Square combat messaging options please? 12/07/2021 06:35 AM CST
I know that some of this functionality is locked behind other development, but if there is a way to incorporate some form of custom combat messaging, even from premade options, that would be great. Rumor Woods was identified as the most likely place to see this released. The original goal was last year's RW and I'm hopefully we can make this year's instead.

Every time I see a gajillion spell preps go out at EG and a huge array of Spire options for spellcasters, I am reminded of just HOW LITTLE square combat is supported from an RP perspective in gemstone. We have been reduced to swings and thrusts for our weapons for ages. There is no flair, personality or soul to any of it. We are the same cookie-cutter combatants we have been from inception. Every warrior attack is the same. Every rogue ambush is the same.

I realize for many, this sort of thing doesn't matter, but for a good many of us this is the sort of RP support our classes have historically NEVER gotten, but other professions get in buckets.

Thanks