Rumor Woods Conclusion 06/26/2021 11:14 PM CDT
Thank you to everyone that participated in Rumor Woods: The Battle of the Lion and the Stag this year and thank you to all the GMs that worked so hard on it.

Just a reminder that the last chance to purchase disks for this year’s run of Rumor Woods is June 27th, by midnight. The Grounds will remain open until June 30th.

Also, as a reminder, the following shops will NOT be returning next year. Please plan your purchases accordingly.

Stick Your Nose In It
Mane and Tail Above the Rest
Horse of a Different Fashion

Below is a list of what was released this year and everyone that was involved with it.

Documents

This year we released three new documents at Rumor Woods. They were:

Erithi Fashion from Formal to Casual ( https://gswiki.play.net/Erithi_Fashion ) by GM Xynwen

A Tale of Companionship ( https://gswiki.play.net/A_Tale_of_Companionship ) by GM Thandiwe

Upon the Surita Tree: Exciting Discoveries ( https://gswiki.play.net/Aganjira_and_Shadarl ) by GM Xynwen

Materials

This year we released two new materials. GM Estild was a driving force in making sure that they were each unique. The original concept, design, naming, and implementation for Shardarl came from GM Caose. GM Haliste came up with the name of the aganjira for the material. GM Xynwen took the bits of storyline/lore we tossed around and made them cohesive. Implementation, adjustments, and technical execution for both armors was handled by GM Estild.

Shadarl – this new material can only be used to create leather armor and has a natural enchantment of 4x. It can only be black, has a 1% natural spell hindrance due to its ability to absorb sound, which gives it a natural +40 to Hide and Stalk ranks that does not require charging.

Aganjira – is a new material created by softened beetle carapaces that can only be woven to create cloth armor. It has a natural enchantment of 4x and comes in both lesser and greater varieties. It has a natural ability of the following:

*Lesser aganjira: Reduces the d100 against warding and bolt spells by 1d10 for the wearer, and (2*1d10)% chance to gain 1d10 mana or stamina, -60 material penalty

*Greater aganjira: Reduces the d100 against warding and bolt spells by 1d25 for the wearer, and (2*1d25)% chance to gain 1d25 mana or stamina, -150 material penalty

Prioritizes mana or stamina based upon whichever you're missing the most of (in terms of absolute number, not percent).

All of the above materials have their abilities as natural abilities that do not take up script or flare slots.

Summit Academy

Summit Academy saw enormous additions to it this year. Given the praise that has come through for these, I thought it only fitting to let those that created the styles and designs receive their due credit. GM Isten and GM Tivvy were instrumental in getting these things organized and QC’d. So please share your love with them, too. GM Haliste did repairs on all the signs and updated them to work with some of the bulkier spell preps. Implementation was handled by myself, with other repairs being handled between myself, GM Haliste, and GM Sindin. GM Kaikala handled the Feature Distribution. Funny story, we all forgot that you needed a NOUN in the body build feature spot. So big thanks go to GM Kaikala for going back and correcting that.

Here is the breakdown of which GM was responsible for which portions of Summit Academy (the #'s used below can be found on the signs in Summit Academy):

GM Galene – Major Sanctuary Customs 101 & 102

GM Haliste - Manna Customs 62

GM Netz – Spirit Guide Customs 87 – 91, Hand of Tonis Customs 128 – 137, Tremor Customs 210 – 214, Blink Customs 229 – 231

GM Sindin – Planar Shift Customs 296 – 300

GM Thandiwe – Spell Prep 745, Features – Body Builds 61 – 72, Feature Wings 2 – 13, Wing Quirks 37 - 48

GM Tivvy – Spell Preps 730 – 744 & 746 – 751, Fire Spirit Customs 53 & 54, Manna Customs 72 & 73, Major Sanctuary Customs 98 – 100 & 103 & 104, Floating Disk Customs 168 – 170, Telekinesis Customs 269 – 275

