Prev_page Previous 1
Good times 04/18/2015 12:16 AM CDT
Thank you to all the GMs who put in the time to make the Spitfire both an enjoyable, memorable, and service-filled event. I hope the staff enjoyed themselves as well.

I especially enjoyed the wheel with Farain and Vermin (and I guess Roxe too).

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 12:27 AM CDT
I had a blast, and yes... I would also very much like to thank all the hard-working GMs for their time, dedication, and copious amounts of creativity.

I came, I saw, I got a cool flask from a neat quest, bought bunches of fun gadgets and toys, won some work (and a tattoo) that I totes adore -- good times. The NPCs (some fun familiar faces, and some excellent new ones) were immensely fun, easy-going, and a blast to work/hang out with. I couldn't have had a better time, really!

Three cheers for you all!

>>PS. Come back again, Vermin, o kindred spirit!

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 12:49 AM CDT
great job all, my bank is tremendously injured ..... but had a awesome time, thank you.

Thuunder
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 12:51 AM CDT
Great free event. On par with the annual premie fest

so did anyone hit the 10 service limit?
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 01:06 AM CDT

I play in Plat, so I'm sure my experience was vastly different than in Prime.

I would, however, like to say I absolutely loved this event. I know many times there were merchants that came to do GALD or siegery services and seemed starved for attention. Please don't assume we don't appreciate you, we just have a lot smaller player base and many of us struggle to find something to alter. I know a few of us (Like Vyrsh and I) will often buy something just to provide work for you, haha. There were a lot of fun RP merchants, and some general quirkiness that made it that much more fun.

While I'm not sure I could name all of them, even if I tried, but to name a few that I probably spent the most time with.

Farain and his SALE! SALE! SALE! as well as his Wheel of Walk the Plank! I mean... Wheel of Chance.

Stilka and her minis, even if we did discover they got borked somehow. I still blame Nishima. (Love the minis)

Zefrina the Pirate, because she was as silly as I was.

Gizwizit the Great, one of my long time favorites from my very first event.

Phrolo and Sanster for Conquest Wheel (even if you did let us down with a lack Dragon Bones. haha. Kinda teasing, I know that requires a decent sized crowd to make the game more fun and we sort of lack that)

Estinielle (I hope I spelled that right,) Imie, and Thris for all working in Thris's shop (Plus for Thris for giving all Plat Wizards able to cast 920 a perm. familiar talisman)

That's all I can think of at the moment, if I missed you, it wasn't intentional, it's just that I'm still recovering from a lack of sleep.
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 01:23 AM CDT
Talryssa is just mad because Sauli threw a "water balloon" at her. She's told him many times "NO BURNING PUPPIES" in the Landing and he was just being a good citizen and putting out a fire, that he didn't start--obviously--to help her. But alas, the balloon of water missed and hit her in the face. Not his fault!

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 01:34 AM CDT

Haha, once I found out about those, I went and bought like 20 or 30 of them. WARE OUR NEXT MEET, SAULI! WARE!
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 01:34 AM CDT

>I know many times there were merchants that came to do GALD or siegery services and seemed starved for attention. Please don't assume we don't appreciate you, we just have a lot smaller player base and many of us struggle to find something to alter.

I want to second this. When the event started, I had 3 or 4 items I wanted altered. I completed those and ran out of ideas. I feel bad that some merchants did not have work to do, but I honestly could not think of anything else to get done. :(

If you did not have enough people to work for, please don't think it's because we were not interested in your wares!
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 01:56 AM CDT
I made it to 6 (and 7).

Yes a free, fun week of festival is good anytime!
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 06:40 AM CDT
>so did anyone hit the 10 service limit?

People started to hit it on Wednesday, and ended up with about 30 accounts at the service cap.

I was originally championing for the limit to be 5, which people started to hit Saturday and about 1/3 of accounts who received services at the Spitfire hit or exceeded.

~Vanah
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 06:50 AM CDT
I had an absolute blast, and just want to take a moment to thank the GMs for all of their hard work in working on the shops before the event, and putting up with demanding players during the events. I realize while you're in the trenches, it's relatively thankless of comparing the players' designs to guidelines, getting approvals where necessary, making all of the changes to the item properties in the backend, and trying to be somewhat interactive with the players while they're ALL whispering you NONSTOP, expecting IMMEDIATE replies.

