Reim Chests & Reim Traps 06/19/2020 12:10 AM CDT
Trap Changes
The trap "ambush" will now put a character in 2 seconds of RT upon spawning, down from 3.
The logic for the number of denizens ambushing the player has also been changed. It will be moving from a random number of denizens (2-4) to evaluating the number of players present.
A single player will get 2 denizens scaling up to a maximum number of 5 denizens for larger groups.

Reim Chests
Reim Chests were causing a lot of deaths on the small chance you got the "boobytrap" RNG. This was unnecessarily punishing.
I've instead made the "BOOBYTRAPS" use the regular traps for the rest of Reim. This will instead cause things like RT, some damage, and knocking you over. These traps also use SMR2 so there will be a chance to lessen the effect or dodge it.
I've also adjusted the odds of all the chests to be more forgiving in general.

Thanks to Estild for the quick approval and QC.

Retser, SGM
Re: Reim Chests & Reim Traps 06/19/2020 03:00 AM CDT
Thank you for these welcome changes!

Successfully completing a Reim run only to die instantly from a chest trap later caused considerable muttering on my end.

>>https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese_Bayvel-Timsh'l
Re: Reim Chests & Reim Traps 06/19/2020 08:00 AM CDT
I will probably go back to opening the boxes again.

Thanks, Retser!
Re: Reim Chests & Reim Traps 06/19/2020 05:50 PM CDT
>I will probably go back to opening the boxes again.

Careful how you do it. I tested to see if the spawn cap had been fixed at the same time. It hasn't, the spawn cap is still buggy and this is one way to trigger that bug. I still avoid them because I'm so rarely in a position where spawning an extra critter isn't a really bad idea.
Re: Reim Chests & Reim Traps 06/19/2020 08:12 PM CDT
Ambush traps, invasions, and chests don't respect the bounds of the "spawn cap". The spawn cap is only for the periodic spawns. It is only for the room you are in.

Retser, SGM
Re: Reim Chests & Reim Traps 06/20/2020 12:59 PM CDT

What's SMR2?
Re: Reim Chests & Reim Traps 06/20/2020 01:13 PM CDT
https://gswiki.play.net/Standard_maneuver_roll#SMR_v2

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: Reim Chests & Reim Traps 06/20/2020 06:30 PM CDT
>Ambush traps, invasions, and chests don't respect the bounds of the "spawn cap". The spawn cap is only for the periodic spawns. It is only for the room you are in.

The spawn cap is broken. Periodic spawns happen in the room you are in when they should be capped.

Chests, invasions, Rares and critters strolling in from a neighbouring room not only don't respect it, they cause periodic spawning to restart while it should still be capped.

2 in a room, capped, no periodic spawns. Search a box, 3 in a room, and periodic spawning restarts causing it to go to 4, 5, 6, 7, etc. in a room until you get out of RT lock and can run away, or until you die. They also make it hard to empty the room before the next spawn, which is critical to avoiding Rares breaking the cap.

If a Rare spawns before you killed the previous critter and bellows you for 20s on spawning, there are now 3 critters in a room with you in RT lock and periodic spawning continues, taking it to 4, 5, 6, 7 critters till you get out of RT lock and can run away or you die. (7 is generally the point at which I die, I have no reason to expect that periodic spawns wouldn't continue to take it to 8, 9, 10 if I had the gear/spells to hold out for longer when RT locked in a swarm)
Re: Reim Chests & Reim Traps 07/01/2020 03:55 PM CDT
Hey there, sorry for the delay in getting this resolved. I found the issue in my logic with spawns and this should be fixed. Let me know if it still seems strange!

Retser, SGM
Re: Reim Chests & Reim Traps 07/23/2020 01:50 PM CDT
>Hey there, sorry for the delay in getting this resolved. I found the issue in my logic with spawns and this should be fixed. Let me know if it still seems strange!

I got round to testing this, and I didn't see any more cases of critters spawning when they shouldn't. However, the periodic spawns can stop when there is only one critter in the room now.

If there were 2 and 1 is killed spawns restart, but if there were 3 and 2 are killed they don't. Both when a rare spawned with a critter already present, and when I searched a chest to get a third in the room, all 3 had to be killed to get the periodic spawns restarted.

Its much preferable to the way it was, but there is still some strangeness.