GM Xynwen – Spell Preps 752 – 754, Logon/Logoff 123 – 132, Swears 132 – 141, Fire Spirit Customs 39 – 52, Manna Customs 63 – 71, Transference Customs 244 – 252, Well of Life Customs 112 – 121, Floating Disk Customs 156 – 167, Tangleweed Customs 173 – 182, Call Swarm Customs 190 – 194, Tremor Customs 206 – 209, Familiar Gate Customs 263 – 265, Empathic Assault Customs 217 – 228, Telekinesis Customs 276 – 295, Features – Body Builds 73 – 78, Feature Wings 14 – 19, Wing Quirks 49 – 54

Pixie Hunt

We added the Pixie hunt this year because last year several players were saying that the Fox Hunt didn’t fit their RP. We wanted to give non-jousters and non-animal hunters something in the middle and chasing after a pixie seemed like the appropriate thing to do. GM Wyrom helped with the implementation of this, while I worked on the updated coding. There were some hiccups, largely my fault, but GM Wyrom came to the rescue and fixed those.

Liraflyswn - Mapping and Painting by GM Thandiwe, QC by GM Flannihan

Pixie Hunt Titles – All new titles were brainstormed by GM Haliste and GM Thandiwe, and approved by GM Isten

Dragonfly Pet – Wing Modifications by Gemstones designed 100% by GM Xeraphina, Coding by GM Thandiwe, Messaging by GM Xayle and GM Thandiwe, QC by GM Retser and GM Isten. GM Retser was instrumental in the pet design and implementation as his base pet system was used for this.

Ceremony of Remembrance – This was a ceremony that I had created back in 2007 for the First Run of the Dragonfly Festival. I was very happy to bring it back and even happier by its reception.

Jousting Updates – GM Estild added a fast joust feature this year via SHOUT and updated all scripts for the new theme.

Jousting Titles – All new Jousting titles were created by GM Thandiwe and approved by GM Isten.

Cysaelator

We decided that because of the past year that everyone has had that something to help progress the healing of all of our wounds and misery was probably in order here. We were hoping that a peaceful place where people could be reflective and interact with the environment would be welcomed and it was very well received.

The Grounds, Interactives, and Ambients were designed by GM Thandiwe. QC was handled by GM Flannihan.

Aspen Grove

It came to my attention that even though this area was created in the 1st year, that it was only this past year that people actually started to explore it and use it. As such, I wanted to make sure that I gave credit (again) to GM Netz for the amazing ambiance of this area.

Grounds Update for New Tourney Theme

GM Elysansi handled all the updating of the pennants, signs, and various other do-dads and locations for the new theme. Her attention to detail was greatly appreciated.

New Mounts

The concept for the new mounts was brainstormed between myself and GM Haliste. GM Quilic came up with the amazing Verbs, Lazies, and 65% of the features for the Cervidae, with GM Haliste handling the heavy lifting of coding them. GM Haliste also handled all of the Ostler upgrades. She and I handled the remaining 35% of the feature offerings. An interesting point of fact, we came up with the nouns back in August of 2020.

Mount Types
Common - Buck, Deer, Doe, Stag
Uncommon - Caribou, Elk, Reindeer
Race-specific Uncommon - Antelope (Halfing & Gnome Only), Gazelle (Sylvan Only), Moose (Giantkin Only), Muntjac (Dwarven Only)
Rare - Hart, Hind

Mount Travel Updates – GM Retser added either side of Zul Logoth, and Group Traveling for this year.

Stables – GM Netz came to use about offering stables in Zul Logoth. They were a last-minute addition, but we were happy to get them out. After the Landing ran out of another stall, I asked for permission to add Kraken’s Fall Stables. I want to thank GM Mariath and GM Auchand who handled the last-minute QC on this and GM Retser for getting Zul added to the mount travel system on such short notice.