But, I think this event was a great success. I loved the fact that you guys did small F2P merchants as well for all of those potentially returning veterans or just newbies that may not truly know the value of an alteration. The new services were fun and inventive.

All in all, a wonderfully planned and executed event, and I know it's a relatively thankless job to take care of all of us, but thank you! It was a lot of fun!

~Whirlin
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 07:58 AM CDT
There needed to be a merchant after the first weekend that offered to do services to the highest bidder on services spent. "I will work for anyone wanting to spend 5 services, do I have any takers?". This would add strategy to the event, help the people with few or little time get a service they really want.

Tarakan
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 12:46 PM CDT
I like that idea Tarakan. I spent 4 services myself, and I would have been glad to spend multiples to get something else special.
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 12:54 PM CDT

>People started to hit it on Wednesday, and ended up with about 30 accounts at the service cap.

>I was originally championing for the limit to be 5, which people started to hit Saturday and about 1/3 of accounts who received services at the Spitfire hit or exceeded.

>~Vanah

At first I was a little leary about a 10 service limit, I'm a firm believer in the idea that the amount of services you get should be directly proportional from how much time you put into an event, but I kept an open mind going into this. And honestly, I can't really complain... I think 10 services per account was fair all things considered and I still managed to get done the things I really needed to. My only real criticisms are that I passed up on unlocking some items I thought were really cool because I didn't want to waste one of my 10 slots on a simple unlock (but that's the choice you have to make with a limit) and certain merchants not showing up until the last night when you're already at your limit because you assumed they wouldn't show up. These are really minor things and I'm not going to cry over them because I really enjoyed this festival and I think everyone did an amazing job of being easy to work with, fun and available.

That being said, I would really be disappointed to see these kinds of limits placed on pay events like Ebon's Gate.

(Bristenn takes a hold of Riend by the arm and swings her in, pulling her into an armored embrace. And, without further ado, he kisses Riend like he means it. Deffo means it.)
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 03:27 PM CDT
I had fun, I drowned twice!
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 08:37 PM CDT

>People started to hit it on Wednesday, and ended up with about 30 accounts at the service cap.

>That being said, I would really be disappointed to see these kinds of limits placed on pay events like Ebon's Gate.

I was around all but two days for the duration of this festival, and I still only managed to hit 4 services. I don't have a problem with limits; however, when one person has 5 accounts and brings every alt they have (and rarely play) to these events, managing to get 10 services apiece, it's really disappointing for those of us who are unable to obtain that on their main character. Limits have a purpose, and I think they're a good thing. I just wish these players would be a little more mindful of the rest of the community.

As for pay fests, I'm on the fence. You pay a dollar amount to attend that specific event, so each account should have their fair share. Services are a large part of what you're paying for, imo.

All of that said, I still had a lot of fun. I enjoy these things for their social potential as much as everything else.
Re: Good times 04/18/2015 11:22 PM CDT
I just managed to hit the 10-service mark less than an hour before everything closed down, and I spent a lot of time on the Spitfire thanks to a light work week for me and a heavy one for my husband. I was fortunate enough to run into Crumblybeard twice and Estinelle three times, so that was half my allotted service amount. (Sanster, Toebeard, Farain, Tott and Flem did the rest of my work, and they were all fantastic -- loved my first experience with the Conquest Wheel!) I have only one account, so ten services was a good fit for me on a week when I could devote a lot of time to the game; if I'd had my usual work schedule, or if my husband hadn't been putting in extra hours at his job, I probably wouldn't have reached the limit. On the other hand, I was very aware of that limit and did decide to skip some services I didn't feel as passionate about.

I do know a lot of people saw merchants or entered raffles with multiple accounts, so the "10 services per account" thing didn't really matter much to them as they could pass the same item back and forth between accounts at will to get what they wanted done. At least one merchant worked on the same item two or three times as it changed hands from account to account. I'm not passing any judgment on whether this should or shouldn't happen, but it's something to keep in mind with service limitations in the future -- they could have the effect of punishing single-account players while not really affecting the multi-account players' experience of the event, particularly if the limits are set low. For me, 10 services was great, but toward the end, I chose not to enter some raffles or get work done because I wanted to save space for a kitten win (hah, as if!).

