% chance to get a +Tier, and if both succeed I get +2Tier and jump straight from 'decent' to 'exceptional' on that first attack on a fresh, never-before-touched creature)?

- After an 'mstrike' (open, on the room), my target is set to "the last creature I hit with a verb"--if CMan Flurry triggers a free attack on something behind, my target is NOT the creature behind, which technically was 'the last creature I actually hit'--if it survives. (So "I hit my 'grapple\r' macro" hits that creature some more.)
If that creature DIES... what creature is now my target? (i.e. "I hit my 'grapple\r' macro", what gets hit?) The next creature/down the cyle [wrapping around to the top of the room if necessary], or the previous creature/up the cycle [going earlier in the room]? (Or something else, like "always the first"?)
I thought I had figured it out, but some of my results last evening made me question. However, I may not have accounted for a creature that died, so the CMan Flurry free jab carried over (possibly wrapping to top of room) to a different noun than what I was expecting.

- Same question after a single-target 'mstrike' (like "mstrike grapple third monk") that kills it. Up or down the cycle in the room? (Or 'other', like "always first"?)

Given that I am a contrarian by nature, I took Flimbo's Monk Guide analysis of "cman flurry" as a direct challenge, so have chosen not to learn 'rolling krynch'. This leads me to some additional questions, though. (And yes, I am using flaring weighted Ensorcelled UCS gear. Can't afford RotFlares, not for a long time.) Again, given that even with only Rank1 in the stance I was seeing frequent (to include "back-to-back") firings, free attacks add up quite nicely.
Doing 40-60 damage (result + flare, possibly with necrotic benefit to me) to something I didn't even attack, multiple times, and possibly getting +Tier vulnerabilities on top for when I do change targets, is mighty nice. (The difference versus Rolling Krynch is that Flurry comes with free damage, not just Tier possibilities.)

- With 'qstrike -1 jab'--which should take a 2s jab at the front creature and turn it into a 1s attack--if the free second (and at Rank3, possible free third) jabs are fired off do they affect that RT at all? (Since the write-up of on the GSWiki says "freely (no additional RT)" I think it should result in a 1s mini-MStrike, but the in-game "cman help flurry" says nothing about RT. Clarification appreciated.)
How about stamina cost? (Since the RT ought not be affected, the stamina cost ought not, either.)

So far I only have the first two ranks, but some notable results last night were things like "four creatures in the room, two freebies given and both conferred +Tier" (my max open-mstrike right now is only 4 creatures, but I'm 5 ranks away from adding the 5th).

* Putting all of the above questions together leads to the "qstrike -3 mstrike jab\r" phenomenon, with the possibility of the third creature down getting potentially tagged twice before I even get to it in the MStrike itself. (Jab on #1 gives free on #2 and free on #3; assuming free#2 was NOT a +Tier result then the Jab on #2 gives free on #3; assuming the free#3 was NOT a +Tier result then the Jab on #3 finally happens, and presumably has a chance to cycle around and get a free on #2 and free on #3.)
If any of the freebies DO result in a +Tier result, as long as it is the next creature then the normal mechanics of 'mstrike' should apply: you now have a +Tier, so you use that against that creature.

Again, GM clarification that I've summed everything correctly would be appreciated.

Interestingly, CMan Flurry makes it more desirable to generate "vulnerable to jab" results--so that freebies down the line have a chance to benefit from the +Tier, AND so that when it's that creatures turn in the MStrike the attack used is itself a Jab to free up more freebies down the line--so depending on answers to the questions higher up the page, it might be worth me NOT training in the Masteries to avoid making the more powerful attacks' +Tier vulnerabilities likely to happen.
Re: Request for GM clarification 11/27/2019 08:58 AM CST
"* Putting all of the above questions together leads to the "qstrike -3 mstrike jab\r" phenomenon, with the possibility of the third creature down getting potentially tagged twice before I even get to it in the MStrike itself. (Jab on #1 gives free on #2 and free on #3; assuming free#2 was NOT a +Tier result then the Jab on #2 gives free on #3; assuming the free#3 was NOT a +Tier result then the Jab on #3 finally happens, and presumably has a chance to cycle around and get a free on #2 and free on #3.)" -- Me

Actually, I think I mathed this out wrong when doing an "mstrike jab": if creatures #1 & #2 are 'fresh' (first 'jab' against that particular target in this MStrike, with 'decent' positioning), then #3 could have potentially been tagged FOUR (4) times before I even get down to it:
#1 gets the free 'jab' to start (no tier result), Flurry goes off bang against #2 & #3.
#1 gets hit by the 'jab' specified for MStrike, & Flurry goes off bang against #2 & #3.
#2 gets the free 'jab' to start (no tier result), Flurry goes off bang against #3.
#2 gets hit by the 'jab' specified for MStrike, & Flurry goes off bang against #3.
#3 finally gets around to being in the barrel, and--if also 'fresh'--gets the free starter 'jab' before getting 'jab'bed by the MStrike command, OR possibly benefits from the most recently given tier from the above.

But of those ten--shown, could potentially be +2 more if Flurry's second attack got triggered on lines 3 & 4--jabs, only TWO count for generating RT in the MStrike, and every single one of them can benefit from weighting & generate flares & trigger Ensorcel. (And trigger Vial flares or RotFlares, god help me if I ever get enough scrip to add that.)

Obviously, a room where you already have some tier results gets a LOT less scroll-y looking.