New Shops & Items

There were 23 new shops this run and 27 shops were refreshed. The QC team consisted of GM Auchand, GM Estild, GM Flannihan (Over 36 tasks), GM Galene, GM Gyres, GM Haliste, GM Isten (over 55 tasks), GM Ixix, GM Kynlee, GM Lanadriel, GM Mestys, GM Naijin, GM Naiken, GM Naos, GM Retser, GM Sleken, and GM Thandiwe.

New Shops Shop Creator Script Designer and/or Coder Refreshed Shops Refreshing GM
Can't Stop That Weaving GM Valyrka Weaving Tools - GM Thandiwe Born to Adorn GM Xayle
Cervidae Corral GM Thandiwe Cervidaes - GM Quilic, GM Haliste Colorful Carapace, The GM Aiza
Channeled Affections GM Xayle Spinner rings - Original Designer GM Naos, Updater GM Thandiwe w. Help from GM Xayle Container Yourself GM Thandiwe
Charmed, I'm Sure GM Avaluka Charm Bracelets & Charms - GM Avaluka Fanfare GM Elidi
Cog & Zephyr GM Kaikala Tortoise Saddles - GM Kaikala Gallant Groom, The GM Flannihan
Deerner Time GM Valyrka NA Galloping Gait, The GM Galene
Ferocious Eyes GM Thandiwe Eye-Masks - GM Thandiwe Gift Horse, The GM Xayle
GemStoned GM Haliste Dermal Piercer - GM Haliste Gifts of Atan Irith GM Sindin
Girlybird, The GM Elidi Feather-Based Earrings & Creation System - GM Elidi Horse Of A Different Fashion GM Valyrka
Goin' Stag GM Valyrka NA In the Loop GM Xayle
Greater of Two Weevils, The GM Elidi Aganjira - GM Estild Knight Way, The GM Kaikala
Holy Sheaths GM Sindin Holy Sheath Coding - GM Naiken, Holy Sheath Designer - GM Sindin Mane and Tail Above the Rest GM Thandiwe
ImPressions GM Thandiwe Flower Press & Binder - GM Thandiwe Poiret & Company, Salesroom GM Sindin
Kindred Plaid, The GM Thandiwe Male Giantkin Clothing - GM Thandiwe Quit Stallin' GM Flannihan
Lesser of Two Weevils, The GM Elysani Shadarl - Original Concept & Coding - GM Coase, Update and Implementation - GM Estild Robes of Resistance GM Xeraphina
Notcher Style GM Haliste Cervidae Ear Notching Gadgets - GM Haliste Roundabout Racers GM Kaikala
On the Wing GM Galene Aelotoi Wing Jewelry - GM Thandiwe Saddle Me Up GM Kaikala
Pigments of Memory GM Thandiwe Memory Tattoos - GM Thandiwe w. Messaging aid frm GM Xayle Spellsmith, The GM Sindin
Silken Lotus, the GM Xynwen Layered Erithi Clothing System - GM Xynwen Stick Your Nose In It GM Xayle
Spirits Within GM Elysani Spirit Shrouds - GM Quilic Sweetie Pies GM Elidi
Tinkers Toys GM Netz Toy Jousters - GM Netz Tartan Cloth, The GM Thandiwe
View from a Stag GM Kaikala Cervedai Saddles - GM Kaikala Tourney Tents GM Netz
- - - Trim and Polish GM Xayle
- - - Unfurling Battle GM Thandiwe
- - - Vaunt It and Flaunt It GM Avaluka
- - - What Remains GM Thandiwe

Wiki Wonders

An enormous shout out to both GM Xeraphina and GM Tivvy for their hard work on the wiki. GM Xeraphina did an amazing job on updating the Rumor Woods landing pages to be truly beautiful and she did some amazing work on implementing all the mount information in an easier-to-follow way. GM Tivvy handled much of the shop updating, along with her cadre of helpers, as well as many of the list updates on the wiki. Their organization and invaluable persistence were greatly appreciated.