That's a decision multi-accounters don't have to make, and it's something to keep in mind for future service limits. Of course, this was also a free event, so people could more easily bring the whole "family" as they might not do for pay events like EG.

Enough about that -- on to the thanks! I had a wonderful time with all of it, but for me, some of the highlights were:

- Learning to play that Conquest Wheel game with the help of some whispered advice from other players and some encouragement from Sanster, who stuck around to do a little lightening and deepening for the small late-night crowd
-Crumblybeard, who was just tireless in altering items to the utmost with some of the loveliest designs I've seen. Just above and beyond in every possible way!
- Farain's Wheel of Torture and the fun of watching it all even when I wasn't picked
- Estinelle's fabulous merchandise and willingness to work long hours. The corsets and laces are ingenious, and I'd love to see an expanded line with gowns and sandals and anything else that laces!
- Phrolo's very cool bags. I didn't get a chance to work with Phrolo, but I did enjoy RPing with him the night before his shop opened. I also bought some great off-the-rack stuff
- The adorable pirate girl whose name begins with a D (and which I have forgotten because I caught a case of the dumbs and didn't log) who wanted a kitten as much as Lylia did -- and took action to make it happen
- Fisthave's search for a husband. Or wife. Or I'm not really sure, but she was very into finding a life partner.
- The wonderful wizard familiar alterations. I don't play a wizard and have no use for those services, but it made so many people so very happy, and I enjoy seeing all the unusual familiars and companion animals roaming around.
- The quality of a lot of the off-the-rack stuff. Estinelle's corsets were gorgeous and fun even without alterations, and so were Phrolo's containers. And of course, everyone loves climate-wear.
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 12:05 AM CDT
Also a Plat player, I (and almost everyone on the Plat side I talked to) loved this festival! The quest was a lot of fun, and a GREAT prize for it. Farain was around a lot and had a great game with that wheel, Bobbler called me back and I ended up with an unlocked telescope I was very happy to have, Estinelle's and Imie's work and RP in Thris' workshop were a blast, and Thris herself made my wizard very very happy with his timber wolf talisman. And then Sanster and Phrolo hosted a grand night of fun at the conquest wheel while letting me take their money!

Hard to imagine how things could have gone better, much thanks to all the GMs involved in putting this on.

--Hal
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 01:38 AM CDT
>PS. Come back again, Vermin, o kindred spirit!

Careful. I will eat your eyes.

Auchand/Vermin

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 03:05 AM CDT
>>Fisthave's search for a husband. Or wife. Or I'm not really sure, but she was very into finding a life partner. ~ Lylia

This will be giving Roh nightmares for weeks.

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 07:10 AM CDT
>That being said, I would really be disappointed to see these kinds of limits placed on pay events like Ebon's Gate.

Good thing for you that there's no such event as Ebon's Gate!

Also good thing for you that I'm not in charge of events! But here's some food for thought.

I was championing a 35 service limit for the past Ebon Gate. I felt that 35 was a good goal because it's a number most people would never hit, but still high enough that if you put in the time, you would walk away with a lot. While it didn't happen, we still tracked services and I still think 35 is a good number. The median was 10 services, the average was 13 services, and the mode was 6. MERCHANT EBON should still work if you can't remember where you fell.

There were 23 accounts who received more than 35 services who would have been affected by the limit. Those 23 accounts racked up 222 services above the limit. The four accounts with the most services walked away with an additional 110 services over the 35 service soft limit. And no, none of those four accounts are who you think.

There were 43 accounts who received only one or no services. Having tracked a lot of those people down and offered them services, some of them declined any work. So it's not a simple case of, if we hadn't done those extra 110 services for five people, we could have done at least two for each of the accounts with one or no services. Generally those who get more merchant services are familiar with them, so the service goes faster. However, there is no way around the fact that 110 services, no matter how prepared the player is, do take time. Generously assuming that a service takes at a minute for these prepared players, that is two hours of merchant time devoted to four people above and beyond what I would consider a reasonable amount of services. And that isn't fair. At some point, if players cannot regulate themselves, we have to step in and do it for them.

