Language hearing aids 12/21/2021 05:28 AM CST
Id like to request an earcuff or similar device to allow my character to understand other languages, the same way the Troubled Waters earcuff lets you understand krolvin. Not speak, just understand. I am really tired of forcing an entire room of elves and an elf played by a GM to speak Common because Im the only non elf in the room. It happens regularly and its very unfun to feel like a complete killjoy. Walking into a room and having the GM npc request the crowd speak Common when YOU are the reason is not a pleasant feeling. Im happy to pay $ to solve this problem. Thanks
Re: Language hearing aids 12/21/2021 06:27 AM CST
Seconded. This is an item I'd pay good money to gift someone so they could understand Aelotian - after 10+ years, this person should understand a little more than the basics (and right now they can't even understand that much).

Or some other means for a character to learn another language. Tie it to ascension if needed.

~Traiva's Muse
Re: Language hearing aids 12/21/2021 06:38 AM CST
Thirded. Mirkk is learning elven, and RPs it through Quenya. He can read (somewhat) the elven script, and I’d love to have the ability for him to learn the language slowly over time without needing an OOC or IC translator. These ear cuffs or similar devices would be phenomenal, particularly for humans who literally have common and guild as our only languages.
Re: Language hearing aids 12/21/2021 07:45 AM CST

Fouth..Ed? But yes it's time to see something like this happen. I would gladly throw money at someone for this ability.

It's entirely possible as I know they've been sold at auctions. So it isn't that stopping this from happening.
Re: Language hearing aids 12/21/2021 07:45 AM CST
Almost feels like a 4-hour effect Elven wine is in order. . .

Doug
Re: Language hearing aids 12/21/2021 05:30 PM CST
Take my money! I'm joining in on this as well.

~Kayse's figment of her imagination.

"Can you ask for easier alters so I don't have to scrounge through obscure documents to find out what you're asking for? xoxo." - Retser
"I'm not sure how you move with all those crackers." -Xynwen
Re: Language hearing aids 12/21/2021 07:11 PM CST
It doesnt need to be an earcuff, just a way to get SOMETHING done on the old-as-the-game question of language learning.
Re: Language hearing aids 12/21/2021 07:16 PM CST
I suppose it could crop up as an Ascension training opportunity at some point.

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Language hearing aids 12/22/2021 07:46 AM CST
>>I suppose it could crop up as an Ascension training opportunity at some point.

Yep, agreed. But a short-term method still would be nice.

Doug