Wyrom- a basic QoL adjustment request. 12/12/2020 10:44 AM CST

Heya Wyrom, I got a very simple request but will dramatically change my gameplay style (from literally not playable to playable).

I’m buying a ton of SIMUCOIN items from the store and I would please request that you remove the “yellow text” stating I got simucoin items left unredeemed. Maybe a one time thing might be OK but not in an endless cycle. I’d rather keep my 5 bajillion feather charms unredeemed until needed. Thanks.

P.S. If there is already a way to turn off the meassaging, forgiveness please.
Re: Wyrom- a basic QoL adjustment request. 12/12/2020 12:53 PM CST
>P.S. If there is already a way to turn off the meassaging, forgiveness please.

I squelch it.
Re: Wyrom- a basic QoL adjustment request. 12/12/2020 03:58 PM CST

I’m sorry how does one squelch something?
Re: Wyrom- a basic QoL adjustment request. 12/12/2020 04:21 PM CST
>I’m sorry how does one squelch something?

If you're using StormFront you can highlight strings to change the color they show up as. Likewise, you can make strings of text not show up. If you don't want to see something over and over again, you can hide (squelch) strings. Which is very easy to do.

In the window you simply need to highlight (click and drag to highlight the text, like you would do in Windows or in MS Word) you want to squelch.
Next, right click on the story window in StormFront to bring up a Popup Menu.
In the Popup Menu, go down to "Copy to" and then choose "Ignores"

From this point on, the string of text you copied to the Ignores will no longer show up on your screen.

You could also click on the "Options" button on the upper right corner in SF.
Then choose "Highlights" from the menu options.
In the Text Highlights window that opens, click on the "Ignore" tab.
From here you Add, Edit and Delete text you've added to be ignored.
Re: Wyrom- a basic QoL adjustment request. 12/12/2020 04:47 PM CST

I’m curious if this will add to my screen scroll though? it seems like a work around that could potentially add to some minor lag or latency as messages are still being broadcasted to me.

I’d rather they just give us the option to turn off the messaging. Doesn’t seem too difficult to do.
Re: Wyrom- a basic QoL adjustment request. 12/12/2020 05:04 PM CST
<<I’m curious if this will add to my screen scroll though? it seems like a work around that could potentially add to some minor lag or latency as messages are still being broadcasted to me.

It will not add to your scroll. In fact, it'll reduce it because you won't see it. It's much easier to squelch messaging within the FrontEnd that you use (Wizard or StormFront) than the other option. It won't even add any lag or latency, either. This is why the ability to squelch messaging was programmed into the FrontEnd's software in the first place.

~Aulis
Platinum Co-Guru
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Wyrom- a basic QoL adjustment request. 12/12/2020 06:41 PM CST
If you are using Lich with Profanity, there's an amazeballs new squelching script called ;isquelch that Mister Ineum made.

It may work with some other things out there which have no native squelch features in them. I know it gave me squelches in Profanity and Avalon, though. Which was all I needed!

~L.

---
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: https://www.gstowncrier.com/subscribe/
And more:
https://www.gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Wyrom- a basic QoL adjustment request. 12/14/2020 06:43 PM CST
I'll take a peek, but anything that touches billing is usually outside the scope for offsite staff (I'm offsite).

Wyrom, PM
Re: Wyrom- a basic QoL adjustment request. 12/15/2020 01:12 PM CST

Nice! Thx Wyrom, if you can get it fixed I don’t have to keep buying this stuff on my alt and start buying for my main and directly redeeming from his account. Such a pain to log on an alt account have my main meet up with him and transfer the token or whatever for him to use.