Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 03/31/2015 12:12 PM CDT
Coming soon, to a Spitfire near you, is my new shop, Sea Legs and Wings.

Wares:
Debuting in Sea Legs and Wings are new upgraded Familiar Talismans.

The plain merchant version of the upgraded Familiar Talismans, once attuned to your familiar, will allow you to summon an identical familiar with 100% reliability from anywhere in Elanthia.

Also new to the merchant version, the player can attune their talismans to customized (altered) familiars to save and summon that custom familiar with 100% reliability from anywhere in Elanthia.

As these talismans are of limited charges, the shop owner recommends that you stock up. Knowledge or ownership of the binding rune or "binding"-inscribed runestones will be required.

Off the shelf, the fancy talismans in Sea Legs and Wings are pre-attuned to customized familiars with a nautical theme.

An example of using a pre-attuned talisman:

>gaze my talisman
As your eyes traverse across the grain of a rosewood cormorant talisman, the misty image of a blue-eyed crested cormorant fills your vision before slowly fading away.

>prep 920
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Call Familiar...
>cast my talisman
You gesture at a rosewood cormorant talisman.
Your magic misfires. Perhaps you should attune the cormorant talisman to you, first.

>read my runestone
You quickly recognize the rune scrawled upon the runestone as the "binding" rune.

>wave my runestone at my talisman
You gesture over a rosewood cormorant talisman with your jade runestone. Thin tendrils of softly glowing essence reach out from the runestone to encompass the cormorant talisman in a cage of soft light. The luminescence sinks below the surface of the talisman leaving a faintly glowing pattern in its wake.

>prep 920
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Call Familiar...
>cast my talisman
You gesture at a rosewood cormorant talisman.
You carefully weave tendrils of essence around the cormorant talisman, reinforcing the magic within. The two energies merge slowly, reacting with each other to form a new pattern within the cormorant talisman.

>prep 920
>cast my talisman
You concentrate on the cormorant talisman as you cast your conciousness out into the ether in search of a specific type of familiar.
A blue-eyed crested cormorant flies into the area, circling above you once before landing at your side.

To save your own customized familiar:

>wave my runestone at my talisman
You gesture over a rosewood cormorant talisman with your jade runestone. Thin tendrils of softly glowing essence reach out from the runestone to encompass the cormorant talisman in a cage of soft light. The luminescence sinks below the surface of the talisman leaving a faintly glowing pattern in its wake.
>glance wolf
You glance at a grizzled arctic blue wolf.
>wave my talisman at wolf
Your talisman is already attuned! If you wave now, your talisman will be irrevocably re-attuned to a grizzled arctic blue wolf. If you sure you wish to proceed, wave the talisman at the wolf again within 30 seconds.
>wave my talisman at wolf
As you wave the cormorant talisman in front of the arctic blue wolf's eyes, its gaze slowly follows the talisman's path through the air. The talisman suddenly grows warm in your hand, its surface rippling like water as fine details slowly form on its once smooth body.
>prep 920
>cast my talisman
You carefully weave tendrils of essence around the wolf talisman, reinforcing the magic within. The two energies merge slowly, reacting with each other to form a new pattern within the wolf talisman.
>gaze my talisman
As your eyes traverse across the grain of a rosewood wolf talisman, the misty image of a grizzled arctic blue wolf fills your vision before slowly fading away.
>tell wolf to leave
The arctic blue wolf pads off.
You sense the link between you and your arctic blue wolf weaken and vanish.
>prep 920
>cast my talisman
You gesture at a rosewood wolf talisman.
You concentrate on the wolf talisman as you cast your conciousness out into the ether in search of a specific type of familiar.
A grizzled arctic blue wolf pads into the area and moves to stand at your side.

Services:

The shop's proprieter will be around to offer familiar altering sessions.

