Razors and Dry Face 04/11/2015 04:46 AM CDT

>pull my razor

How do you expect to do that with a dry face?

Anyone able to give me some hints how to wet my face up?

Fyonn's player
Re: Razors and Dry Face 04/11/2015 04:54 AM CDT

Give your items a good ANALYZE and see if that helps clear things up; Not just the razor, as the items for shaving all work together. So check out the other items you'd be using, also.

When in doubt, ANALYZE!

~GM Sherlise
Re: Razors and Dry Face 04/11/2015 05:30 AM CDT
Analyzed the razor, but didn't think to analyze the other stuff. Thanks, and I love all the messaging!

Fyonn's player
Re: Razors and Dry Face 04/11/2015 12:55 PM CDT
A couple more questions on these

-How long do the bars of soap last when put in the bowls.
-If it's only a finite amount of time, will extra soap be available later on, or will I need to load up now?
-Do most towns have places to buy water for shaving (The water from the bard guild doesn't work, but I assume that's because it hasn't been updated with modern food/drink messaging)?

Fyonn's player
Re: Razors and Dry Face 04/11/2015 04:31 PM CDT

"A couple more questions on these

-How long do the bars of soap last when put in the bowls.
-If it's only a finite amount of time, will extra soap be available later on, or will I need to load up now?
-Do most towns have places to buy water for shaving (The water from the bard guild doesn't work, but I assume that's because it hasn't been updated with modern food/drink messaging)?"

The bars will stay in the bowl until they are used up, which is a fairly good amount of usage, or unless a players cleans out the soap from the bowl, at which point that soap that was in it is no longer usable. I do plan on selling the soaps outside the Spitfire, but it won't be anything that's sold at an NPC shop. Whether a player shop picks them up to stock I can't say :) One could buy more than one bowl, putting different scents in each to maximize the soaps usage if you think you'd like to mix it up a bit!

I went to Malwith's Inn and bought a flute of clear water for 5 silvers, and it reacted accordingly when pouring it into the bowl. I also checked the Bard's guild in WL, and the small bottle of water there also acted accordingly. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you; are you using POUR water in bowl after you pack in the soap?

I'm very happy to hear you like Twobits' shaving kit line! While Twobits will likely not venture off the Spitfire, you may hear from one of his vendors advertising his soaps on-shore at other times.

Enjoy!
~GM Sherlise
Re: Razors and Dry Face 04/11/2015 05:13 PM CDT
<I went to Malwith's Inn and bought a flute of clear water for 5 silvers, and it reacted accordingly when pouring it into the bowl. I also checked the Bard's guild in WL, and the small bottle of water there also acted accordingly. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you; are you using POUR water in bowl after you pack in the soap?

Here's what happens when I try to use the water from the bar in the guild

>glance

You glance down to see a small bottle of water in your right hand and a white glass shaving bowl in your left hand.

>look in bowl

The glass shaving bowl seems to be packed with a large chunk of shaving soap which is currently dry.

>pour my water in my bowl

It doesn't look like you should be pouring that in there.

Fyonn's player
Re: Razors and Dry Face 04/11/2015 05:23 PM CDT

"You glance down to see a small bottle of water in your right hand and a white glass shaving bowl in your left hand.

>look in bowl

The glass shaving bowl seems to be packed with a large chunk of shaving soap which is currently dry.

>pour my water in my bowl

It doesn't look like you should be pouring that in there."

This was my usage:

">put soap in my bowl
You carefully pack your shaving soap into the glass shaving bowl.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>look in bowl

>take water
You pour yourself a small bottle of water.
>put water in bowl
You pour a small bottle of water into your glass shaving bowl, swirling it around before shaking the excess out onto the floor.
>look bowl

The glass shaving bowl seems to be packed with a large chunk of shaving soap which is currently wet."

So I'm wondering if it got picky with MY somehow. I'll have a further look, thanks for pointing it out!

~GM Sherlise
Re: Razors and Dry Face 04/11/2015 06:02 PM CDT
The usage you typed doesn't work for me. To be fair, the bard guild water (and some of the other food/drink that hasn't been updated with taste messaging) behaves weirdly in a lot of ways. For example, I can't pour it in a flagon.

Fyonn's player
Re: Razors and Dry Face 04/11/2015 06:08 PM CDT
Isn't one of you using PUT and one of you using POUR?
Re: Razors and Dry Face 04/11/2015 06:19 PM CDT
I tried both.

Put gives a message "You can't seem to find a way to put a small bottle of water in a white glass shaving bowl."

Fyonn's player
Re: Razors and Dry Face 04/11/2015 07:18 PM CDT

Hmm, I'll send this information along. My testing in Prime (sneaky as it was!) caused the same result that you experienced. I'll see if we can't get that fixed. If you have access to a water spell, then know it, too, can assist you with your wetting needs! I expect you're correct with old foods versus new foods. In my testing area, the water was converted.

For now, know that the water in Shaver Me Timbers does work. Finding working water otherwise might be hit or miss for a bit, my apologies on that.

~GM Sherlise
Re: Razors and Dry Face 04/11/2015 11:53 PM CDT
Haven't tested but is it at all possible to have another character shave your face?

This would be an awesome thing if possible. If not, can it be made possible?
Re: Razors and Dry Face 04/12/2015 12:25 AM CDT

As at this time, you can only shave your own face. My scope was huge, and shaving others was a hope, but it wasn't within the time frame we had. On if it will ever be a thing? Never say never!

~GM Sherlise

PS! Just because you don't have facial hair, doesn't mean you can't lather up and gain the smelly good benefit from the soaps. Just keep a cloth handy to wipe off the lather on yer mug :)
~S.
Re: Razors and Dry Face 02/15/2016 05:32 PM CST
I was wondering if shaving soap scents could be tweaked to last longer? Seems they only last 15-20 minutes? Just a guess. It sure doesn't last as long as cologne for sure. My character would truly like to reek of freshly printed bank notes, and ink.