pure gems 10/12/2022 07:48 PM CDT
Hi, this might be a stupid question, but is there somewhere that pure gems are sold? or are they just created?

thanks
Re: pure gems 10/13/2022 05:00 AM CDT
Some characters sell pure or 'orb' gems in their shops, I believe. For example, I see Regwen has a few orb gems in the North Room of the bard Bazaar.

Doug
Re: pure gems 10/13/2022 08:35 AM CDT
Every "tiny pearl" is an orb. Many "star sapphires" are. You could also check the back table of the gem shops: I frequently see diamonds & emeralds in the Landing, which may or may not be orbs (but would tend to be more likely, given their base value).

Most high(-er) level Bards have orb gems "just happen" to them, as a side effect of trying to get more silver out of selling them off.
Re: pure gems 10/13/2022 08:39 AM CDT
Pure gems also occur naturally. A small percentage of the gems you find in the wild will be pure. I believe any gem can be naturally pure, and, according to the Wiki, all "tiny" pearls are naturally pure.
Re: pure gems 10/13/2022 12:24 PM CDT
All facts, but given the location of the question - I'm not sure naturally occurring orb gems (besides diamonds / emeralds) would be of sufficient value in all cases. Great amplification! But it does have caveats in select cases.

Doug