ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/22/2017 11:25 AM CST
On the seventh day of ESN, empaths one and all gathered together to say goodbye to a beloved friend, Cry For Help... To make way for a new friend, Rapid Healing!

Rapid Healing lasts for 60 seconds, and has a 30 minute cooldown. While the spell is up:
- The base RT of all healing spells is halved from 10/20/30/40 to 5/10/15/20. Note that this is done before empath ranks or transformation lore are taken into account, which would mean that a level 100 empath with no ranks in transformation lore would have no healing RT while under the effects of this spell.
- Chance to heal an underlying scar when healing a minor wound (Through cast or 1125) is increased by 25%, even if you normally have no chance to heal the underlying scar due to not enough blessings lore.

Mental Lore, Transformation provides a chance to heal a rank 2 or 3 wound fully with the same chance as Spiritual Lore, Blessings normally has to heal an underlying scar.
- Example: An empath with 54 ranks of ML:Transformation and 0 ranks of SL:Blessings healing a rank 2 limb wound would have a 22% chance to heal that wound down to a rank 0, and if that happened, a separate 25% chance to also remove the underlying scar.

Questions, thoughts, concerns? Let me know!

PS: Due to holidays, this is going to be the last day of ESN until Monday... Which is terrible because I am super excited about the next release!

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/22/2017 11:36 AM CST
Sounds fantastic! I look forward to using this and seeing it in action. Happy almost Turkey Day, hope everyone has a great family weekend.

~Amanda, player of Treeva
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/22/2017 12:24 PM CST
Awesome. Love the change, although a bit melancholy that I can no longer make fun of 1116.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."

[Roll result: -2112 (open d100: 82)]
A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/22/2017 12:25 PM CST
This looks great!

Dagwyn/Ylandra
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/22/2017 12:31 PM CST
This is awesome. Great change.
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/22/2017 02:31 PM CST
Nifty addition to the healing toolkit, thanks!

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/22/2017 02:56 PM CST
https://tinyurl.com/yb9dawn5

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/22/2017 09:23 PM CST

But I like Cry For Help. How am I going to call my cleric buddies when I see a deader now. Can't we like make this 1121 or something and just be an addition to our arsenal?
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/24/2017 07:47 PM CST
<<But I like Cry For Help. How am I going to call my cleric buddies when I see a deader now. Can't we like make this 1121 or something and just be an addition to our arsenal?>>

I'm really hoping that Cry For Help becomes a secondary side of Locate Person (116), just like Light/Dark are two sides of the same spell, and like Heal/Harm are two sides of the same spell...

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
~Officer, Ardenai Temple Knights
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/24/2017 08:54 PM CST
So this seems worthless on a scroll. Anyone who is not an empath is not going to scroll cast away to heal otherwise and an Empath does not need it. Maybe take it out of the scroll randomizer or make it reduce HERB RT too. I have a heroism scroll with 2 of these on it also so I guess the scroll has good chargeability but I feel jipped...not that the old spell was any good either, but yeah.
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/25/2017 07:55 AM CST
This is pretty nice. Cry for Help was such a useless spell...
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/28/2017 09:15 AM CST
Does this appear in spell active?

I found a magic item which might be 1116 judging by the requirements to activate it, but nothing showed up in spell active and no messaging associated with rapid healing has been posted yet.

You tap a fine sterling silver torc that you are wearing.
1d100: 66 + Modifiers: 87 == 153

In a sudden burst of frenzy, you begin moving faster than you ever thought possible!
You feel terribly drained!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

You feel your strength return.
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/28/2017 09:58 AM CST
RATHBONER
I found a magic item which might be 1116 judging by the requirements to activate it, but nothing showed up in spell active and no messaging associated with rapid healing has been posted yet.
You tap a fine sterling silver torc that you are wearing.
1d100: 66 + Modifiers: 87 == 153
In a sudden burst of frenzy, you begin moving faster than you ever thought possible!
You feel terribly drained!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

That's V'tull's Fury (1718).

GameMaster Estild
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/28/2017 10:09 AM CST
That looks more like bronze square/V'Tull's Fury/1718 effect, but it's been long enough since I used one that I don't recall the messaging.
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/28/2017 02:57 PM CST
<<But I like Cry For Help. How am I going to call my cleric buddies when I see a deader now. Can't we like make this 1121 or something and just be an addition to our arsenal?>>

<<I'm really hoping that Cry For Help becomes a secondary side of Locate Person (116), just like Light/Dark are two sides of the same spell, and like Heal/Harm are two sides of the same spell...>>

Seconded.

It'd be nice to EVOKE 116 to instead show folks where you are, thus merging Cry for Help 1116 with 116. :)
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/29/2017 01:59 AM CST
I finally had enough scars to want to use this (healing wounds as Cerridween is already at a base RT of 1 sec with 3 seconds cast RT so this is really for scar healing or if I want to trigger the increase auto-scar healing chance on wound healing)

For 60 seconds, I can drain my mana pool healing my scars as if I were a much higher level empath. HOLY SNAZZBERRIES. I felt like I was channeling Crux or Dirvy. When I first returned and saw how quickly capped empaths heal down scars I was blown away. So this makes me feel pretty cool once every 30 minutes. The only thing stopping me is my mana pool!

Any chance we can get a LORE added to this spell that reduces the cost of healing spells temporarily? No? Too much? Well can't blame me for at least asking. :)
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 11/29/2017 09:02 AM CST
<For 60 seconds, I can drain my mana pool healing my scars as if I were a much higher level empath. HOLY SNAZZBERRIES.>

I agree... when I first read the description for the spell I was underwhelmed, but after trying it out I gotta say I love it. Now we just need the old 820 back somewhere on the list and I'll never want anything else for my empath... sept for maybe the old 819.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 12/27/2017 08:51 PM CST
why get rid of cry for help, why not just make rapid healing 1121 or some other number you have all those vacant number why not use them?

Ketiosin
Re: ESN: Rapid Healing (1116)! 12/27/2017 09:52 PM CST
<why get rid of cry for help, why not just make rapid healing 1121 or some other number you have all those vacant number why not use them?>

Cry for Help was a good idea when it was a concept and empaths were lagging behind every other profession when it came to combat. However, the way it was implemented and the vast improvements made to the combat ability of empaths ment it was never really good for anything other then being an RP prop or a way for those that don't use Lich to get the attention of someone when they need help with a body (bloody lazy folk never rubbing their amulets).

Really, it was a targeted version of Symbol of Need that couldn't be used while dead, and lets be honest... the only time most empaths even thought about this spell was when they weren't in Voln and laying in the wilds dead wishing they could cast it. I wouldn't be against Cry for Help returning as an innate ability similar to what SACRIFICE is to sorcerers if we could use it while stunned, but it doesn't need to be taking up a spell slot.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.