In addition to altering sessions, she will be raffling (or auctioning) off one or two QUEST level familiar talismans.
Like the merchant talismans, quest level talismans will summon a specific familiar with 100% accuracy worldwide. Quest level familiar talismans, however, are permanent and will not crumble, and the familiar summoned will also have, in addition to the normal set of mood messages standard familiars have, an additional few messages customized for that particular familiar.

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 03/31/2015 12:42 PM CDT
And Keios is once again amazing.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 03/31/2015 12:55 PM CDT
>In addition to altering sessions, she will be raffling (or auctioning) off one or two QUEST level familiar talismans.
Like the merchant talismans, quest level talismans will summon a specific familiar with 100% accuracy worldwide. Quest level familiar talismans, however, are permanent and will not crumble, and the familiar summoned will also have, in addition to the normal set of mood messages standard familiars have, an additional few messages customized for that particular familiar.

I will be needing one of these. We can make Owly into the ultimate Owly.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 03/31/2015 01:14 PM CDT

How have we not done this before??

Fantastic! Really looking forward to this.

-E
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 03/31/2015 01:48 PM CDT
MUST haz Bluepin familiarz! She will be one happy parasol toting, dancing chick!

You also see the Shilarra disk etched with the image of a Vathor
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 03/31/2015 02:02 PM CDT

quick question, my wizard is an earth focused mage, would it be possible/probable to have a talisman pet made into somthing like...a rocky face with pebble arms? (not that exactly, sure I can come up with something that makes more sense by then) but an element type familiar I think that would be really, really cool.
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 03/31/2015 02:09 PM CDT
>quick question, my wizard is an earth focused mage, would it be possible/probable to have a talisman pet made into somthing like...a rocky face with pebble arms? (not that exactly, sure I can come up with something that makes more sense by then) but an element type familiar I think that would be really, really cool.

Wyrdlings are basically little elemental beings. If all else fails, maybe a custom earth wyrdling?

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 03/31/2015 02:19 PM CDT
>>quick question, my wizard is an earth focused mage, would it be possible/probable to have a talisman pet made into somthing like...a rocky face with pebble arms? (not that exactly, sure I can come up with something that makes more sense by then) but an element type familiar I think that would be really, really cool.

Familiars cannot have long descriptions and changes to the noun have to stay in the same sort of "class" of animal or creature. So an avian familiar could be transformed into a different kind of avian, but not into a cat. A wolf cannot become a bear. Wyrdlings, being in their own special elemental type group, would have to remain wyrdlings or elemental type creatures. I'm not sure a "face" would be an approved noun for a wyrdling.

-KEIOS

Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 03/31/2015 02:25 PM CDT
<< I'm not sure a "face" would be an approved noun for a wyrdling.>>

ok thank you, excellent, was just a general idea, I just picture a pile of rubble following me around as my familiar, went with face because it'd have to be able to talk/have a mouth or it wouldn't make sense at all :) but thank you for the info.
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 03/31/2015 03:16 PM CDT

>>Wyrdlings, being in their own special elemental type group, would have to remain wyrdlings or elemental type creatures.<<

I am very curious about the guidelines for wyrdlings. I'd like to start brainstorming alterations to mine...

Like... how far could we go?

Could my lightning wyrdling become:

- a lesser lightning elemental
- a crackling lightning abberation

I suppose whatever it is has to remain consistent with the current ambient messaging, no?

-E
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 03/31/2015 11:08 PM CDT
Customized messaging for familiars?? Sick.

It's like giving Owly and Triss more tools to troll.

-Sea Wizard, approves.

>A green-eyed white cat meows questioningly.

>A green-eyed white cat points at a spot just beyond your feet.
A burst of flames erupts from the ground and soon a furious fire begins consuming anything combustible there.
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/01/2015 12:00 AM CDT
>It's like giving Owly and Triss more tools to troll.

A barn owl flaps his wings, showing his clear superiority over all nearby cats.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/01/2015 09:12 PM CDT
This will save me hours when I forget to re-incant 920 to bond with my fam.

Looking forward to it! Hoot!

