Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/09/2017 09:43 AM CST
On one or both voyages poison vial weapons were sold, along with vials/casks/phials/bottles. It was 12+ years ago and I'm sure most of these that were bought have been used and/or lost. The weapons are probably far and few between as well. I've been looking for some of these vials of poison for some time, but I've been meet with silence. I still have a weapon I located in a locker from years back, but I've had no luck tracking down additional poison for refilling the weapon.

I was able to track down a list of these poisons from the Dhu Gillywack in 2004 - though I don't know the potency level of each one.

a gleaming crystalline phial
a quaint brass bottle
a red crystalline flask
a white birch cask
a shiny platinum vial

Would it be possible to bring these back to purchase some place? Rogue guild....backroom of a weapon shop.....wandering NPC.....something. I'd be tempted to buy a bunch of these so I can actually make full use of the weapon. I've got a character that could make great use of it.

I'd even be okay if it was added to alchemy, at least I could gather ingredients and pay someone to create the poisons for me. I'd much rather dump my silver into the system and not recycle it to others, but it would be nice to see these items become available to all for perhaps other purposes?

At the very least, you can just bring the Dhu Gillywack back for me (just me...only me) so I can buy some. I'm okay with this, too.

-Drumpel
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/09/2017 05:54 PM CST
Seconded. While I don't have anyone actively using the weapon right now, I've got a short sword that's been lockered for a small eternity that's sorely lacking a poison supply.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/10/2017 12:06 AM CST
>>At the very least, you can just bring the Dhu Gillywack back for me (just me...only me) so I can buy some.

No, no, for me too. The Dhu was my favorite pay event I ever went to.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/10/2017 07:42 AM CST
>No, no, for me too. The Dhu was my favorite pay event I ever went to.

I suppose I could charge people a....steep fee for wanting to board the ship while it makes a pit stop for me. I'm okay with that. It'll let me buy more poison vials. I do agree that it was my favorite pay event (it was my first pay event even) and I was hooked. I purchased a ticket on the first trip, both times the Dhu Gillywack visited. I had a blast on both runs.

If I do remember correctly, this toy dark elf wizard was from one of the Dhu Gillywack events/games. Still got him in my locker

>You see a toy dark elf wizard. It appears to be in excellent condition. An official inscription on the bottom shows this toy has been in 11 matches and won 8.

It would be nice to put him through some more battles.

Anyway. I'm patiently waiting for a NIR to agree that I will be given some time on the Dhu....or at the very least, bring around the poisons by some means.

-Drumpel
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/10/2017 08:13 PM CST
>>I'm patiently waiting for a NIR to agree that I will be given some time on the Dhu....or at the very least, bring around the poisons by some means.

I can't speak to getting you some time on the Dhu; however, looking into whether or not the poisons can make a short appearance -- will letcha know when I know.

~Kaikala

From nearby, you hear Ordim yell, "Dont eat meeeeee!"
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/10/2017 10:13 PM CST
There was a secret shop during Frontier days, did you get some vials from that shop or do they not work with the dagger you have? If you didn't pick any up I can find one in one of my lockers to test.
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/11/2017 07:29 AM CST
I can't speak to getting you some time on the Dhu; however, looking into whether or not the poisons can make a short appearance -- will letcha know when I know.
~Kaikala

That would be awesome!

It would be great to see poisons brought back or even tied into the game so they can be more easily accessible. Or maybe make an appearance a couple of times a year at 1 free event and 1 pay event. This way you can always pay someone to buy some for you if you can't make it around on your own or others will buy some to stock up and sell off later.

There was a secret shop during Frontier days, did you get some vials from that shop or do they not work with the dagger you have? If you didn't pick any up I can find one in one of my lockers to test.

I wasn't aware of any secret shop. I wasn't really in game much during the time of the last Frontier days. I get tied up doing things and don't get much time in game every now and then. I'm not sure if they'd work with the weapon or not.

Thankfully, though, I was able to track down a handful of these old poison vials. Each one holds 10 doses....but I don't recall how many swings come from each does that gets coated on the weapon.

>get vial
You remove a shiny platinum vial from in your sack.
>measure vial
Glancing carefully at the vial, you see it has 10 doses remaining.

-Drumpel
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/12/2017 02:27 AM CST
Perhaps it could also become an alchemy formula? That would ensure some continuity of availability.

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/14/2017 05:29 PM CST

I've got 8-9 casks of poison stashed aside. The FWI Culinary Collective re-released the poison weapons and poison a few years back and I've been sitting on the poison and a short sword I'd since taken up to +22 from it. I had planned to alter the short sword into a wakizashi in the near future and then sell it and the poison together, but if anyone is hankerin' for oodles of poison and a weapon, lemme know. Just contact Japhrimel.
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/14/2017 08:30 PM CST
>I've got 8-9 casks of poison stashed aside. The FWI Culinary Collective re-released the poison weapons and poison a few years back and I've been sitting on the poison and a short sword I'd since taken up to +22 from it. I had planned to alter the short sword into a wakizashi in the near future and then sell it and the poison together, but if anyone is hankerin' for oodles of poison and a weapon, lemme know. Just contact Japhrimel.

Do you know if they function like the old poisons in the "load-able" poison weapons from the Dhu?

I've been digging around and from what I found it appears the old poisons (aside from selling in different strengths), they offered 10 doses per flask/vial.

