1101 Hunting QoL for Low Level Pure Empaths 02/06/2019 06:12 AM CST
Would it be possible to look at 1101 and possibly allow a mana infusion or a costlier version to make the spell a bit more viable as a hunting spell?

I'm leveling my second empath and I've gone the uber UAC route from 1 to 17 so far and will be switching over to pure at level 20. 1106 is still a bit expensive for regular use at level 20 and a pure empath doesn't have much else to fall back on except 1700 and 1101.

Now 1101 is fine for what it does at 1 mana. I'm not advocating for increasing the damage of a 1 mana spell.

I would however, like to advocate for the spell to have a stronger mana infusion or costlier alternate version that costs 2 - 3 mana. To me, its a QoL improvement for early empath pure hunting because of how much longer it takes to plink foes down with 1101. I'd like a stronger & costlier version of this spell to be as effective as bane 302 against living.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

Whick's body sways back and forth for a bit.
* Whick drops dead at your feet!

Re: 1101 Hunting QoL for Low Level Pure Empaths 02/06/2019 10:12 PM CST
> I would however, like to advocate for the spell to have a stronger mana infusion or costlier alternate version that costs 2 - 3 mana

That'd be very handy for any empath looking to fulfill skinning bounties, since 1106 and 1115 wreak havoc on pelts.
Re: 1101 Hunting QoL for Low Level Pure Empaths 02/21/2019 12:15 PM CST
I was stubborn for RP reasons and did pure from level 0, and the lack of a decent damaging spell with under 6 mana cost made the journey feel unnecessarily brutal. It was easily late 20s before I felt like I could finish a hunt without burning through several wands, or falling back on 1700. Compared to my cleric, who just cruises through with 302 like a maniac, it's a stark difference.

Being able to infuse 1101 up to a 3 or 4 mana version would be amazing at lower levels, and I'd totally use it even now in the mid-levels for skins. Naamit is right, most of our spells just destroy body parts willy nilly. Could be a huge QoL change for young empaths.

https://gswiki.play.net/Avawren