So. Ascension? 08/12/2021 10:20 AM CDT
What're Bardic folks using your Ascension points on?
- Obviously boosting AURa (for CS with Disrupt).
- Rounding out not-100 stats (I put one into AGIlity, simply because I had a 97... this way I get that +24, instead of being stuck at only +23).
- Five (single-cost) into Manipulation, to untrain actual ranks--down to 70 (== 75 with Ascension, for Disrupt/1030)--to shift over to Telepathy (for longer Medley duration overall, and Tonis specifically).
- Four (single-cost) into Air, to untrain actual ranks--down to 70 (== 75 with Ascension, for Tonis/1035)--to shift over to Water (for that third "Moistening" [+10 mana/pulse] from Mana Focus/418). (So, "pay 18 mana now, to re-coup 30 mana [10 each over the next 3 pulses] == 60% RoI.")
- Mana Recovery (because "+1" here == "+7" to Max Mana OR "+10" to Mana Control).
- Stamina Recovery (because "+1" here == "plus a bunch" of Max Stamina points).

Eventually, sure, I'd like to get all of the first five (single-cost) +STATs added in, "just because" (STR/CON for encumbrance [CON also for stamina], AGI/DEX for CMans and Dodging, WIS/DIS for the other two Realms' warding [and DIS with LOG for experience stuffs], INF for medley duration/paying less mana per hour/more likely to Lullaby/1005 undead or demons), but that's in the sense of "pie in the sky bye & bye." No real urgency to it.

What are other people concentrating on?
Re: So. Ascension? 08/12/2021 12:03 PM CDT
I'm ignoring Ascension until I catch up on all the extra training needed after the changes to spells, maneuvers, whatever it was at the beginning of the year.

So, ask me at 3x capped, maybe? :)

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: So. Ascension? 08/12/2021 12:34 PM CDT
Interesting viewpoint.

I already have the, "Well, I advance slowly because I don't play much..." viewpoint, so I went ahead and set Ascension to 50%. So it looks slow... but then again, it's actually "just as fast" as me picking up those regular PTP/MTP for rounding out skills. <shrug> NET--including Ascension--I seem to have already passed cap-and-a-half (11.358M), but I'm still 1.1M away from 'actual' (PTP/MTP) experience of cap-and-a-half.
But those 33 Ascension points are kind of handy... :)
Re: So. Ascension? 08/13/2021 09:40 PM CDT

Putting ascension points into influence to increase success rate with 1005.
Re: So. Ascension? 08/14/2021 03:27 PM CDT
* Get 5 or more ranks of ResistImpact if you plan on running sonic armor
* Once sufficient Ascension points are accumulated, fixskill actual ML:Manip ranks from 75 to to 73. Then backfill with 5 Ascension ranks of ML:Manip to hit the 78th rank cusp on 1004
* Set actual ML:Telepathy ranks to 28. Add as much Ascension ML:Telepathy as you can reasonably justify

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: So. Ascension? 08/14/2021 04:11 PM CDT
>> * Get 5 or more ranks of ResistImpact if you plan on running sonic armor

I didn't ask the original question but am curious as to the reason for why you would do this?

-- Robert

>> A mongrel kobold points at you and yells, "Mine! Chasin!"
Re: So. Ascension? 08/14/2021 06:24 PM CDT
Sonic Armor has some elemental bennies, but is vulnerable to Impact.
Re: So. Ascension? 08/15/2021 05:39 PM CDT

I got a rank or two of air lore so I could eblade imflass without needing to wear enhancive items. I got 5 ranks of strength and 5 ranks of physical fitness so that I could learn the ascension skill "porter". I got some discipline ranks so it would be an even 100, then started on picking and disarming ranks so I can eventually open all my own plinites and SoS boxes.

Archales
Re: So. Ascension? 08/15/2021 11:22 PM CDT

"Sonic Armor has some elemental bennies, but is vulnerable to Impact."

Seems like a great idea!
Re: So. Ascension? 08/16/2021 10:14 AM CDT
>> * Get 5 or more ranks of ResistImpact if you plan on running sonic armor ~Naamit
>I didn't ask the original question but am curious as to the reason for why you would do this? ~PEREGRINEFALCON

As another person mentioned, sonic armor is very impact susceptible so ASC ResistImpact helps. It has extremely powerful elemental resists, and training for those individually costs more ASC points than the aforementioned. It also has encumbrance/weight reduction benefits: https://gswiki.play.net/Sonic_Armor_(1014)

Sonic armor isn't for everyone. Me personally, I love the stuff. I swear by it, and it's all I use on my bard.

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: So. Ascension? 08/27/2021 08:50 AM CDT
"* Get 5 or more ranks of ResistImpact if you plan on running sonic armor" -- Naamit

Sonic Armor is obviously a good reason to get Impact resistance.

CMan Headbutt--pretty much the bane of my spellcasting experience in Reim--appears to do Crush damage, so resistance there seems like a good choice.

And--see also my vituperative rants on "102 or 103 end results from spellcasting"--Unbalance resistance would be an easy sell, as well.

I see a long road ahead of me, soaking up Ascension points....