You feel a bit thirsty. 04/04/2021 05:43 PM CDT
My young bard started receiving this message over and over and over this afternoon. I was informed that I needed to drink some water in order to clear this condition. When the looming bard review comes around, whenever that might be, I'd like to request that proper ales (and similar) be allowed to address this issue.

Water indeed!

-- Robert

>> A mongrel kobold points at you and yells, "Mine! Chasin!"
Re: You feel a bit thirsty. 04/04/2021 09:18 PM CDT
Whiskey does not in fact soothe the tissues in the throat. Try it some time. Okay, that's enough of a test. No, seriously, stop. Enough!
At least have the courtesy to share....
Re: You feel a bit thirsty. 04/04/2021 10:23 PM CDT
>>Whiskey does not in fact soothe the tissues in the throat. Try it some time. Okay, that's enough of a test. No, seriously, stop. Enough! At least have the courtesy to share....

Don't make me put beverage in your beverage! ;)

Cheers,
Dely
Re: You feel a bit thirsty. 04/06/2021 09:58 AM CDT
This sounds like a problem with how the drink item you selected was created. I've used tea, juice, milk, ales, hard liqours and more just fine.

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: You feel a bit thirsty. 04/06/2021 11:11 AM CDT
It may just be that I was misinformed. I was told that I had to use clear water from a few specific sources. I will do some additional testing as the opportunity arises!

-- Robert

Re: You feel a bit thirsty. 04/06/2021 12:09 PM CDT
About the only time I see this is when I get the partial fail on Travel Song/1020: you still get to town, but you may or may not have any mana & your throat is dry.

If you do NOT get a (proper) drink, I believe I have died from this. Eventually.

Generally speaking, I carry around some clear water from the bakery--for what, 57 silvers? Worth it to prevent issues...--and just keep it in my first aid kit (where all the herbs & crap are).
Re: You feel a bit thirsty. 04/06/2021 04:36 PM CDT
>> About the only time I see this is when I get the partial fail on Travel Song/1020: you still get to town, but you may or may not have any mana & your throat is dry.

This is the culprit that started this thread. :-)

-- Robert

Re: You feel a bit thirsty. 04/06/2021 06:37 PM CDT
Oh, I see the start, but you did not actually say when/why; just that you had a bunch of them that afternoon.
Re: You feel a bit thirsty. 04/06/2021 06:39 PM CDT
(Unless of course, this is the ONLY song that can possibly result in the message. Since I don't use Rage or Noise or Banshee's Wail, I cannot speak to those.)