I really liked how the service limit worked for the Spitfire. As some of the comments in this thread show, it made some players think twice about throwing their hat in for a service they weren't too keen on. Choices had to be made, but people were still able to walk away with things happy with things they did want. I still saw plenty of players get gifts for friends and loved ones. These were still some accusations that things were rigged or some players were winning everything, but it was far, far less than normal.

I don't know how the service limit will play out in the future. And again, I'm not the decision maker in that area. But I thought some of these data points were interesting.

~Vanah
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 08:13 AM CDT
I was able to spend a decent amount of time near the Spitfire and walked away with 4 alterations, 1 pick for the spinning pink wheel which lead to zero and missed the person that was altering wizard familiars. (Damn college classes) I had a fun time in general, but gave up on the map quest/title due to not finding the first clue, after 2 hours of looking.

I think the 10 per account was a fair limit. Sure I hated sitting around for hours just to see the same folks get picked and leaving empty handed, but that's life. All in all.. Bravo and I look forward to the Spitfires next visit.

Lady Nairena
Air Mage of Ta'Vaalor
Proud Member of the Eahnor Assembly
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 08:25 AM CDT

<I don't know how the service limit will play out in the future. And again, I'm not the decision maker in that area. But I thought some of these data points were interesting.

I like the idea of service limits at free fests. I even like the idea of a high, but still capped, service limit at UNLIMITED ticket events like Ebons.

LIMITED ticket events, more like wavedancer then RTCF/CCF, really shouldn't have a limit other then raffles. My personal pet peeve is seeing someone win 2+ raffles at a limited fest. Some of us rarely if ever see our names drawn, and seeing the same people over and over gets disheartening. Some people are just lucky, and some people are spinner magnets. At the same time, there are some people that if there are 11 people in the room, and the Merchant spins for 10, 9 time out of ten, they will be the one not spun.

That's why I do love when merchants offer some services to those that haven't had any, be there a service limit or not.

Personally, neither of my accounts got anything at this fest. To be honest, I only tried once, and the GM couldn't do what a friend asked me to try to get for her. So I passed. I normally don't merchant hunt at free fests, I am one of those anti spinner people. Also, on a personal note, I get bored sitting there for 2+ hours watching people's atmo items and the token people.. (there is always that one that tries to flirt with the merchant, always the one that is whining and crying they didn't get picked for something they would love and adore and never ever sell.. then sell a week later..) Also.. it's a free fest, and while I am not trying to be noble or anything, I like to think that if I don't run around and get services I really don't need, maybe someone that doesn't go to pay events will. As I try to attend every pay event.

Anyway... I like limits at fests. if anything, it spreads out services more, which is a good thing... and.. OMG... 250 services for 4 people!!!!! Even if it was spread out evenly.. that's 75!! per person. Seriously... talk about greedy.
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 10:06 AM CDT
I, admittedly, did bring 2 accounts to Spitfire this year, and for the most part, I enjoyed my time. I will say I did not like being limited in my choices, especially towards the end when the one thing I had been hunting for ALL fest kept getting declined because NO ONE had permissions to do it. The person who openly said he did only ever came about when I was at work, and the one time he was around and I was around, he wasn't working. (Yes, Tartingworth, I am specifically meaning you). In the end, when the merchants were all doing their thing, I was sitting at 8/10 services on each account and it took someone very special to me going out of his way and finding out if he could alter that thing. He did. I logged out once that happened despite still having time to chase around and 4 services available to me. I turned down a spin earlier in the week because a merchant couldn't do what I wished him to do in an alter, and I refused to waste one of my services on a simple L/D.

>>I might be down, but I'm not dead. There's better days still up ahead. Even after all I've seen, there's hope in front of me.
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 10:08 AM CDT
Also, to whoever opened the wagon with the hairsticks... Madam or sir, thank you. I bought two of each hairstick. Please, please, for the love of all things holy and righteous, let an unlocking for these be available soon.

>>I might be down, but I'm not dead. There's better days still up ahead. Even after all I've seen, there's hope in front of me.
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 10:38 AM CDT
I think the Spitfire was a rousing success. I'm not a big merchant/raffle hound so I only had 2 services done, which for me is a lot, and one of those was for a friend who had tried the entire time to get one thing lightened and when I was spun I had her item lightened for her. I completed the quest which was entertaining and interacted here and there with the NPC's, which were played quite well. I was very impressed with the number of GM's who did marathon, kick butt sessions. Also, the number of GM NPC's who just popped in over and over again for work or RP here and there was phenomenal.

