Guidebook Feedback... 10/09/2022 06:56 AM CDT
First, I want to say that I really like the idea of the guidebook, the quest to unlock it, and the (at least proposed) functionality...

That said... The delay to release it until merchant week started (for Plat at least) is a huge negative, really reducing it's usability because it wasn't ready for merchant week, especially given the below other issues.

3 of the quests can't be completed, still either due to bugs or decisions that were made in design. I will do my best to not spoiler any of the quests with the descriptions below.

Chapter 4's NPC... Have waited for hours for the specific needed NPC to appear, still haven't seen it. Yes, I'm positive I'm in the right location.
Chapter 5's NPC is broken. When visiting the 2nd time to ask about the quest, you get zero feedback from the question. Not even a blank line or an error.
Chapter 9's item only being available at night really cripples anyone's progress who is not on "normal" play hours.

I do see that the transportation bug with the book has supposedly been fixed, but since it can't be used when there's unfinished quests... Likewise, the raffle timing being off an hour has been resolved.

The raffle part does have a small issue: when one of the merchants started their description with ... so only shows . as the description.

- Andreas