ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 10:01 AM CST
On the fourth day of ESN, empaths gained the ability to share some of their learning with their patients through the bond temporarily shared between them by the act of healing. When empaths are awarded their experience from healing, the patient will also be awarded 20% percent of that amount as Long Term Experience up to a maximum of 250 LTE per day. For those curious, the goal of this update is to encourage players to seek out healers over the alternatives when possible.

Questions, concerns, joy, anger? Feel free to share!

Enjoy!

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 10:08 AM CST
My only concern is pocket empaths. Beyond that love the idea to give bonuses to interactive while not forcing it
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 11:30 AM CST
Wow!!!

One question - will this require an empathic link, or is the effect automatic?

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 11:33 AM CST
>My only concern is pocket empaths. Beyond that love the idea to give bonuses to interactive while not forcing it

I would think the LTE cap of 250 per day would help to mitigate that. And if someone is maxing that out via a pocket empath, I don't see that as a huge concern necessarily.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 11:34 AM CST
I'm assuming this is the thing that was teased yesterday that the transfer effect was needed for, my first impression is to have mixed feelings about it.

On one hand, it's great to have something to encourage folk to seek out healers and make town healing a more reliable way to earn EXP.

On the other hand, I can see some obnoxious twit coming in right as I'm trying log out for the night/track down a merchant/etc and demand I mess around with linking to them and waiting for them to get their exp... but at least I won't have to mess around with orbs the way clerics do. My girl would have to live like Otis Campbell if that was the case...

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 11:36 AM CST
It's a pretty good idea, and now the transfer effect makes more sense. It's not a lot, but it might be enough that it makes players weigh their options. I wonder if a similar sort of thing could be used to encourage other PC services.
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 11:38 AM CST
> One question - will this require an empathic link, or is the effect automatic?

This is just automatic from transferring. Nothing special required.

> I'm assuming this is the thing that was teased yesterday that the transfer effect was needed for, my first impression is to have mixed feelings about it.

It is not.

> On the other hand, I can see some obnoxious twit coming in right as I'm trying log out for the night/track down a merchant/etc and demand I mess around with linking to them and waiting for them to get their exp...

I am not sure I understand what you're saying here. If you heal people, they will get LTE. There's nothing more complicated to it.

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 12:17 PM CST
What if the patient is dead at the time of healing?
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 12:18 PM CST
As a long-time primarily healing Empath, all I can say is..

WOOOOOOOWWWW...

Pretty neat.

~Traiva's Muse
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 12:23 PM CST
<I am not sure I understand what you're saying here. If you heal people, they will get LTE. There's nothing more complicated to it.>

I saw the following from the original post and (apparently incorrectly) read it to mean the empath had to LINK to the patient in order for them to get the EXP: "through the bond temporarily shared between them by the act of healing."

Nothing more to see here, carry on.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 12:31 PM CST
> What if the patient is dead at the time of healing?

This shouldn't stop the patient from getting the LTE. :)

> As a long-time primarily healing Empath, all I can say is..
> WOOOOOOOWWWW...

Thanks!

~ Konacon
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 12:34 PM CST

This is a good idea. I don't play any empaths, but my warrior gets messed up a lot and this is probably just enough to cause me to take a little extra time to find a healer instead of eating herbs.
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 12:42 PM CST
Something I've always thought would be a good idea. Great addition. Do the same for lock picking and raising please.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 12:53 PM CST
Just another example how GS keeps getting better. Thanks for listening to the community and thinking of creative ways to improve the game.
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 12:59 PM CST
Thumbs up. I dig small, innocuous, and no-hoops-jumped incentives for seeing a player for a service. Not a massive thing to miss out on if you absolutely must be self sufficient/can't find an empath, but a nice bonus if you do the community thing.

Also, FYI, I'm really enjoying the shiny new announcement every day format. Good presentation. Looking forward to seeing what else unfolds. :D

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 01:15 PM CST
Wow! This is a great addition. Thank you, Konacon and team!
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/18/2017 04:04 PM CST
Small, but amazing. Thanks so much for all the awesome ESN stuff so far, Konacon, and definitely looking forward to the rest of what's coming for ESN!

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
~Officer, Ardenai Temple Knights
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/19/2017 04:18 PM CST

Bravo!

:D

Askip
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/20/2017 09:54 AM CST
Really like this. Great change.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."

[Roll result: -2112 (open d100: 82)]
A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: ESN: Rewards for patients! 11/20/2017 02:12 PM CST
Fun idea. Seems well-implemented.