Chad, player of a few
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/01/2015 11:09 PM CDT
>A barn owl flaps his wings, showing his clear superiority over all nearby cats.

A green-eyed white cat burps delicately, an owl feather escaping from her mouth.

-Sea Wizard

>A green-eyed white cat meows questioningly.

>A green-eyed white cat points at a spot just beyond your feet.
A burst of flames erupts from the ground and soon a furious fire begins consuming anything combustible there.
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/02/2015 06:38 AM CDT
This is very cool.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/02/2015 11:56 AM CDT
>quick question, my wizard is an earth focused mage

A gopher, a ground hog, a horrific star-nosed mole, ...? I'm sure you can do better than a pet rock!

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/02/2015 11:57 AM CDT
>a horrific star-nosed mole

Actually, scratch that, I want it

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/11/2015 02:27 PM CDT
I'm in love with the idea... and really hope that I get the opportunity to get some custom work done for this... Probably one of the most interesting things for Whirlin at the Spitfire.

I've been hanging out in the shop, teaching young wizards the Binding Rune for those that don't know it.

~Whirlin
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/14/2015 03:12 PM CDT

Keios-

Say you bind an altered familiar to a fancy talisman, can the talisman be re-bound with a new familiar after?

Thanks
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/14/2015 03:30 PM CDT
Some info from the sessions:

>Saverik softly asks, "Does anyone know if any of the talismans can be reattuned or is it a specific one?"
>Thris says, "The ones outside can be reattuned only once."
>Thris exclaims, "Once it's finalized they're set in stone unless you find me!"

>Thris says, "You can only use familiar talismans to attune familiars that you have summoned."
>Thris says, "So you can't attune someone else's familiar."
You quietly whisper to Thris, "Right, but if you attune your familiar in a new talisman, can another wizard use the new talisman? Or still just the original wizard since it was their familiar?"
>Thris whispers, "Nope, once attuned to yourself, only you can use it."
>Thris whispers, "Copies can only be made of your specific familiar."
>Thris whispers, "You can only attune a talisman if you're attuned the talisman to yourself."
You quietly whisper to Thris, "In other words the original user of the first talisman is the only wizard who will have that familiar?"
>Thris nods to you.
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/14/2015 03:41 PM CDT

Thanks, Fleurs, very helpful, and different from what Raelee said on the PC in terms of other people casting on an attuned talisman, but since that's directly from Thris, it's more likely to be correct, but you know I'll do some testing anyway.
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/14/2015 03:47 PM CDT
>Thanks, Fleurs, very helpful, and different from what Raelee said on the PC in terms of other people casting on an attuned talisman, but since that's directly from Thris, it's more likely to be correct, but you know I'll do some testing anyway.

I've been wrong about worse things! :)

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/14/2015 07:33 PM CDT
I did some testing with a fresh talisman that someone copied their altered pet onto:

>prep 920
Your spell is ready.

>cast talisman
You gesture at a subtly carved wooden XXX talisman.
Your magic misfires. Perhaps you should attune the XXX talisman to you, first.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/14/2015 09:10 PM CDT

>Your magic misfires. Perhaps you should attune the XXX talisman to you, first.

sadness :(
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/14/2015 11:43 PM CDT

So... really amazing stuff, and a hell of a Platinum Perk. Thris gave every wizard, who could summon a familiar, that showed up a permanant familiar talisman, and also customized it and the familiar.

If I'm not mistaken, the GM will also open this to any wizards in plat who gains the ability to summon familiars, the same service.

I hope she'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks, Keios!
Re: Shop Teaser: Sea Legs and Wings 04/15/2015 10:45 AM CDT
>>Say you bind an altered familiar to a fancy talisman, can the talisman be re-bound with a new familiar after?

There are two attunements to the talismans. Once to yourself and once to your familiar.
The pre-set ones in the shop are special in that they come pre-set to a familiar before they are attuned to you.
However, to attune the talisman to a new familiar, you have to attune it to yourself first, which will render it unusable by other wizards.

-KEIOS