So, great job to all on a successful free event. You have my thanks for sure.

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Empires exist through conquest, they live on by exercising total control of the conquered.

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 10:42 AM CDT

>I was sitting at 8/10 services on each account

my spinner juju was definitely way off. My accounts got 1 and 4 services. Most nights the bulk of the merchanting seemed to start after midnight eastern.
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 12:13 PM CDT
>>my spinner juju was definitely way off. My accounts got 1 and 4 services. Most nights the bulk of the merchanting seemed to start after midnight eastern.

Yeah, I lost a bit of sleep so having closing shifts during this time, as well as being on mountain time halfway through helped since I was on a semi-vacation after Tuesday. Most of my stuff occurred Tuesday on. I think the weekend stuff I ended up missing the majority of.

Also, the familiar alters... OMG! These were great. LOVE! (Now to master alchemy on a mage for the recipe when released.)

Re: Good times 04/19/2015 12:27 PM CDT
I've been and on and off player since the late 90's (admittedly, more off than on), and last week was my first ever merchant services. I've always been one of those unlucky ones who never get picked. A friend and I both came to the event with 2 accounts each, and probably walked away with ~12 total services. One of his characters won an unlocked climate cloak, which shocked the hell out of us...never in any of our years had either of us (or any of our old personal friends) ever won anything major.

Since I didn't expect to get close to the cap, I didn't mind the limit at all. I plan on attending the next pay event, and honestly, 10 services there (per account) would be awesome to me if it were a guaranteed thing; but that's probably due to the fact that I still see merchant services (even GALD) as "rare" and something to be excited about.
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 01:11 PM CDT
I didn't get any services but I did buy a few things at the shops. Many of the items and room descriptions for Spitfire are creative and beautifully written.

Silvean's Player
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 01:15 PM CDT
>>Since I didn't expect to get close to the cap, I didn't mind the limit at all. I plan on attending the next pay event, and honestly, 10 services there (per account) would be awesome to me if it were a guaranteed thing; but that's probably due to the fact that I still see merchant services (even GALD) as "rare" and something to be excited about.

There will be a serious uproar if they limit services at a pay event without a guaranteed top tier prize. Think CCF, RtCF, etc.

Re: Good times 04/19/2015 02:19 PM CDT
Yeah. Like I said I think I might overvalue those services a bit. It's still really cool and special to me!
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 02:20 PM CDT
>>At first I was a little leary about a 10 service limit, I'm a firm believer in the idea that the amount of services you get should be directly proportional from how much time you put into an event, but I kept an open mind going into this. And honestly, I can't really complain... I think 10 services per account was fair all things considered and I still managed to get done the things I really needed to.<<

>>That being said, I would really be disappointed to see these kinds of limits placed on pay events like Ebon's Gate.<<

I have mixed feelings on the limit of services as well. I do agree with Riend on hoping a cap for paid events isn't put into place. On that note though, I think for the Spitfire it actually worked well and it became a fun challenge to reserve spots for services I really wanted. When my services jumped from three to eight in one day, I realized I had some decisions to make in the next two days. I had goals of holding out for Ianthra and also a climate wear unlock from either Carax or Farain. Luckily on the last day I was able to get both and it put a new twist on merchant hunting when you had to be conservative about your work.

>>LIMITED ticket events, more like wavedancer then RTCF/CCF, really shouldn't have a limit other then raffles. My personal pet peeve is seeing someone win 2+ raffles at a limited fest. Some of us rarely if ever see our names drawn, and seeing the same people over and over gets disheartening.<<
Agreed totally on the raffle caps.

All in all, I had a great time during this festival. Couple of special thank yous:
*Estinelle--LOOOOOVE your corsets and laces, please open up a permanent shop :)
*Carax--I was leaving to work out when you announced you were going to be unlocking your climate clothes (I know, priorities). I was super bummed, but figured it would happen another time. By chance when I logged back on a couple hours later, you had unlocked your doors and I was able to grab a service from you. So thank you!
*Farain--Thanks for all your hard work and creative input and of course, the laughs.
*Vermin--Glad you put your pants back on to dance with Kayse, even if it was on your head.
*Ianthra--It was already established that I <3 you, but <3<3<3.
*Jellybeard--Always great fun watching the interactions with you and everyone else.