I also found this info about the old poison loading weapons from the Dhu - found here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/archive/index.php/t-102160.html
The ones that are specifically made as poison-loading weapons get far more poison flares out of each dose. A single poison dose gives them 40 flares, and they can hold a bunch of doses. I think they hold 20 doses, so a full weapon could flare 800 times before being refilled.
EDIT: I'm actually seeing an old post (by me, lol) that says they hold 48 applications, so 1920 flares from a full reservoir.
Wow, super cool to know. I had no idea!

I've got my hands on 9 flasks/vials from the original poisons released years back from the Dhu (thank you to those that contacted me). So I do have a small stockpile, but I'd really, really like to see these poisons come back and hopefully KAIKALA will be able to work some magic to bring them around again. Or, give me free run on the Dhu Gillywack - either one I'm still okay with.

-Drumpel
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/15/2017 06:56 AM CST
There is a cart in the Small Park in Wehnimer's Landing selling the pourable poisons as of Saturday evening. It'll stay in place for a few weeks. READ the cart to see the strength and # of doses per vial/etc., and so that you're not guessing after purchasing, the vials have a short read that in part designates the strength of the poison (via roman numerals), and you can use MEASURE to see the remaining number of doses. Huge thanks to Coase for the quick approval & Aulis for QCing lickety-split for me!

If for any reasons these are not the type of poisons you were looking for, speak up!

>>Or, give me free run on the Dhu Gillywack - either one I'm still okay with.
If I could...! I very fondly remember getting thoroughly lost onboard more than several times; Eza pulling a blonde move and taking off with my armor that she'd been altering when the ship flew away after we all got dumped off; the kitten quest/maze!!! during the ship's 2nd iteration; and of course all of the ridiculousness (and fun) of the tinkering gnomes and fellow passengers. Good times ;)

~Kaikala

Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/15/2017 08:26 AM CST
>There is a cart in the Small Park in Wehnimer's Landing selling the pourable poisons as of Saturday evening. It'll stay in place for a few weeks. READ the cart to see the strength and # of doses per vial/etc., and so that you're not guessing after purchasing, the vials have a short read that in part designates the strength of the poison (via roman numerals), and you can use MEASURE to see the remaining number of doses. Huge thanks to Coase for the quick approval & Aulis for QCing lickety-split for me!

Awesome!

I'll be more than happy to check things out for you guys. Time to start abusing creatures with my weapon!

Thanks for the quick work here.

>>Or, give me free run on the Dhu Gillywack - either one I'm still okay with.
If I could...! I very fondly remember getting thoroughly lost onboard more than several times; Eza pulling a blonde move and taking off with my armor that she'd been altering when the ship flew away after we all got dumped off; the kitten quest/maze!!! during the ship's 2nd iteration; and of course all of the ridiculousness (and fun) of the tinkering gnomes and fellow passengers. Good times ;)

I happened into a weapon shop on the Dhu (can't remember if it was the first or second run) and the shop was empty with customers. Upon looking around for a few, the owner happened to come in and we chatted for a bit. She was working on crafting a weapon to raffle off. I forget all the little details, but I got to help design it. It wasn't a weapon I could even use with my wizard, but it was so much fun. Wish I still had the log of it....it was a 4 or 5x ice flaring bisacuta that had a neat design to go with the ice flares.

Lots of fun times.

Thanks again!

-Drumpel
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/16/2017 02:03 AM CST
I'd love to see the next Premium monthly raffle be a poison permanence service!

Does anyone know what was different between the off-the-shelf stuff and the raffled/auctioned stuff that also went out? Seems like they're all the same basic thing.
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/16/2017 08:42 AM CST
>Does anyone know what was different between the off-the-shelf stuff and the raffled/auctioned stuff that also went out? Seems like they're all the same basic thing.

I think some (maybe all) of the god auction poison weapons, they apply poison on every hit and it stacks.

If there are permanent poison flaring weapons that work like the fill-able poison weapon I have, I don't know if the poison flares stack, but I do know it flares like all other normal flaring weapons. So every 4-5 swings the weapon will flare for me.

-Drumpel
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/17/2017 02:16 PM CST
>>Does anyone know what was different between the off-the-shelf stuff and the raffled/auctioned stuff that also went out? Seems like they're all the same basic thing.

The auction/raffle ones were perma-poisoned (no need to refill with vials), where each time the weapon flared, the strength (1-5, like the vials) was randomly selected. So the benefit of permanence, but no control over the poison strength.

Also, since this was asked elsewhere: yes, the vials can also be poured onto arrows/bolts to set them to poison-flaring.

~Kaikala

Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/17/2017 08:43 PM CST
What about the ones that were raffled off at the Culinary Collective? The blackened vultite ones? They don't seem to be permanent as far as I can see.
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/18/2017 04:43 AM CST
>>What about the ones that were raffled off at the Culinary Collective? The blackened vultite ones? They don't seem to be permanent as far as I can see.

That was awhile ago! We only approved them to go out as refillables (not perma) for the 2012 run given the number that the GM in question wanted to release all at once. I don't know/remember how the raffles were advertised, but hopefully it was made clear on the raffle table ticket/etc.

~Kaikala

Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 01/18/2017 02:01 PM CST
>There is a cart in the Small Park in Wehnimer's Landing selling the pourable poisons as of Saturday evening. It'll stay in place for a few weeks. -Kaikala

Coooool. Thank you!

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Poison vials - where are you hiding? 03/06/2017 10:33 AM CST
>>Perhaps it could also become an alchemy formula? That would ensure some continuity of availability.

Late to the conversation, but I like this idea? Maybe sorcerer's only? Empath's could get the equivalent antidote.

#bardlife