Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: December Runs 12/15/2014 02:38 PM CST
I don't mind festivals. I adamantly refuse to attend these wallet sucking mini quests.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: December Runs 12/15/2014 05:54 PM CST

>>I don't mind festivals. I adamantly refuse to attend these wallet sucking mini quests.<<

How... particular.

-E
Re: December Runs 12/15/2014 06:42 PM CST
>>I don't mind festivals. I adamantly refuse to attend these wallet sucking mini quests.

Uh.... what's the difference? No one's going to force you to go -- they're all entirely optional.

"Never could I breathe love if I did not first learn to inhale a little bit of chaos."
- Christopher Poindexter
Re: December Runs 12/15/2014 11:17 PM CST

Not completely true, it does use Spirit Summoning, I believe. However, it has minimal effect. You can still fail a capture, though usually it will allow you to try again. You can have a "major" fail, and while the talisman remains intact, the blood must be repoured, which can cause problems for low MIU characters
Re: December Runs 12/16/2014 09:22 AM CST
>>I don't mind festivals. I adamantly refuse to attend these wallet sucking mini quests.<<
How... particular.
-E

A festival typically runs a full week and can keep me entertained for a large portion of that time for a price tag that usually hovers around $50. This particular mini quest is $15 for 2 hours. On top of that I can typically come away from a festival with something worthwhile. The only way to do that with this mini quest is to run it multiple times because of the way the reward system is structured. Festivals are simply much more entertainment value per dollar and typically better rewards as well. A GS Mini quest is like a cheap carnival game while a Festival is somewhere between a weekend getaway and a cruise. The problem is I can only play 3 cheap carnival games for the cost of a cruise and I don't see that math ever making sense to me.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Re: December Runs 12/16/2014 09:39 AM CST

>This particular mini quest is $15 for 2 hours

actually, the regular price is $9.99, cheaper than a movie.
Re: December Runs 12/16/2014 10:09 AM CST
Actually it's $2 more than an adult ticket at my local theater. That said I do not feel the currently offered mini quests provide the entertainment value of a good movie. We can continue this discussion but I've thoroughly considered the value of the current crop of mini quests to me and you will not convince me any of them are worth the price of admission.

- I beta tested Night at the Academy in Plat and found the experience rather dull and certainly not one I would ever pay for.
- Blackswan was fun the first time we tested it. I did pay for it but only after all the puzzles were figured out because I wasn't going to pay and not get the prize I wanted, which was the only reason it was worth putting extra money into.
- Nothing has convinced me that this latest hack and slash event is any better and I dislike the prize structure.
- I don't believe the Albatross has much to offer Plat as the services it offers are not hard to come by there.
- The Spire would be worthwhile if I was more into enhancives. I would love to get the opportunity to explore the tower but I'm not paying for it when I don't need the services.

Hey wait Keith, there's a mini quest missing on your list. Yeah I did a whole lot of DMC because it was amazing silver and a decent item every run. With a chance for more if you won.

None of the current mini quests sell me on the rewards they offer and no mini quest offered thus far has convinced me the experience was worth the price of admission. I'm not trying to be mean here, they're just not worth it to me. While I consider the Scrip reward system a cheap carny trick I understand the reasons behind using it. The bottom line is these mini events need to either provide better rewards for the money ala DMC, which was a monty haul nightmare or they have to provide a more captivating experience and honestly probably last longer than 2 hours. Then again if you start providing that kind of paid storyline, I'm going to refuse to participate on the grounds that you've essentially tried to sell us what should be part of our base subscription anyways. So there's no pleasing me here.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Re: December Runs 12/16/2014 10:48 AM CST

$17 for IMAX 3D here.

I'm not really trying to convince you to go or like it, I just thought a fact in your justification was wrong (the price).
Re: December Runs 12/16/2014 05:13 PM CST
>>$17 for IMAX 3D here.

Sheesh. Remind me to go to all movies before I go.. wherever that is!

~GM Liia
Team 3P ASGM, Paid Events Guru

Elanthia's derpiest rolton bleats anxiously!
Speaking to Elanthia's derpiest rolton, you say, "Oh, shut it."
Re: December Runs 12/16/2014 05:21 PM CST
Did we ever figure out what was going on with the spirit beasts? I want my mermaid, please!

>>So go on, carve into your own heart. I could use a new scar or a brand new start. Slowly severing the only memories that bind us as one.
Re: December Runs 12/16/2014 05:29 PM CST

>Sheesh. Remind me to go to all movies before I go.. wherever that is!

The theaters are really nice. it's cheaper if you go to shows before noon

>Did we ever figure out what was going on with the spirit beasts? I want my mermaid, please!

does she have a shell bra bola attack? Please tell me she has a shell bra bola attack
Re: December Runs 12/16/2014 05:53 PM CST
<<does she have a shell bra bola attack? Please tell me she has a shell bra bola attack>>

All creatures will now have that attack.

SGM Sleken
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 10:47 AM CST
>> Re: Spirit Beasts

So we nailed down the issue. GM Auchand is in the process of some major updates to the system, and due to that, you're failing to find the new ones. But in order to fix the issue, the new updates need to come through. And because of the response to how these are being delivered, we're going to change it up.

