Too late to give it a shot? 11/05/2014 02:52 PM CST
So, I have a Forty train wizard and these quests sound like they could be a lot of fun, but I do need to know, am I too young to bother? Also, have these runs been going on so long that the people who go approach it a bit mechanically?

The reason I ask is coming from other games, such as WOW, when you start doing dungeon runs (which I equate these to) the players who've already done them dozens of times tend to do them on full auto, and it's really easy to feel very left out. Often you're just trying to figure out which way you're supposed to go and they're already halfway to the first boss (if not further). Do the regulars on these sorts of things pace better when there's a newer person? I can understand that desire to want to kill as much as possible (since it is paid entry).

In short, just kind of curious. It sounds neat, but I know that trying it and having a bad experience would likely be worse than not trying it at all (at least for me), in part because the entry fee might feel wasted.
Re: Too late to give it a shot? 11/05/2014 03:02 PM CST

>The reason I ask is coming from other games, such as WOW, when you start doing dungeon runs (which I equate these to) the players who've already done them dozens of times tend to do them on full auto, and it's really easy to feel very left out. Often you're just trying to figure out which way you're supposed to go and they're already halfway to the first boss (if not further). Do the regulars on these sorts of things pace better when there's a newer person? I can understand that desire to want to kill as much as possible (since it is paid entry).

you are absolutely right to be worried about this because it will likely happen to you. one thing you can do is find a group of people around your level who haven't gone yet and arrange a private run.
Re: Too late to give it a shot? 11/05/2014 03:07 PM CST
>> you are absolutely right to be worried about this because it will likely happen to you. one thing you can do is find a group of people around your level who haven't gone yet and arrange a private run.

In happy coincidence (seriously.. it was kinda freaky) my brother and a few other friends actually pinged me around the same idea. What would we do in regards to a private run (if there's a link or something to info, I'd gladly take it).

Thanks again
Re: Too late to give it a shot? 11/05/2014 03:15 PM CST
>In happy coincidence (seriously.. it was kinda freaky) my brother and a few other friends actually pinged me around the same idea. What would we do in regards to a private run (if there's a link or something to info, I'd gladly take it).

that's great

quests@simutronics.com
Re: Too late to give it a shot? 11/05/2014 04:30 PM CST
Specify that you'd like a private run in your email and they'll set you up with a password to use on the Box Office page.

Also, the date/time you choose cannot be within 5 hours of any other previously setup public or private runs.