arrows/bolts still totally useless in reim 03/12/2022 03:42 PM CST
This needs to be fixed, I can't believe its still happening

>stanc o
fire
You are now in an offensive stance.
>You nock a faewood arrow tipped with a bodkin point in your silk-wrapped longbow.
You fire the faewood arrow at the squire, but it has no effect!
The arrow streaks off into the distance!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.
Re: arrows/bolts still totally useless in reim 03/12/2022 04:44 PM CST

OK, I made it through reim by punching everything fortunately. But it really stunk to not have my main weapon be able to work. I tried shooting probably 100+ times, both a stack of mesile bolts with my crossbow and the stack of faewood arrows with my longbow. None of the shots would land, they all had the "has no effect message."

Obviously, since the bless changes everything should have effect whether its blessed or not. But I did try voln blessing everything, the ammo, the longbow, the crossbow, etc.

I do eblade my bolts/arrows. I stripped the eblade off with 417, and then blessed. But again, everything should hit undead now regardless.
Re: arrows/bolts still totally useless in reim 03/13/2022 06:06 AM CDT
Is the bodkin point the issue? Taking precedence over faewood and hence missing because its non-magical?
Re: arrows/bolts still totally useless in reim 03/13/2022 04:09 PM CDT

Thats a good hypothesis. If so what do I do to resolve? Eblade my arrows to hit undead???

Lol, I bet that's the problem. Because I have also had the bodkin bolts not work on treekin, which require magical weapons, after the eblade runs out. I didn't get that either, since they are faewood, but I just ebladed them and kept going.
Re: arrows/bolts still totally useless in reim 03/19/2022 06:25 PM CDT

I confirm, eblade allows the bodkin arrows to hit undead. So thank you for the idea, I can hunt reim with my bow again.

This is obviously a bug, the arrow/bolt "tips" are bugged with hitting magical creatures. Or, if the position is that they are not bugged, need to provide mithril tips so that bodkin arrows can hit magical creatures without eblading them
Re: arrows/bolts still totally useless in reim 03/20/2022 08:35 AM CDT

The tip material always used to be the determinant. I haven't used archery for ages, but using vultite tips to make arrows magical was common when I did.
Re: arrows/bolts still totally useless in reim 03/22/2022 03:54 PM CDT

Where did you get the vultite tips? The archer who helped me didn't couldn't find any options for the material on the tips. I haven't done fletching myself so I was having some bundles made.
Re: arrows/bolts still totally useless in reim 03/22/2022 05:19 PM CDT
Fletcher shops.

Take a look through the list on the wiki to see what is available where.
https://gswiki.play.net/Category:Fletcher_Shops

There's various tip types in various magic metals in different places.
Re: arrows/bolts still totally useless in reim 03/28/2022 07:36 PM CDT

Thanks again Rath!