Spring Spectacular: Automatic Imprinting! 04/25/2019 08:18 AM CDT
Hi everybody!

Today we've added automation to imprinting! As of now, when a transfer effect expires the empath will automatically attempt an imprint on the player they were healing at no spirit cost. The IMPRINT verb can still be used as before if desired.

Have a great day!

~ Konacon
Re: Spring Spectacular: Automatic Imprinting! 04/25/2019 08:56 AM CDT
To be honest, I'm not sure this gets close to the meaning of the adjective "spectacular"...
Re: Spring Spectacular: Automatic Imprinting! 04/25/2019 08:59 AM CDT
My feelings tho... :(

~ Konacon
Re: Spring Spectacular: Automatic Imprinting! 04/25/2019 09:12 AM CDT
*Hands Konacon a Certificate of Participation award*

No joking, appreciate the attempt to add stuff (and no nerf). Just wish this was a bit more worthwhile.
Re: Spring Spectacular: Automatic Imprinting! 04/25/2019 09:18 AM CDT
It's worth reminding people of the IMPRINT CALL verb- it'll send a message to the last 20 empaths that healed you, now, saying you need healing. They can then 1140 and remotely heal three of your wounds.

~Licel
Re: Spring Spectacular: Automatic Imprinting! 04/25/2019 09:50 AM CDT
Imprint is a vastly underrated ability, and this seems really cool.

Does the automatic imprint function the same as using the imprint ability; is there a chance of failure? Do the limits of max active imprints still apply?

https://gswiki.play.net/Avawren
Re: Spring Spectacular: Automatic Imprinting! 04/25/2019 02:56 PM CDT
To be honest, I still don't understand this at all. I've never used 1140.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."

[Roll result: -2112 (open d100: 82)]
A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: Spring Spectacular: Automatic Imprinting! 04/25/2019 03:13 PM CDT
> Does the automatic imprint function the same as using the imprint ability; is there a chance of failure? Do the limits of max active imprints still apply?

Yes. It functions the same. Same chance of success and failure, same cooldown, etc. The only difference is that there's no spirit cost to it and it's automatic.

~ Konacon
Re: Spring Spectacular: Automatic Imprinting! 04/26/2019 02:21 PM CDT
I like imprinting and I like this change, it's good to use it more often.

> To be honest, I still don't understand this at all. I've never used 1140.

Occasionally we get "help I'm about to die" messages but the situation is very niche because you'd use it if:
(1) the person in trouble remembers to send a message, and not over the crystal amulet because that takes RT
(2) the target location is not foggable so you can't go in personally
(3) you have enough Transference lore to reach them

and even then the message probably only comes if they're bound or RT-locked for a while so a few transfers won't necessarily save them.

(Random idea: allow remote-cast Sympathy through the Solace link.)
Re: Spring Spectacular: Automatic Imprinting! 05/03/2019 05:09 PM CDT
Some more updates to go along with this:

Solace (1140) will now overwrite another empath's imprint. Along those lines, casting 1140 on a player that you already have imprinted will add charges to the imprint you currently have on them.

IMPRINT CHECK will now show how many charges and how much time left each imprint has.

~ Konacon