A big thank you to GM Auchand for coding the Event Verb.

In Conclusion

Thank you to everyone for your patience with us while we worked our way through some issues with the mounts, pixie hunting, and various other oddities.

Thank you to Hosts Kebechet, Macushla, Nathe, Noiya, and Sirilda for handling the assists that came in.

Thank you to GMs Aiza, Elidi, Haliste, Haxus, Netz, Naiken, Quilic, Tivvy, Wyrom, and Xeraphina for the referrals and assists that they handled.

Please stay tuned for the announcement on who the winner was for this year's...

Rumor Woods: the Battle of the Lion and the Stag.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
ASGM of Events
Re: Rumor Woods Conclusion 06/27/2021 08:03 AM CDT

I just want to say that I had such a wonderful time at this year's Rumor Woods! I didn't win a pixie or fox, I didn't buy a new mount (but did get my old mounts some new stuff!) but I did get some exceedingly cool items, had a blast with friends, and just enjoyed the grounds - and found a forget-me-not (so obsessed with weaving now!) that it made the experience just a delight all around.

Thank you GMs Thandiwe, Halliste, Xynwen, Elidi, Estild, Quillic, Sinden - et al for SUCH amazing offerings and for simply making this fest one to remember. The weaving is AMAZING! The Erithi clothing is so gorgeous even as a Sylvan I had to buy some! The feathered earrings and facepaint are such fun, The holy sheaths.. just beyond cool! Everything, I cannot even mention it all was/is wonderful and I have to mention the attention to detail from the items to the grounds is outstanding. Major Kudos all around!

Katara
Silvergate's Head Nut

PS: If you aren't on the GS Discord chats you're missing out on some fun! My first fest in a discord fest room and I blend right in with the crazy! LOL Hugs!
Re: Rumor Woods Conclusion 06/27/2021 09:42 AM CDT
The amount of time, energy, comprehensive detail and thoughtfulness that went into this conclusion post is reflective of the time, energy, comprehensive detail and thoughtfulness that went into this event itself. Thank you and all the staff for the hard work that goes into making Rumor Woods a unique event in feel and items. I'm glad it's not just another Duskruin. For me this was the best RW yet, by far.
Re: Rumor Woods Conclusion 06/27/2021 11:03 AM CDT
Rumor Woods this year was a vast improvement over previous years imo. The level of detail and effort put forth by staff to make this year's Rumor Woods a success was self evident. The new item offerings seemed to cement Rumor Woods as the premier fluff event imo with addition of holy sheaths and ferocious eyes as well as the numerous new offerings available at Summit Academy. Hopefully this is an indication of what we can expect for this year's upcoming Ebon Gate.

For all the talk of Gemstone IV being dead it has definitely risen like the phoenix in the past 2 years.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Rumor Woods Conclusion 06/27/2021 11:25 AM CDT
I am going to be that person.

<Just a reminder that the last chance to purchase disks for this year’s run of Rumor Woods is June 27th, by midnight. The Grounds will remain open until June 30th.
Re: Rumor Woods Conclusion 06/27/2021 04:15 PM CDT
Thank you to all the staff!
Re: Rumor Woods Conclusion 06/28/2021 03:07 PM CDT
This is pretty annoying that you guys released shops on the weekend and ended marker sales the same weekend.
Re: Rumor Woods Conclusion 06/29/2021 12:55 PM CDT

Bravo (applauds you all) RW 2021 is over the top,
it's funny i've always enjoyed it from the start in 2019,
but every year just gets better
thank you all for your hard work

Darksin
Re: Rumor Woods Conclusion 07/07/2021 02:38 PM CDT
Thank you for another amazing event! I ended up shopping for way more than I was expecting, which made me (though not my wallet) very happy.

Any chance you can release some statistics about the pixie and fox hunts? How many total runs, how many pixies/foxes went out, etc.?