Updates to Sonic Shield Song, Sonic Weapon Song, Sonic Armor and Singing Sword Song 02/16/2021 07:25 PM CST
Greetings Bards!

Earlier today, we released updates to Sonic Shield Song (1009), Sonic Weapon Song (1012), Sonic Armor (1014), and Singing Sword Song (1025). These are mostly behind-the-scenes changes with some quality of life updates. In a nutshell:

- You can now choose what to summon in the same line as INCANT. For example, "incant 1012 handaxe" or "incant 1012 custom". (Note that this won't work if you type the full spell name with INCANT.)
- These spells will now remember the last thing they summoned if you INCANT, CAST, or SING them without any argument. "incant 1014 15" once and you'll always summon augmented chain with "incant 1014".
- Sonic Weapons no longer need a 'template' item for you to summon some rarer weapon names. You can now summon a sonic doloire, sarissa, katzbalger, paiscush, sabiet, or any of 290 available sonic weapons and don't need to carry a sample of those weapons on you. If you didn't know this was even a thing, don't worry -- neither did I until I delved into this.

These changes will take effect the next time you choose what to summon with these spells. Until then, they'll be set to use the same 'default' logic they used to have (your sonic alteration if you have one, otherwise a medium shield, sonic falchion, AsG 6 armor, or animated broadsword).
Re: Updates to Sonic Shield Song, Sonic Weapon Song, Sonic Armor and Singing Sword Song 02/16/2021 09:31 PM CST
This is so delightful and handy. Thank you Yusri!

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: Updates to Sonic Shield Song, Sonic Weapon Song, Sonic Armor and Singing Sword Song 02/17/2021 08:54 AM CST
All of these sound really great!

However, as someone who frequently made mock of people who would type "518" (and kill everyone in town square) rather than "419" (trying to give them protections), because there was a huge difference between "conelight" and "massguard"...
...let me just encourage everyone to continue supporting the mnemonics, and NOT just the numeric stuffs.
Re: Updates to Sonic Shield Song, Sonic Weapon Song, Sonic Armor and Singing Sword Song 02/17/2021 09:00 AM CST
The mnemonics are still supported.

INCANT and PREP will let you type the full spell name ("incant Sonic Weapon Song") in addition to the mnemonic ("incant sonicweapon"). The former won't work with the changes ("incant Sonic Weapon Song broadsword"), but the latter does just fine. You can still type "incant Sonic Weapon Song" to use whatever your default is, or "prep Sonic Weapon Song; sing broadsword".
Re: Updates to Sonic Shield Song, Sonic Weapon Song, Sonic Armor and Singing Sword Song 02/17/2021 11:26 AM CST
"...in addition to the mnemonic ("incant sonicweapon"). The former won't work with the changes ("incant Sonic Weapon Song broadsword"), but the latter does just fine." -- Yusri

It was the only example you did not spell [heh] out in your writeup, but just to confirm:
"incant sonicweapon sarissa" or
"incant sonicarmor 19"
should both work?

(Because that is exactly how I would issue commands.)
Re: Updates to Sonic Shield Song, Sonic Weapon Song, Sonic Armor and Singing Sword Song 02/17/2021 01:38 PM CST
Correct!
Re: Updates to Sonic Shield Song, Sonic Weapon Song, Sonic Armor and Singing Sword Song 02/18/2021 05:57 PM CST
I wanted to chime in and say thank you so much for the change, it's been a really nice quality of life improvement! I think I actually whined about this very thing on the Bard survey, so I'm extra pumped to see it. Thanks again!

- Stupes