Pixie and Fox "Reputation" 06/28/2021 10:28 AM CDT
So I had this idea and took it to Discord to gauge player response, and it seemed to be well received so I am posting that here as a suggestion.

This is mainly for those who were really wanting to find a pixie or fox, and spent a fair amount to do so, yet RNG being as it is, they did not win one of the pets. (And by fair amount, I am thinking about 1,000 runs or more.)

The idea is that over time, the # of runs you're doing is raising a bit of reputation that will ultimately allow you to purchase the pet outright for an additional raikhen cost.

"Ah Erek. I see you have run our hunt more than 1,000 times. I can offer this fine bugle to you for #,### raikhen."

This would ensure that the person purchasing has at least run the event for a requisite number (1,000 there is just a suggestion) vs. just offering the pet for raikhen alone.

In addition, we had some discussion about attunement. For myself, I would be happy to be able to buy it already attuned, and being able to buy one only, vs. using this as a moneymaking vehicle. (This may just be me though.)

The above ensures you do still have some rarity with the pets, AND allows for people to eventually get one over time. So, someone who can afford maybe 200 runs a year could conceivably outright buy their own 5 events from now (if we use that 1,000 threshold) outright, if they haven't won one randomly by then.

So, there's my suggestion. Overall RW was a fantastic event, and I truly enjoyed all of it. I am very happy with all my purchases, but would love to be able to ultimately just buy one of the pets outright given the # of runs I had.

Also, I realize there's some more that needs fleshing out here, such as the fact that there's not a pet tied to Joust, but it also offers a higher raikhen reward and people who really wanted a dragonfly or fox would have been in those hunts anyway, and not jousting.
Re: Pixie and Fox "Reputation" 06/28/2021 11:01 AM CDT
I highly support a system like this for any prize offered as a "jackpot" style win in games.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Pixie and Fox "Reputation" 06/28/2021 04:58 PM CDT
Reading this over I think it's a good idea. It all feels reasonable to me. And if there is a concern about people farming them for resale, having it attune on purchase fixes that (I'm sad we didn't have general attunement options available for discount at RW like we did for Duskruin). Would be helpful for people who have put in thousands of runs in the hopes of getting a fox/dragonfly/whatever jackpot but RNG wasn't in their favor. Plus the concept would drain more currency too. And would feel like working towards something rather than pure pulling the slot machine handle gambling.
Re: Pixie and Fox "Reputation" 06/28/2021 07:01 PM CDT
This is a fantastic idea, Erek.

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: Pixie and Fox "Reputation" 06/28/2021 07:33 PM CDT
I love this idea! It's a kind of failsafe for people who want these prizes but have bad luck, and attunement could help keep it from becoming a farmed commodity. I'd assume if you wanted to buy a second, you'd have to do another thousand runs?

--- Lauren, Lylia's player
Re: Pixie and Fox "Reputation" 06/28/2021 07:50 PM CDT
Love the idea. I'm in favor of opportunities to purchase items outright instead of relying on jackpots. This seems like a great compromise to bridge the two concepts.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Pixie and Fox "Reputation" 06/29/2021 11:48 AM CDT
>I'd assume if you wanted to buy a second, you'd have to do another thousand runs?

Hard to say. I wonder if two would even work, mechanically? I get why you might want more than one dragonfly to be sure, because then you could have two different looks! (maybe one out at a time?)

I'm up in the air on the repeat of the threshold of runs, as I hadn't really thought about multiple.