Request for Clothing Options 10/01/2020 08:13 PM CDT
Hello!

I'm hoping to understand the reasons why sarongs and sari are considered inappropriate as nouns for clothing items in the game. I have a male character that I'm hoping to make some alteration drafts for, and he doesn't wear the traditional "male" outfits of pants/shirts, his look and heritage are more Tehir/coastal (Brisker's Cove) and he's also a priest, so I like clothing that's more flowing and detailed.

I don't mind to have him in a wrap skirt or some close synonym, but currently he's wearing a kimono that I bought at the last Ebon Gate, so I have been wondering why he can't have a sarong. There is a tattoo of a "sarong-draped nymph" at the FWI tattoo shop, I've seen sarongs mentioned in a couple of other areas. Sarong is a rather generic term, at that, it can be used for one of countless garments that are worn by cultures in five different continents and across thousands of years. Sometimes it's a square of cloth that you wrap around your whole body, but often enough it's just below the waist. A skirt option for men that's not a kilt, if you will. We have turbans, serwhal, and so on, as well, already available.

I understand that Elanthia is on the whole a rough mimicry of European culture, but again, we do have Japanese items, and some of those are far more culture-specific than a sarong. So, I would love to see a little more diversity for men's clothing. Dhoti, longi, sarong, choli, and shendyt are all variations on the generic "sarong."

Another question, the popular Metamorphic Gowns that are often sold at Ebon Gate and other merchants- I have been unable to locate a list of acceptable nouns for these. We all know that gown, ballgown, bliaut and so on are often used, but could a male character request a tunic, doublet, cassock, soutane, and so on? I rather love these items and the versatility they can offer to a single set of worn items, so I hope this is a suggestion that you all will consider, if it's not currently in the list of options.

Thank you for reading!

-GK!
Re: Request for Clothing Options 10/02/2020 05:13 AM CDT
[Saewehna Lagoon, Shore]
A brief glimpse of the cliffs can be seen through the trees as the terrain thins further from the lagoon border where moss and clusters of flowers create a lush shoreline. Offering a slight reprieve from the heat, the trees manage to provide enough of a canopy to cast shade over a large bamboo hut fashioned with a wide counter.
Obvious paths: northeast, northwest

>look in hut
In the bamboo hut you see a slender female attendant and a tall female attendant.

>look first attendant
Larena is young and tall, with pale blonde hair lightened naturally from the sun. She wears a colorful necklace of flowers and a pair of painted, wooden bead earrings to compliment the ivory sarong skirt and pale blue wrap-bodice she wears to work.

>look second attendant
Solani has long red hair that is drawn back from her face with a simple, woven reed circlet to keep the curls from getting in her way as she works. Her dark grey eyes take in the surroundings with a watchful gaze, almost as if she is concerned about something. A colorful necklace of flowers complete her work uniform of an ivory sarong skirt and a pale blue wrap-bodice.

Sarongs are also worn by the attendants at this shop in Mist Harbor.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"