I guess it had to happen some day... 10/05/2022 10:02 AM CDT
...but I have finally brought Krakii up to the 50th level mark, after the 2003 changeover to "GSIV" dropped her down from 56th.
(She had been pretty regularly making about +1 level per year since the 1997 changeover to the web, so she wound up right back down at 49th after the change. <snort>)

Heh. I are amused.
Re: I guess it had to happen some day... 10/09/2022 01:00 PM CDT
Re: I guess it had to happen some day... 10/10/2022 08:54 AM CDT
Well-spoken as always, Jim... :)
Re: I guess it had to happen some day... 10/10/2022 11:04 AM CDT

lol. Not sure what happened there. I copy/pasted your comment about Krakii finally hitting 50th, congratulating you about it. Then I mentioned that last month (September) that Greyslayer after hit 50th as well after 30 years to the month. I started him at the end of September 1992. I said that I felt like I had to since Aurien actually had hit 100th a bit ago as well. heh.

Also Celtar is now over 40th, the dwarf is pushing 50th, the monk is 51st and my sorcerer has been 67th for over ten years. I need to get back to playing him again also the wizard is mid 40s. Mostly I play Celtar, the monk or the dwarf/paladin these days. I parked the Greyslayer as soon as I hit 50th since rogues bore me to tears these days.
Re: I guess it had to happen some day... 10/10/2022 11:39 AM CDT
:)

Mostly, I couldn't resist tweaking your tail. <chortle>

Hey, and "congrats!" to Aurien! I was just thinking about him recently, when I was reminiscing to my brother about the Halfling Fighter with a greatsword thinking to get dragged out to the forest to hunt hobgoblins, and thinking again to get dragged back into town after his hunt was over.
(That still cracks me up!)

I figure he, and you, and... maybe Johanna (from the earlier Warrick familymember) are likely the only ones around who might actually remember the episode itself, rather than just hear-say like I've got.

My Thief turned 48th the day I did, and is now around 62(-ish?) just from picking boxes from everyone else.
Agreed: hide/ambush neck is only about half as boring (due to "twice as many commands") as "incant disruption\r" on the Bard.

Wizard & Sorcerer & Ranger & Cleric are what I want to be working on, just from a "do my own darn Services, thank you very much" point of view, but I also find that I mostly just no longer have the patience to stay logged in for hours on end like I did in my twenties. :(