Reim Base Camp 12/06/2018 05:49 PM CST
Is there any chance someone can take a look at the scrip pricing in the Base Camp?

4x ethereal armor + T1 DS flares = 70K scrip

5x plain armor/weapons = 75K scrip

You can find plain 5x armor/weapons from just completing the quest, let alone 75 full scrip-harvested runs.
Re: Reim Base Camp 12/07/2018 11:23 AM CST

While I agree that some items are overpriced (that 5x armor at the low end with no scripts, and the weapon at the high end), stating that 5x armor is available for completing the quest is not true for all players.

If playing capped, then yes, you can find 4x armor (and I assume 5x if lucky). However, if you're capped you are unlikely to need that 5x armor because you're already wearing some. My capped paladin usually find 3x-4x.

I do think the cost is high for vanilla 5x (and what, no Ethereal armor flares?), but whatever the cost is: I think the intent is to be somewhat readily available for any character at any level using their premium entry.

Shield
Re: Reim Base Camp 12/07/2018 05:40 PM CST
I was certainly a bit hyperbolic in my statement about the emperor and empress gear drops, but I've found a wide range of stuff from them. 6x shields, 5x weapons, 5x armor, enhancives, flares, etc... I've found several items bard-sung at millions of silver from there. And, if you've raided reim the minimum 75 times to acquire the 75K ghostbux, you probably have as well.

I can't see anybody buying vanilla 5x gear from base camp at those prices. It should probably be priced less-than-or-equal-to the OTS ethereal armor.

Just asking for a review of those sticker prices as some of that gear looks very nice, just ridiculously overpriced.
Re: Reim Base Camp 12/10/2018 08:57 AM CST
As an owner of some of that 5x armor from the shelf due to not receiving answers about if it was infact just 5x I can say I'm rather disappointed. $50 dollars for some 5x armor is a bit silly.
Re: Reim Base Camp 12/31/2018 11:00 AM CST
Just want to bump this back up to see if someone could please review the base camp items/pricing in 2019. Thank you!