Hmmm 11/09/2014 01:09 PM CST
What Tamuz, no love for the Wavedancer? We can salvage it from the bottom of the sea, rebuild it, and enjoy Wavedancer 2!

Mainly I just want the wedding verbs from here though.
Re: Hmmm 11/09/2014 01:22 PM CST
We cannot rebuild it. We don't have the technology. We can neither make it better, nor faster, nor stronger.

~GM Liia, 0 million dollars.
Team 3P, Paid Events Guru
Re: Hmmm 11/09/2014 01:42 PM CST
How about throwing a party on the beach where we dance through the waves and can get the lovely wedding verbs from here? ;)
Re: Hmmm 11/09/2014 02:59 PM CST
To be fair, the Wedding package that was an EG auction item was permitted to use the Wavedancer wedding verbs. So all hope is not lost on that front.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Hmmm 11/09/2014 04:31 PM CST
The wave dancer wasn't sunk in prime was it? How about the Jug II?

Velvette
Re: Hmmm 11/09/2014 05:43 PM CST
<<We can salvage it from the bottom of the sea, rebuild it, and enjoy Wavedancer 2!>>

The water was particularly corrosive. Corrosive to everything. Down to base elements. Then the electrons left those elements.

SGM Sleken
Re: Hmmm 11/09/2014 06:06 PM CST

>>We cannot rebuild it. We don't have the technology. We can neither make it better, nor faster, nor stronger.

OK, that settles it, I guess we are going back in time!
Re: Hmmm 11/09/2014 06:36 PM CST
>>OK, that settles it, I guess we are going back in time!

I know of a Chronomage who has a special hourglass...
Re: Hmmm 11/09/2014 07:03 PM CST
I know that the GMs hated it but it was one of my favorite events ever. I still have my picture book. Even the third class rooms were great!

Velvette
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 09:47 AM CST
The GMs who were on staff at the time hated it. The Wavedancer will always be one of my favorite events.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 09:52 AM CST
The Wavedancer was a great event I will remember fondly. That said it's very easy to see why members of staff at the time hated it. We were at the peak of the scripted items arms race. Service demands were ridiculously high. It was a lot of GM time commitment to a stressful event format and it was run into the ground. I'd be curious how staff members felt about CCF or DMC in comparison.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 10:10 AM CST
One of my favorite memories of this event...

It was awhile ago. Fighting demons (Vathors!) was still relatively novel... and somehow a lot harder than it is now. We built a whole big war party, and had our whole strategy for tackling the demons planned out. The goal: kill a Vathor.

The group was heavily-populated by the Dark Alliance, peppered with some other people. I was the lowest-level person in the group. (Maybe 50ish at the time?)

... it went poorly. We later found out the Vathors were broken. (Dispell wasn't working like it was supposed to on them.) Thus, making it nearly impossible. However, we fought hard. Half of the group wiped and we escaped into a Major Sanct to regoup. We're there for a minute or two, then suddenly Siwas turns to me and goes, "Wait a minute. How are YOU still alive?!"

So I had my small victory... in not dying as quickly as expected. Go me. (I died later, of course. Who didn't?)

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 10:51 AM CST
>>I'd be curious how staff members felt about CCF or DMC in comparison.

RtCF and CCF I feel were probably a love-hate relationship. I worked pretty long hours on it. The scheduling was incredibly tough to work out.

DMC isn't as demanding on staff. At least the mini tournaments. I don't mind the smaller runs of it. I love that it's contained (in a system sense). But there are a lot of mindsets it created that I don't particularly enjoy.

>>One of my favorite memories of this event...

Pretty sure I was in that group. Mekthros and Wulfhen saved me more times than I can remember.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 11:57 AM CST
Just consider the awesome lessons learned from RtCF and CCF in Shattered. Those had to be some of the easiest events ever compared to the stress levels of Prime merchant events. I love how much stress is taken off the event when you know going in that you will get x services and the merchants will be there at y time.

If Tamuz is looking for popularity and what people want to see, then for me, first choice would be another CCF. Of course I'd be doing it in Shattered rather than Prime.
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 12:03 PM CST
I am heavily against another CCF at this point. Honestly we've gotten a bit monty haul and another CCF like event this soon would add to that. I would LOVE to see a CCF like event for RP related stuff and not mechanical improvements.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 01:47 PM CST

>>The GMs who were on staff at the time hated it. The Wavedancer will always be one of my favorite events. <<

Though I found it a bit of a stretch genre-wise, the ship itself and all its details and toys were just such an impressive demonstration of what you can pull off in GS. So detailed, so evocative.

-E
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 02:07 PM CST
I wasn't on staff for the WD (though I was part of its Plat demise). But I love the point you make about details. I tend to get a little detail-crazy when I make areas and shops, even knowing some players will never notice. It makes me happy! I hope to have a whole lot of opportunity to do this with Sylinar's Spire, should it expand over time.

