Weddings 01/26/2019 10:00 AM CST
I realize that “Cathedral Weddings” or GM Weddings are a lot of work as a lot goes into that project.... I can understand why they are not currently being offered.

I am hoping that Simucoins will offer a package of just the wedding rings and wedding verbs. The wedding verbs and the verbs for the rings are already created. The only part that would require alterations would be the rings. Two items to work with QC.
Re: Weddings 01/26/2019 12:38 PM CST
+1 this is a great idea. Maybe the package could simply come with a Sadie scroll to handle the alteration bit.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Weddings 01/26/2019 01:38 PM CST
Maybe the wedding verbs could be done with a token, like some of the spell preps. And yes, a Sadie scroll for the rings.
Re: Weddings 01/26/2019 02:27 PM CST
We need a Party/Wedding Center like they have in DragonRealms.

It'll cater your choices off the menu, rent you a tent, sell you generic invitations with zero information on them (OK, that part is not so good). You get a final certificate that you can plop down when it is time, and the tent has all the stuff off the menu that you bought. The clothing shop has auto-rotating stock in their Men's, Ladies', Jewelry, Formal, and Bridal departments for people to buy.

Special wedding verbs are not tied to rings, but to the ceremony. A cleric makes a rose, you both kiss the rose, and VOILA! The game thinks you are married!

There's even a divorce rose a cleric can make for THAT ceremony. That rose has side effects that aren't pretty, but it dissolves the verbs and the legal couple status.

So it's the perfect solution for couples who can't afford the big cash weddings and would make a wonderful option to offer instead.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Weddings 01/26/2019 03:11 PM CST
It occurs to me that wedding/lovey dovey verbs and whatnot would be a great addition to the Summit Academy if that ever came back.

And a divorce party sounds crazy fun. I'd get married just to have a crazy divorce party.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Weddings 01/27/2019 12:16 AM CST
> And a divorce party sounds crazy fun. I'd get married just to have a crazy divorce party.

In DR, you need to bring an empath and sometimes a cleric to your divorce if the empath can't act fast enough...

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Weddings 01/27/2019 01:37 AM CST
Yes for the Summit Academy!! I am so hoping that the Summit Academy will return. And it's a great idea to include the wedding verbs with that event.

I am willing to pay for a big cash wedding, however it isn't being offered at all. Meanwhile I do have the bridal and maid of honor outfits all set.
Re: Weddings 01/27/2019 04:07 PM CST
A more automated wedding experience is in the works, but we don't have any more details to share as of right now.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Weddings 03/24/2019 12:14 AM CDT

Any update on the small wedding package?

Verbs for the bride and groom plus altered and attuned rings. Seems to me all of that is already coded.
Re: Weddings 09/09/2020 12:08 PM CDT

<A more automated wedding experience is in the works, but we don't have any more details to share as of right now.

Wyrom, PM>

Update please? :)
Re: Weddings 10/21/2020 08:38 PM CDT
Any chance of an update on this? :)

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: Weddings 01/03/2021 09:57 PM CST
>Any chance of an update on this? :)

::bumps for 2021::

~Paragon of Kuon
Re: Weddings 03/17/2021 03:57 PM CDT
::even more bumps, because automated wedding experiences are wanted!::

~Inquisitor of Kuon
Re: Weddings 06/25/2021 08:18 PM CDT
I realize lots has been going on in the backend of things, hoping automated wedding experience are one of them!

~Inquisitor of Kuon
Re: Weddings 06/25/2021 08:50 PM CDT
They should totes add it to the BLESS rewrite! :)

Let our Clerics Do The Weddings, Handfastings, and Nuptials!

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Weddings 06/25/2021 09:58 PM CDT
>add it to the BLESS rewrite

Ooh! I like it!! :D

~Inquisitor of Kuon
Re: Weddings 06/26/2021 03:39 AM CDT
I super badly want to see the return of these somehow. I have serious regrets about (non-cathedral) weddings I've put off too long because I kept hoping the automated ones would be just around the corner. :(

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara_(prime)