Reim Treasure 07/09/2017 04:43 PM CDT
Hi.

I have heard so much about this Settlement of Reim stuff being done by capped folks to sustain their very existence, that I decided to give it a go with my bae on our new level 20ish characters. It's great; she leads us through it all like a proper pro to great success! It's very fun and a nice change of pace to the usual hunting and such. I'm hoping to complete my one free entry each day.

The only woe that we experience on these runs is that the treasure generated in this area is (sometimes literally) garbage.

I expect this must have to do with hunting pressure from higher level players doing Reim in their level brackets, but that strikes me as unfortunate given that there are, in fact, level brackets.

If the treasure is poor simply because many low level characters are enjoying Reim, then I suppose it is what it is. If the treasure at level 20 is being affected by groups at higher levels and cap, this is a sadness that I hope might be addressed in some manner to make our Reim runs feel more lucrative and exciting!

Do we think something could be done to change this, if it is in fact higher level brackets affecting the lower level ones?

Thanks!
Re: Reim Treasure 12/16/2017 06:45 AM CST
The lack of treasure in Reim is now so extreme that I'm often not enthused enough to bother with a free daily run.

Tarakan
Re: Reim Treasure 12/16/2017 04:44 PM CST

There's a post in this older thread from GM Retser explains how it works:

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/The%20Settlement%20of%20Reim/view/700
Re: Reim Treasure 12/17/2017 11:03 PM CST
FYI, most of our treasure from our capped runs is due to our use of MAJOR LOOT BOOSTS combined with the loot we get from the bosses makes Reim worth it for me for a quick 100k+ once loot is sold. Then of course the ethereal scrip you can save up for items or gamble in the treasure vault. If you aren't using a LOOT BOOST you're likely going to walk out with with next to no gems and just the stuff off of the Emperor and Empress.