ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 12:35 PM CST
On the fifth day of ESN, the messaging for transferring wounds was updated! To go along with this change, custom messaging options for TRANSFER have been added.

To celebrate this change, two raffles have been set up in Prime and Platinum in the Wehnimer's Landing empath guild. The first raffle will have three winners who will each be able to choose from one of the six premade customization options, and the second raffle's winner will be worked with to get a completely unique customized set of TRANSFER messaging.

The list of premade customization options can be found at: https://gswiki.play.net/TRANSFER_(verb)

Questions, thoughts, concerns? Let me know!

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 01:02 PM CST

thank you thank you thank you for putting this directly on the wiki. It's exactly the type of contribution I've been asking for.
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 01:40 PM CST
Score. I look forward to seeing future customization distribution and how various and sundry empaths choose to express how they personally heal. So many nifty ways to go about it. This is an awesome update. :D Thank you!

--
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 02:05 PM CST
Probably my favorite update so far - but I'm having a very hard time choosing a style option! One of everything, please.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 02:11 PM CST
Thailmore here.

I love the idea of having custom messaging, and the fact that Empaths are getting new things!

I do have a complaint from the new messaging, however...

We've always done the "meditate over and transfer" thing, which doesn't imply being touchy.

Now, all of a sudden, every empath in the land is all touchy feely, whether we want to be or not.
Kind of like "Oh? You're injured? Let me stick my fingers in your wound"

I'm not complaining of the change, in fact I LOVE the idea, and am drooling over the "blood magic" style of the premade customs, but I don't like that with the 'default' messaging, we've forced everyone to suddenly become touchy. As someone stated earlier ingame, "Buff male warrior comes in wounded, male empath 'lightly touches his skin', headless empath..."

Feels like the default is removing an RP choice from empaths. Someone else pointed out that all the premade custom messaging doesn't 'force' touching in the messaging, but the default does.

I don't want to come off as preachy, but i've heard enough empaths complaining about it, that I figured I should post it here to make sure the general feelings are known.

TL:DR
We love the new messaging options, but don't like being forced to suddenly be "Lightly brushing people's skin" when we were just "meditating over" people previously
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 02:47 PM CST
> TL:DR: We love the new messaging options, but don't like being forced to suddenly be "Lightly brushing people's skin" when we were just "meditating over" people previously.

x10. I love the new messaging options, but I do not appreciate being forced to use this new standard. Call me overly sensitive if you like.
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 02:49 PM CST
I ditto everything Thailmore said. It isn't overstating to say I HATE the touch messaging. This as far as I know is a role playing game. This touching everyone by every empath takes away the choice of both patient and empath. Some people do NOT like to be touched. Not all empaths want to Touch everyone they heal. I don't lightly touch people. I may bounce against them but I do not caress strangers. A Light touch upon a stranger's skin who comes into town square and asks for healing is not generic enough. TO meditate over someone can be neutral. Lightly touching someone's skin is not neutral it is a caress. See the Warrior Scenario Thailmore expressed.

Role playing is about choices a character makes throughout it's lifetime in Gemstone. Our characters grow and layer as time goes by. A brand new empath should be forced to caress people nor should an established empath who wouldn't in a million years go around caressing strangers.

Please give us a toggle to turn off the default. That way those whose nature is to touch and caress strangers or friends can do so and the rest of us can mediate over our patients without caressing their skin.

p.s.

This is my first time since GEnie days I have grumbled about a change even when I didn't like some. But I feel VERY strongly about this. Please don't leave this RP disaster as it is.
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 03:09 PM CST
I get the twitch factor of having it explicitly called out that you're touching your patient in the new standard messaging. I'm not a touchy feely type either. That said, I feel compelled to point out the logic of demeanor that blocks empaths from healing you if they cannot touch you (demeanor reserved or cold). It's not explicit and brought to mind with every transfer, but it's probably pretty safe to assume that all this time that healers have been meditating over you, they've been touching you. Quietly. (And you did not catch teh ghey.)

Not injecting myself into this particular argument, just noting a long-standing mechanic.

Hopefully the many new options we've been presented with will be readily available in short order, much like other spell preps and customizations.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 03:22 PM CST
Hi everybody!

Having read feedback from a fair number of players at this point, I've decided to swap the standard messaging with what was previously the "Custom Style: Concentration." So now the previously new standard messaging is called "Custom Style: Light Touch" and the new standard messaging doesn't involve touching your patients.

I've also updated the messaging for TRANSFER so that it will only show the "Initial Transfer" messaging when the transfer effect is not present. This should allow for a better flow to healing while also helping it be less spammy!

Let me know what you think!

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 03:24 PM CST

Thank you for fixing the Lightly Brushing!

You focus on Tenebreux and narrow your concentration, reaching out to him with your mind.

Happy dance!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 03:33 PM CST
Good swap.

---
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 04:42 PM CST
Thank you for changing this, Konacon. Greatly appreciated!
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 06:44 PM CST
Konacon,
This change is exactly what I was asking for! My qualm was never with touching a patient during healing, but with the forced "lightly brushing" that was kinda the opposite of how most of us rp the healing process.

The change to make the messaging only show on the initial contact is perfect!

I have no complaints left, unless I dont win the raffle, but that's not a system complaint. That's just me whining. Heh
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/20/2017 10:05 PM CST
Okay so I really hate this update, a lot. Can we have it so we can set the old default messaging if we choice I feel that was very neutral, this new messaging almost feel like forced roleplay choice.
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/21/2017 12:50 AM CST
>go gate
You approach the gates and identify yourself to the guard. The guard checks over a long scroll of names and says, "I'm sorry, the Guild is open to invitees only. Please do return at a later date when we will be open to the public."

Are the raffles only open to those already in the guild?
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/21/2017 07:09 AM CST
Given that I imagine there are about nine total empaths, across all game instances, who have ever visited the Empath Guild prior to this it would be great to open the gates to all empaths to permit them to access this auction.
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/21/2017 07:10 AM CST
I said auction and meant raffle!
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/21/2017 08:10 AM CST
>Are the raffles only open to those already in the guild?

My empath with a lapsed guild membership can get in so I think it's open to all over level 15.
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/21/2017 08:32 AM CST
>> Are the raffles only open to those already in the guild?
> My empath with a lapsed guild membership can get in so I think it's open to all over level 15.

This is correct. It should be open to all invitees, which should mean anyone level 15+.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/22/2017 08:58 AM CST
When will raffle drawings occur and do we have to be present in game to be eligible?
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/22/2017 10:28 AM CST
> When will raffle drawings occur and do we have to be present in game to be eligible?

The raffle drawings are occurring Saturday at around noon central time if I remember correctly. The winners of the premade custom options will need to be present, but the winner of the fully customized option will not.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Messaging! 11/22/2017 10:36 AM CST
> When will raffle drawings occur and do we have to be present in game to be eligible?

>The winners of the premade custom options will need to be present, but the winner of the fully customized option will not.

you need to be logged into the game somewhere to win a standard raffle