Everyone who has purchased a ticket in December will have access to a few potions that are attuned to you. These potions will transform a Spirit Beast you've already found to one of the Troubled Waters ones. Please note, you will lose ANY customizations (alters) you may have achieved, but you'll keep stats and skills. The way it will work is if you have a common spirit beast, the potion will convert it to a common one from the Troubled Water list.

Due to this, we'll need some time to get this rolled out and working properly, because things are tied up with some AMAZING updates. But anyone who buys a ticket will get these potions and take the stress off of actually capturing one during the run. This also gives you some time to maybe try to capture a rare/legendary one to convert over!

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 10:54 AM CST
Does this include the Platinum run on the 28th?

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 11:14 AM CST

>Everyone who has purchased a ticket in December will have access to a few potions that are attuned to you. These potions will transform a Spirit Beast you've already found to one of the Troubled Waters ones. Please note, you will lose ANY customizations (alters) you may have achieved, but you'll keep stats and skills. The way it will work is if you have a common spirit beast, the potion will convert it to a common one from the Troubled Water list.

well, that only gives me one, I prepared very well to get six, I spent quite a bit of time preparing for that, and we had plenty of time left on the run to get them, do I get six potions?
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 01:05 PM CST
>> <Wyrom's update on spirit beasts.>

Does this apply for private runs that are scheduled in December as well?

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 01:09 PM CST
>well, that only gives me one, I prepared very well to get six, I spent quite a bit of time preparing for that, and we had plenty of time left on the run to get them, do I get six potions?

Just to throw this out there, the only way that a rare or uncommon Spirit Beast could have been captured during Troubled Waters would be if you had a max-level uncommon talisman and a max-level common talisman prepped and ready to go in time for Troubled Waters. I've been watching the leveling reports and I haven't yet seen any battles with uncommon creatures, so that seems unlikely!

This solution will guarantee that you have access to your Troubled Waters beasts when your talisman's ready for them, and I think it's a much better option than just adding another common beast to people's collections.

That said, Wyrom's post doesn't state that you'll only receive one potion, but that you'll have access to 'a few'. It was our intent that people who attended will have access to the common, uncommon, and rare spirit beasts associated with the quest, not just a choice of one.

Auchand

"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see."
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 01:11 PM CST
>Does this include the Platinum run on the 28th?

It likely will. Spirit Beasts 2.0 is currently awaiting a quality control check, but it includes six new scripts. It's a big project.

We've talked it over and I believe these potions are the optimal way to award people unique spirit beasts going forward. I hope the delay hasn't caused too many problems!

Auchand

"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see."
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 01:14 PM CST

>Just to throw this out there, the only way that a rare or uncommon Spirit Beast could have been captured during Troubled Waters would be if you had a max-level uncommon talisman and a max-level common talisman prepped and ready to go in time for Troubled Waters. I've been watching the leveling reports and I haven't yet seen any battles with uncommon creatures, so that seems unlikely!

my intention was to get 6 "common" beasts. That should not have been a problem.
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 05:25 PM CST
Yes, every run in December will get a few potions (for each run). Those that may have had more ready will have exceptions for the number of potions. As of right now I don't see too many people having even tried to capture.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 05:38 PM CST

>Yes, every run in December will get a few potions (for each run). Those that may have had more ready will have exceptions for the number of potions.

thank you

>As of right now I don't see too many people having even tried to capture.

:( it's the systems like this that have nothing to do with gaining experience that I think make the game so great.
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 05:40 PM CST
Awesome. From my perspective this is a more desirable incentive over what was originally announced and a good solution to the issues that came up for earlier runs.

-- Robert

Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 05:45 PM CST
Huh... even though I have Zero interest in Spirit Beasts at present, I usually like to keep my options open. I might sign up for one just to get some of these potions in case I ever decide to crack into the field.

I assume there'll be no time limit on using them? Also, will the beasts become normal capture once the kinks are worked out (on the quest) or will these potions become soul source?
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 06:07 PM CST
Do we need to put an assist in for the runs we've already done?

>>So go on, carve into your own heart. I could use a new scar or a brand new start. Slowly severing the only memories that bind us as one.
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 10:34 PM CST
>>Do we need to put an assist in for the runs we've already done?

No. Once the system updates are live, one of us will hunt you down like cattle and force these potions on you.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 10:41 PM CST
>> No. Once the system updates are live, one of us will hunt you down like cattle and force these potions on you.

Or... you could use this an an opportunity to roll out the new player mail system and deliver the potions that way!

-- Robert

Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 12/18/2014 11:28 PM CST
>>Please note, you will lose ANY customizations (alters) you may have achieved, but you'll keep stats and skills.<<

We'll keep the stats and skills of the original talisman? Or do the TW beasts have their own starting stats?
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 01/20/2015 12:43 PM CST

I'm waiting patiently, but also really eager to see the spirit beast system changes, so hurry up! :P
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 02/04/2015 04:14 PM CST
Id also wanted to ask when the next runs were planned out?
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 02/05/2015 09:25 PM CST
You can request a run at any time, just e-mail quests@simutronics.com.
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 02/24/2015 12:45 PM CST

>No. Once the system updates are live, one of us will hunt you down like cattle and force these potions on you.

two month check up
Re: December Runs [Spirit Beasts] 02/24/2015 07:14 PM CST
>>two month check up

Yes, this.

>>I might be down, but I'm not dead. There's better days still up ahead. Even after all I've seen, there's hope in front of me.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page