January Albatross Run 01/11/2015 12:41 PM CST
We're tentatively (ie, like with the Spire announcement, barring unforeseen circumstances) planning for the Albatross to dock next Sunday afternoon (ET)! Keep your eyes on the box office this week!

~GM Liia
Team 3P ASGM, Events Manager

Elanthia's derpiest rolton bleats anxiously!
Speaking to Elanthia's derpiest rolton, you say, "Oh, shut it."
Re: January Albatross Run 01/11/2015 01:33 PM CST
Will this one have any GM support for games etc? The last run the place kind of felt like, excuse the expression, a ghost ship, lonely and empty, and so I left after only about half an hour feeling underwhelmed at the experience. Since I'd heard good things about it, that makes me wonder if there was something missing from the usual runs.
Re: January Albatross Run 01/11/2015 02:51 PM CST
The activities on the ship are not slated for any of these events. Things like Dragon Bones or Conquest Wheel are for the normal, free, runs.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: January Albatross Run 01/12/2015 12:39 PM CST

Hmm Could we add a min number for deepen? Since it seems like a waste if the item holds a vsa even if I deepen it the percentage won't be enough to make a difference. For like vsa amount would we put like a min of 2 or even 5 pounds after you deepen it once?
Re: January Albatross Run 01/12/2015 01:15 PM CST

>For like vsa amount would we put like a min of 2 or even 5 pounds after you deepen it once?

I would recommend not deepening a vsa item at this event
Re: January Albatross Run 01/18/2015 01:42 PM CST
I've totally enjoyed every run of the Albatross I've done thus far, and just wanted to give a big ol' shout-out of thanks to all of the hosts! Though I've loved everything I've had done, this time and in the past, I'm especially pleased with my alterations from the January run (being prepared helps a lot), and want to thank both Shahno -- and, of course, the previous merchants as well -- for all of their time, patience, dedication, and creative collaboration.

Looking forward to more potential runs in future -- I know I, for one, would definitely sign up again!

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: January Albatross Run 01/18/2015 02:13 PM CST
This was my first visit on the Albatross today and I know Allotta and I both had a wonderful time.

Thanks very much to Shahno for their time and effort today!

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: January Albatross Run 01/18/2015 04:28 PM CST
>>This was my first visit on the Albatross today and I know Allotta and I both had a wonderful time.

Yay, glad to hear it!

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: January Albatross Run 01/19/2015 12:56 PM CST
I'm glad you enjoyed the run! I love doing them!

~~GM Kynlee~~
Private Property Guru
GS4-Kynlee@play.net
Re: January Albatross Run 01/20/2015 04:00 AM CST
My experience with this event -- I believe the first run in this form sometime in the summer -- was also awesome.

The deepening service is really above and beyond most normal means.

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Re: January Albatross Run 04/13/2015 07:23 AM CDT
Ruh-roh...

>You carefully inspect your dark ruic horn.
>You estimate that a burnished dark ruic horn inlaid with ivory triangles can store a small amount with enough space for any number of items of very small size.You determine that you could wear the horn, slinging it across your shoulders and back.
>It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of ruic.

Now that's a cool item I got a pocket added to at the Spitfire (thanks to Darqwolf for selling me his spot...I love these services)! Since it's shoulder worn, perhaps future merchants at the Albatross may find a way to let me stuff more than 10 scrolls in it. I definitely don't mind the "very small size" restriction what-so-ever.

>analyze my horn
>You analyze your dark ruic horn and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions, but the creator has stated that "The item type should not change."
>You can tell that the horn is as light as it can get and that its pockets could not possibly get any deeper.

And while I'm posting about my geeky item, I might as well query. Supposing I manage to find, slay, and skin a ki-lin...

When it says "the item type should not change" do I properly interpret that a horn is a horn? I know changing materials is generally frowned upon, but I understood that is more particular to functional materials and not necessarily things that are just for show.

Definitely the worn ki-lin horn which serves as a scroll tube was a dream item of mine for more than a decade. And now I seem to have step 1 completed (wearable horn which is pocketed). Indeed, I found this particular item and have kept it aside with this eventual goal in mind.

(I also recognize that any merchant may refuse any work for any reason. Here my question is about the legality. And I understand without seeing the item, a GM may not be able to say for sure. A vague "maybe" or a definite "no" would at least let me know if the ki-lin hunt should be my next step.)

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog (except not just this second...it crashed)
Re: January Albatross Run 04/13/2015 05:38 PM CDT
I added the alteration info that GMs have about the horn to the analyze section. If you want a ki-lin hunting horn, that should be doable provided you have a spare ki-lin horn to devote to the cause!

~Vanah
Re: January Albatross Run 04/14/2015 07:26 PM CDT

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when he reads this. I imagine much squeeing
Re: January Albatross Run 04/15/2015 12:38 PM CDT
>I added the alteration info that GMs have about the horn to the analyze section. If you want a ki-lin hunting horn, that should be doable provided you have a spare ki-lin horn to devote to the cause!

I'd love you anyway Vanah, but thank you!

I'm not sure I'll have a spare ki-lin horn, but I have a plan to find one!

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog
Re: January Albatross Run 10/28/2015 01:38 AM CDT
Will we be seeing that Albatross again after EG for anyone who didn't get quite all their alterations done? Or, better still, for people who have suddenly become interested in not-quite-epic deepening in light of the encumbrance boosts from login rewards?