~GM Liia
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 02:37 PM CST
>I wasn't on staff for the WD (though I was part of its Plat demise). But I love the point you make about details. I tend to get a little detail-crazy when I make areas and shops, even knowing some players will never notice. It makes me happy! I hope to have a whole lot of opportunity to do this with Sylinar's Spire, should it expand over time.

I remember GM Jharra really took advantage of those details with Nalea. She was distributing the gowns in room order... and when she'd announce, she'd mention some decorative detail in a room on the ship somewhere, and it was a race to find it.

Not wanting to lose out on my last shot at a Nalea, I went room by room, making my own map that noted the details of all the decor on that particular deck. It paid off. I ended up first in line when we were supposed to gather by the Nyddian urn!

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 02:39 PM CST
I loved the Wave Dancer and let me tell you I went on EVER one of them so I understand the idea of burn out. I took different characters. I was trying for Lirion bow or an unlimited bandolier. You could only win one raffle on the ship so those were the only two that I actually entered.

I took my youngish rogue (think she was like 20) and got her entirely altered out on a third class ticket. She's half elven Tehir and so I had fun thinking up all her clothing. This event was really worth the money. The invasion of the krolvin and rescuing everyone and being able to go hunt a little bit and the event storyline.

The ship was very detailed. I think the Spire is Liia's baby :) She seems so excited about it, if I go (I'm not big on enhancives like some are) I will log in with that nasty Stormfront that gives me a headache just to look around. I love looking around new areas and having everything bolded is nice I just can't seem to get used to the blue lines, can't figure out how to get rid of them and the font kills my old eyes.

Velvette
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 03:02 PM CST
A salvage mission! To the bottom of the sea, in search of Wave Dancer Booty! And, wait for it...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

We'll get there aboard the newly fitted juggernaut submersible!
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 04:10 PM CST
I like it Kerl! That would be fun!

Velvette
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 05:30 PM CST
>>I think the Spire is Liia's baby

What gave it away? I put details in there that allude to lore that hasn't even begun yet.

~GM Liia
Re: Hmmm 11/10/2014 07:02 PM CST

Like candy on the walls? That was my favorite ever!
Re: Hmmm 11/11/2014 09:30 AM CST
Wavedancer. Undoubtedly during the height of my obsession with Elanthia.

Went on this 3 times for chances at Lirion's bow workings and moreso, the hurling bandoliers. Although there was a certain blade merchant, and she had absinthe, and Turinrond get stupid drunk on many an occasion, and then, of course, the ballroom, when no one else was around. :-)

I think that I prefer things like that. Exclusive item for profession/skill set. Much like the fletching razors at EG. We are forced to make choices anyway, and things like that make the choices easier.

Whatever direction this goes, there's definitely a market for those WaveDancer wedding verbs - so those need to be incorporated into whatever you come up with.

Also, I wouldn't mind a chance at another returner, since the introduction of all these new weapon properties. Bane. Greater Flares. Enhancive. Ideally, the bandolier would get some awesome new flare and the returner would be a blessable or demon bane.

Anyway, now I'm dreaming. And babbling.

~ Bill, Coyote.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
Re: Hmmm 11/11/2014 08:53 PM CST
I wasn't playing when this event went down but I've heard amazing things. If this were to come back I could stop kicking myself for having missed it!

Chad, player of a few
Re: Hmmm 11/13/2014 06:29 AM CST
>I know of a Chronomage who has a special hourglass...

The hourglass shattered! Poor, poor hourglass. Olthos does have a demon egg, though.

~ Haliste ~
The M & M Guru
Forest Gnomes
Re: Hmmm 11/13/2014 01:02 PM CST
>> The hourglass shattered! Poor, poor hourglass. Olthos does have a demon egg, though.

You think that's going to come back to bite us later? Nah, probably not. What's the worst that can happen? He's a chronomage, those guys can be trusted.
Re: Hmmm 11/13/2014 01:16 PM CST

Haliste --

Have been loving the pulls from the fragment. My favorite is a small demon skull (forget which one) drinkable container. Belt-worn too! Would be neat if multiple demon types were in there to collect. Have a dinner party.

-E
Re: Hmmm 11/13/2014 01:17 PM CST
> Olthos does have a demon egg, though.

Mmm. Demonic omelets with cheese.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

Re: Hmmm 11/13/2014 02:31 PM CST
>>Mmm. Demonic omelets with cheese.

Everything is better with cheese, including demons.

~GM Liia, knows that cheese is a magic number. Yes it is.
Re: Hmmm 11/13/2014 09:41 PM CST
It's an egg. What could possibly go wrong?

~ Haliste ~
The M & M Guru
Forest Gnomes