~Kayse

(OOC) You quietly whisper to Riend, "What's the verb for glancing at someone and exhaling?"
(OOC) Farain's player whispers, "I think its kiss farain."
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 02:26 PM CDT
I had a blast from start to finish. Really well done at every turn. And amazed at all the hard work I know must have gone into it. Thank you to the merchant GMs and those behind the scenes, as well as the player base for making it so much fun.

The quest, the Farain and Vermin Show, Estinelle's wares coupled with her lovely creative mind and willingness to help altering, and Miss Thris and her wonderful talisman customizations were the highlights for me- though I certainly could go on.

Is there any chance of altering familiar talismans outside of festivals? I'm not sure that it qualifies for a regular GALD, assuming one can find a willing merchant to work on them..

I'm a fan of limited services for free events, but unlimited for pay events. The more effort and time one puts into a festival should be reflected with more services, and if I pay for a festival, I'll make time to have it be worth it to me.

Thanks again to everyone!
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 04:12 PM CDT
>I'm a fan of limited services for free events, but unlimited for pay events. The more effort and time one puts into a festival should be reflected with more services, and if I pay for a festival, I'll make time to have it be worth it to me.

Yep, I think I'm leaning toward this viewpoint too. On the one hand, it does kind of bug me when I see the same item go to a merchant two or three times during a session as it gets passed from account to account under the same player's control and knowing this person is circumventing the 10-service limit. On the other hand, it didn't limit my access to services any more than an unlimited event would have; I'm still competing against the same people who bring a train of other accounts with them to every raffle and spin. It's not really something the GMs can stop, at any rate. It's just annoying to see and makes me think, "This is why we can't have nice things." No one would need limits if people could limit themselves a little better and not suck up 75 items' worth of a merchant's time.

At any rate, none of it dimmed my enjoyment of the Spitfire at all. I had such a blast! Love Vermin to bits, by the way, even though Lylia is none too sure about him. :)

--- Lauren, Lylia's player
Re: Good times 04/19/2015 11:01 PM CDT
<<Auchand/Vermin>>

...knew it
Re: Good times 04/20/2015 06:39 AM CDT

I was sitting at 9 from Wednesday or so? I purposely skipped attempting for what must have been another 10+ events I saw, since I didn't want another GALD and left a slot open for some end-of-event raffles or another tattoo, etc.

My wife also maxed out I'm pretty sure.

And this is coming from Tokyo. Anyone who didn't max out is a major slacker!! Haha.

This festival was excellent, by the way. Lots of fun, cool stuff, etc, etc, etc.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog
Re: Good times 04/20/2015 10:58 AM CDT

>I was sitting at 9 from Wednesday or so? I purposely skipped attempting for what must have been another 10+ events I saw, since I didn't want another GALD and left a slot open for some end-of-event raffles or another tattoo, etc.

I hit 9 (just plain old GALD and unlocking) on my main with a few hours to go and didn't bother going to some of the sessions announced. This from someone who lives outside of the US and didn't miss out on sleep or fresh air! Thank you all for a great time, although I feel kind of weird not having festival burnout!

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese
Re: Good times 04/20/2015 11:32 AM CDT

>This from someone who lives outside of the US and didn't miss out on sleep or fresh air!

I think west coasters and foreigners won on this fest. There was almost no one working during the week prime time EDT.
Re: Good times 04/20/2015 01:16 PM CDT
I hit 9 on Wednesday and purposely passed on a few that came along in the last two days since I had entered the 100k kitten raffle. I had quite a few opportunities to fill that last spot in the last two days, and given how many tickets were purchased for the kittens I should have just passed on it and gotten my last slot filled.

No regrets though! I loved it all!

A couple of my merchant slots were that bane of the frantic shopper, and left me with a 'what the heck did I get that for' feeling, but who knows! Someone may want the oddities someday (including me!)

Farain and Vermin (and Roxe on the last night) were a riot with the wheel. Sang a song, got a whistle, took a plunge, but at least Vermin didn't bite me!

cheers all, it was amazingly fun,

Briarleaf

---
The player is new, the account is ancient. Quillian has retired, but his offspring continue the good fight!
Prev_page Previous 1