More Albatross Runs 08/26/2014 10:53 PM CDT
Hey everyone, we've just set up more runs for the Albatross, based on feedback. Tickets are set up so anyone can buy them (as we didn't sell out last time). If this ends up being an issue, we can work on limiting ticket sales for future runs. But I know the majority of people interested in coming are those that came on previous runs.

September 6th - Prime - 1pm ET
September 7th - Platinum - 1pm ET
September 9th - Prime - 4pm ET
September 13th Prime - 7pm ET

If there is a lot of interest, we can work on getting more up. The same services are being offered, general alterations, lightening, and deepening. The deepening service can take a cloak to a capacity of 160lbs. See previous posts for details on the deepening service. Platinum will get all this plus features and tattoos. You are still limited to 3 services total for this event though.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: More Albatross Runs 08/26/2014 10:56 PM CDT

could backpacks reach 160 or more as well? could we swap alterations from one item to another? like bow to another bow
Re: More Albatross Runs 08/26/2014 11:05 PM CDT
Yeah, items that can normally reach 140lbs can now reach 160lbs. Backpacks are definitely one of them. I just used cloaks as an example. Alterations would still need be things we can do according to ALTER. So if the other bow is rocking an "illegal" alter, no dice!

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: More Albatross Runs 08/27/2014 07:49 AM CDT
What Wyrom said about copying alters is correct, of course, but if it's just a matter of, "Hey, I brought this and want to see it on that" and it works (mechanically and "legally) then sure, why not. If, for some reason, you wanted me to swap the alters, I'd count that as 2.

~GM Liia, coming soon to an Albatross near you.
Team 3P, Paid Events Guru
Re: More Albatross Runs 08/27/2014 09:28 AM CDT
No feature alters for prime runs only plat runs? Darn.

Velvette
Re: More Albatross Runs 08/27/2014 11:00 AM CDT
>>No feature alters for prime runs only plat runs? Darn.

Just for these 4. If we offer features and tattoos, it would replace general alterations for the Prime runs. It's on the list to do, but just want to see how these go before we do anything more.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: More Albatross Runs 08/27/2014 11:03 AM CDT
More Albatross Runs... sounds like the bird has issues with incontinence. :)
Re: More Albatross Runs 08/27/2014 09:18 PM CDT

Awesome ! can you enlighten those of that dont do alot of paid events as to the cost and what the event entails?
Re: More Albatross Runs 08/27/2014 10:13 PM CDT
>Awesome ! can you enlighten those of that dont do alot of paid events as to the cost and what the event entails?

I believe all of that is on the box office page
Re: More Albatross Runs 08/28/2014 10:54 AM CDT
Everything should be found here.

http://www.play.net/gs4/news.asp?id=1285

~Wyrom, APM

Re: More Albatross Runs 08/28/2014 01:55 PM CDT
For those that requested another run that haven't signed up, is there anything we can better accommodate you with? Planning these things take awhile, so I'd hate to waste resources if we're not meeting expectations for those that requested another run. Just putting a feeler out to help me help you.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: More Albatross Runs 08/28/2014 10:41 PM CDT

Thank your the link, but the $30 price tag is a bit steep. I do not have enough coin to gamble well. But, something like Troubled waters at a lower ticket price is pretty cool, and might make me richer !
Re: More Albatross Runs 08/28/2014 10:50 PM CDT
I'm going, just procrastinating as usual.
Re: More Albatross Runs 08/28/2014 11:50 PM CDT
Same, I was just being slow, but ticket is now stamped.
Re: More Albatross Runs 08/29/2014 09:49 AM CDT
Since I've had a lot of people ask when we'll be doing a feature and tattoo run, we've just made the decision to now include them into all runs. So the service line up is now general alterations, lightening, deepening, features, and tattoos! GALDFT! I'll get the news item updated and we'll get the box office link updated going forward. But this is effective for the September runs and anything going forward for the Albatross. You are still limited to three (3) services though.

As a note, please try to come prepared with ideas and familiarize yourself with ALTER in game.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: More Albatross Runs 09/09/2014 01:03 PM CDT

ok, I'm bored and home and can't sleep, so that's really good for you guys because I'm likely jumping on the boat today. If I have a back worn that is max deep at 100 and another max deep at 140, will they both be taken to 160?
Re: More Albatross Runs 09/09/2014 01:10 PM CDT
I thought they were adding 20 up to the max or something like that?

-- Robert
Re: More Albatross Runs 09/09/2014 11:14 PM CDT
We are adding 10% when we deepen per service. The max value is 160lbs of a back worn or cloak worn item. So if it starts at 100lbs, it would need about 6 services to go to 160lbs.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: More Albatross Runs 09/09/2014 11:17 PM CDT
5 for 100-160
Re: More Albatross Runs 09/10/2014 09:29 AM CDT
Yeah, that's what I get for not doing the math.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: More Albatross Runs 09/11/2014 07:05 PM CDT

There pipe tobacco for sale on the Albatross?

Tanivar Somakre

"Healing, you want it, you shall have it."
Re: More Albatross Runs 09/12/2014 11:11 AM CDT
Yeah pretty sure there is.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: More Albatross Runs 11/19/2014 01:29 AM CST
>>Since I've had a lot of people ask when we'll be doing a feature and tattoo run, we've just made the decision to now include them into all runs. So the service line up is now general alterations, lightening, deepening, features, and tattoos! GALDFT! I'll get the news item updated and we'll get the box office link updated going forward. But this is effective for the September runs and anything going forward for the Albatross. You are still limited to three (3) services though.
>-Wyrom

Oh yay, does this mean there will be more runs in the future??

'Cause I really love event, conceptually... especially if there are even more options now.

"Never could I breathe love if I did not first learn to inhale a little bit of chaos."
- Christopher Poindexter
Re: More Albatross Runs 11/19/2014 03:07 AM CST
Hope so, I have seven character's outfits I need to complete still and not enough merchants hehe (I kid, I kid, I know we're spoilt for choice!).

You know, what would be super cool is the ability to monopol.. I mean spend quality time with a merchant, for a set amount of time e.g., 15 minutes for GALD. I would pay EG ticket price for that and make sure I was prepared.

Heck, I would pay EG ticket price for a mayhem tattoo.... hint hint.
Re: More Albatross Runs 11/19/2014 02:13 PM CST
Gimme dates/times, I'll see if we can do something in December.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: More Albatross Runs 11/19/2014 03:37 PM CST
I know I'm interested in getting to participate in more events, so I'm all for more of anything ever, pretty much.
Re: More Albatross Runs 11/21/2014 05:16 PM CST
I like weekends and/or Mondays, m'self!

"Never could I breathe love if I did not first learn to inhale a little bit of chaos."
- Christopher Poindexter
Re: More Albatross Runs 11/21/2014 05:18 PM CST
And yeah, I love the idea of being able to pay a slight premium for dedicated merchant time. From my experience, the 3-services-per-person thing works out very well for the relative cost, given that it's a pre-allotted time and you're guaranteed those services.

- Christopher Poindexter
Re: More Albatross Runs 11/21/2014 05:29 PM CST
Saturday mornings.
Re: More Albatross Runs 11/22/2014 10:03 AM CST

Weekends!