Training convert help level 50 empath? 10/21/2018 08:11 PM CDT
Hi I am currently this training at level 50 Empath, wanting to switch to warpath. But I like my skinning and trading.
4 Armor Ranks
4 CM Ranks
3x First Aid Ranks
2x Physical Fitness
2x Trading Ranks
2x Spells
1x AS
1x MIU
1x Harness Power (at level)
1x SMC
1x MMC
1x Transformation Lore
1x Perception
0.5x Swimming/Climbing Ranks

Want to switch to sword/board, but really would like to keep my Trading and still be reasonable at skinning, able to cast if really needed. Iwas thinking of something along this:

3x First Aid (Should drop to 2x?)
2x Trading
2x PF
2x Spells
1x Edged Weapons
1x Shield Use
1x Harness Power (at level)
1x Perception
1x Lore (leaning towards Transformation for healing RT)
0.5x AS
0.5x MIU
24 Ranks SMC
24 Ranks MMC

Im unsure how much I should be investing in CM/Armor Use at this level (though points are much tigher as mutant), any help would be appreciated :)
Re: Training convert help level 50 empath? 10/21/2018 10:17 PM CDT
<Want to switch to sword/board, but really would like to keep my Trading and still be reasonable at skinning, able to cast if really needed. Iwas thinking of something along this:>

Sword and board empaths really should be devoting their TPs towards physical skills and keeping their chosen disabling spells effective. If you primarily group hunt, the plan you propose will prolly be ok, but if you solo most of the time, you'll prolly need to sacrifice trading at least to get heavier armor and some cman ranks.

<Im unsure how much I should be investing in CM/Armor Use at this level (though points are much tigher as mutant), any help would be appreciated>

I'd say enough armor use to get into brig immediately with the minimum casting penalty (35 ranks), though you might want to move into some form of chain eventually if you can stand a higher spell hindrance. After that, whatever you can put towards CM will help with your AS... though you might want to get summoning lore instead for 110/118 if you're going to be using those as disablers/crowd control spells.

<1x Lore (leaning towards Transformation for healing RT)>

The extra use of REGENERATE will also be helpful...

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Training convert help level 50 empath? 10/21/2018 11:38 PM CDT

Are we talking 1x CMAN? Because even dropping Trading completely and bringing First Aid down to 2x, I'm still coming up short, even before investing in any Armor Use.
Re: Training convert help level 50 empath? 10/22/2018 12:03 AM CDT
<Are we talking 1x CMAN?>

Ha! If you can manage that without major sacrifices elsewhere, you'll become a legend of GS, I'm sure. Def not 1x until well post cap, I was just talking about putting any extra points you had there after getting everything else you need. Prolly be .25x or less til your in your 70s or 80s... but when you can only 1x in your weapon skill, every extra point of AS counts.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Training convert help level 50 empath? 10/22/2018 01:22 PM CDT
Are you the empath who won the Coraesine last night in Prime? :D If so congrats,awesome to see it will actually be used :)
Re: Training convert help level 50 empath? 10/22/2018 03:06 PM CDT
Every time I train Shield Use with any character, I've ended up untraining it even when I continue using a shield, just because the return on TPs isn't there in my eyes. If I remember right, it takes 3 ranks of Shield Use to get 1 DS in offensive, so at level 50 with 1x you'd get 17 DS at a cost of 663 PTPs.

I'd rather just buy a higher enchant shield and get DS that way, or pay people for outside spells (and that's if you're not in a town where you can get them for free), especially since you're trained to make money from skinning and Trading ranks. Or get the DS from scrolls or magic items since you're training AS and MIU anyway.

In any case I think CM ranks are more important than DS, since maneuvers are generally more dangerous than AS attacks. My warpath didn't get to 1x until post-cap, but was able to hang in there with 0.6-0.7x throughout her life.

I'm a big fan of Trading ranks, but it's a system where every 12 bonus from Trading + Influence combined = 1% better sale prices. So once you're past 1x costs, you're paying 72 MTPs (12 ranks) for every 1% and it's really prohibitive.

Usually if people like Trading or are thinking about it, I say to rush to 40-48 ranks and find the nearest multiple of 12 for the combined Trading/Influence bonus, since the first 44 Trading ranks (144 bonus) would give +12% prices even if you had 0 Influence bonus. Afterward the diminishing returns are very real, so I typically get to 1x pretty shortly after cap, then save 2x for fairly far post-cap.

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: Training convert help level 50 empath? 10/22/2018 05:21 PM CDT
Thanks everyone for the thoughts, used my fixskills already, so for now I'm sticking with the Shield Use, didnt get as much CM as I'd like, and didnt want to lose those Trading ranks, alls well that ends well I suppose, I plan to invest back in Trading and get more CM once I finish with Armor Use.
Re: Training convert help level 50 empath? 10/22/2018 05:23 PM CDT

Also, no I am not the empath that won the Coraesine, sorry!
Re: Training convert help level 50 empath? 10/26/2018 05:15 PM CDT
A slightly different take on the Warpath concept. I grabbed 30 ranks of MOC primarily to offset DS reduction due to FoF, but
this also allows me a focused MStrike if the occasion warrants it. 200 ranks of FA is decent for skinning; I couldn't care less about trading.
I'm a bit low on total spell ranks/CS, but that's what I am working on now.

303 ranks of PF give me a ton of stamina that I can use for CMans and MStrike; unfortunately, it is not possible to get redux if you are
more than 2X in spells. Oh well. I'm in fairly decent Brigandine armor; 6x with HCP.

>skill
Guennhafyr (at level 100), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 90 20
Combat Maneuvers...................| 201 101
Two-Handed Weapons.................| 204 104
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 120 30
Physical Fitness...................| 403 303
Arcane Symbols.....................| 120 30
Magic Item Use.....................| 151 51
Harness Power......................| 200 100
Spirit Mana Control................| 120 30
Perception.........................| 140 40
Climbing...........................| 150 50
Swimming...........................| 170 70
First Aid..........................| 300 200

Spell Lists
Major Spiritual....................| 61

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 61

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 123
Training Points: 6 Phy 26 Mnt

If you want to omit MOC training, you can pump those TPs into other things ... like spells, for example. If I fixskilled all that MoC away,
I'd have 600 PTPs and 300 MTPs to go crazy with. But its cool to go with a group and have them gawk when I MStrike 3 critters.