Troubled Waters 05/09/2020 08:40 AM CDT

When you ask the sailor about the task, he mentions destroying the ship and saving the prisoners - but he does not give an idea of how many krolvin he wants dead. That said:

I just finished a run and obtained 80% of the blackscrip for it (120 instead of 150). I rescued four out of a possible four prisoners. I killed 33 out of a possible 33 krolvin. I destroyed every living thing on the ship before razing it. It was razed. And then I still failed to reach some unmentioned quota. I normally wouldn't complain about this, but that 30 blackscrip would've caused me to have to use another orb in order to obtain my desired prize wall item and so I assisted. I was compensated the 30 scrip and it was requested I post here that perhaps the "killcount" needs to be brought up somewhere along in the quest so as to not mislead anyone. I know it's not intentional obviously, but in this case it proved to be problematic.

The issue was resolved, but only for this incident since the Gamehost was unable to check into the requirements for the quest. I don't want it to happen again, obviously. Can we please update the sailor's "ask about task" to include how many krolvin he'd like to litter the waters with before watching the boat burn?
Re: Troubled Waters 05/11/2020 02:21 PM CDT
Hey there, I believe I saw something about this somewhere. I believe I read that the time spent in here was low, less than 30 minutes to achieve these results. This quest is designed to take up to 2 hours.

Unfortunately the "Formula" for min-maxing scrip is more than just, "Kill X". There is no threshold for, "You get max if you kill X!" There are a number of factors included. I recently doubled the amount you gain from killing and removed penalties for dying. The original "design" for this quest was not intended to max scrip every run and we've already made adjustments to help make it easier.

The base is: Kill a bunch of Krolvin, rescue people, and then raze.

I appreciate the feedback.

Retser, SGM
Re: Troubled Waters 05/12/2020 03:40 PM CDT
>> The original "design" for this quest was not intended to max scrip every run and we've already made adjustments to help make it easier.

My wife and I used to run this a lot prior to the adjustments and pretty much got max script every run. Our approach was:
1) Rescue the people as quickly as possible
2) Continue killing and looting krolvin, piling loot onto our escape boat / recovering on the escape boat as needed.
3) Spend the last ten minutes sifting through the loot and loading up on the "best stuff" since you can only keep what you can carry off the escape boat.
4) Raze the ship.
5) Win!

If you are trying to maximize bs for time spent the above won't help much though you can likely figure out a minimum number to kill / minimum time to spend with some experimentation. If you're looking to have fun with the quest and maximize your bs for each 2 hour run, the above approach works just fine.

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.